[OBSOLETE] Device Handler for Aqara Wired Wall Switch

Sorry to act daft…do you need the aqara hub also to make this work?? I have the ST hub 2018/2019 version

Hi, no you just need the Smartthings hub. It’s a Zigbee devices and does talk to the ST hub without any intermediaries.

One thing to say is that the switch mechanisms is fragile. I have just had mine stop working as the plastic inside has strained. Electronics still work great though. Just does not act as a manual switch anymore.

The strangest thing happened today. I say the changes in the device handler as above, decided to start from scratch. Tried the catchall process and the smartthings hub recognised the switch straight away and I did not have to specify a device handler!

Hi!
Would it be possible for you to make your githup repository conform to the structure expected by the Smartthings IDE? It makes it so much easier to update the DH. Thanks.

Yes, sure. I did the changes required. Could you please test it? It appears the Github Integration does not work for my region so I can’t verify it is working.

Hi All,

I have a question about the possibilities of this wall switch.I have the following scenario:
I have one double key aqara wall switch. The first button controls one ceiling lamp and the second one i want it to control one Arilux Wi-Fi controller ([RELEASE] SmartLife (H801) RGBW LED Strip Wifi Controller & Bulb) for an RGBW Led strip.Now here i can electrically link the second button with the controller but instead, i would prefer to make a webcore piston or something “smart” for this matter.

Do you have any idea if this scenario it’s possible?I would rather keep the second button for future expansion than hard-wire it to RGB controller.

Can you share some ideas/pistos?

Thank you,
Vlad

I can see both drivers from within the smartthings IDE, but it fails when I try to download one of them. I think you need a seperate .src folder for each .groovy file, with the structure name.src/name.groovy, where ‘name’ is the same both times. I’m not sure why smartthings wants it that way.

Thanks for this. Still having trouble. The classic app works perfect, the newer app does work but States network or server error please try again later, after a few seconds does work but not from the home screen. Any ideas please?

I see, ok, i moved them to separate folders.

Hi, I updated my no neutral wired wall switches with your device handler and when I physically press a button on my switch, it throws the light into an endless loop of turning on and off repeatedly. Is this a known bug?

Just want to inform you that I was able yo use your DH to control the new Xiaomi Remote Relay Switch module LLKZMK11LM. The DH worked fine but still there were some issues. You can read more here :

and have a look in that module here :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mijia-Aqara-Two-way-Control-Module-Wireless-Relay-Controller-2-Channels-Work-For-Mijia/33000600327.html?af=699318&aff_platform=aaf&cpt=1555529501572&afref=&dp=a87da95da4462c3164b3bed830d633fc&cv=47843&pvid=bec90bb4-d6af-4b07-b5d5-f3404655a11d&mall_affr=pr3&sk=VnYZvQVf&aff_trace_key=e60a8783d9864c62b02d481eb31d27f0-1555529501572-04762-VnYZvQVf&rmsg=replace_same_item&scm=1007.23534.124000.0&terminal_id=0c9ad0eb919544099c9728eb0368ff2c

2 Likes

Thank you for this!

Can some one help me ?

I got QBKG11LM and all i want to do is turn it off and on using my phone.

i tried using the app but is nonsense, why do i need to select 3 devises when i what to control one ?
seem like a lot of bs for simply turning off and on

Sorry for the delay in replying. I’ve been away from home.
I’m still getting an error. As I understand the protocol, the directory with the .src extension has to have exactly the same name as the .groovy file, apart from the extension.

Same issue after worked few days ago.

Got my no neutral double switch working with @1mbrk4’s DH and @erocm123’s app. Everything working as expected. I had a smart bulb on one circuit and dumb ones on the other, so I wired the switch to switch the dumb ones directly, but not the smart one, by attaching the switched wire for the smart light directly to the L terminal, leaving L1 empty. This worked as expected. The switch is drawing power from the connection to the dumb bulbs without switching the smart circuit. I can still switch on the smart bulb from the 2nd switch, but through software and zigbee rather than by opening and closing the circuit. The whole setup is still transparent to the general user.

1 Like

I’ve been doing a bit of “reverse engineering” on the no neutral double switch, starting from @1mbrk4’s DH as mentioned above. Not quite ready to release my efforts, but I can summarise where I’ve reached.

1. The temperature is available in integer degrees celsius. I can’t get ‘configureReporting’ to work, but the effect can be emulated in software. This part is now working.
  2. I can see differences in how both switches respond to
    a) on/off by software.
    b) on/off by hardware, i.e. pressing the switch
    c) double clicking
    d) press and hold. (This is dangerous as it can cause the device to reset itself)
    e) Clicking both switches simultaneously.
    So it should be possible to produce a DH which responds approriately to these events.
    However, some of these don’t make a lot of sense when the switch is configured to switch a dumb bulb. For example double clicking is simply ‘on’ then '‘off’. It would be nice if the DH could be written either to tell automatically if it was operating as a hardware or a software switch or this could be part of the configuration.

If by default your switch always toggles the line power with a double-press, then my guess is that there is probably a write attribute that can be sent to configure the switch so that double-press and/or hold does not affect the physical line power switch. After that is configured, double-press and/or hold could be used to generate button #x pushed / button #x held SmartThings events to use for automations.

Thanks for the idea, although without some clue as to what the appropriate attribute might be I’d really be fumbling in the dark with little hope of success.

With a Xiaomi hub, a ZigBee sniffer and Wireshark running on a computer you’d be able to reverse-engineer everything! :joy:

Without all of that, it’s probably best to rely on the good work of others. :grin:

I will have a look at some of the other home automation solutions that may have already reversed engineered this aspect of the powered-switched with single / double / hold functions and will report what I find back here.

1 Like