Device Issues Post Upgrading to Latest Firmware on SmartThings Hub V3

Hello everyone,

Hi, I’m Emmanuel Katto from Uganda, I’m encountering several issues with my devices after upgrading to the latest firmware on my SmartThings Hub V3. I’ve reset and attempted to pair devices like Ikea switches (Trådfri E1812 and E1810) through the app, but they appear as generic things like Zigbee buttons, with reduced functionality.

Additionally, my Aqara devices are exhibiting similar behavior, appearing as generic items and not functioning correctly.

Has anyone encountered and resolved similar issues? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Emmanuel Katto Uganda

Devices that get assigned a Zigbee Thing or Z-Wave Thing driver have device fingerprints that don’t match anything in the stock drivers. Go to the ST [Advanced Web App](https://my. smartthings.com/advanced) and take a screenshot of the device information. Then post that screenshot in either the Z-Wave Driver Request topic or the Zigbee Driver Request topic.

What is the firmware version on your hub?

1 Like

What edge driver were you using before? The two IKEA models that you listed are battery operated remotes/buttons, not technically “switches.”

The 1812 should work with the following custom edge driver

[ST Edge/Beta] Buttons and remotes Edge Driver (Aqara,IKEA,Tuya)

@jkp @JDRoberts Don’t waste time, it’s not a real user, just copied another old post

3 Likes

Perhaps… ! My belief is to help anyone who has questions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, me too. If it’s a good question, I’ll respond. The odds are someone else will have the same same question at some point.

1 Like