Device Handler for Aqara Wired Wall Switch

dth_lighting

(Aleš Příhoda) #42

I am trying to set up my wired single gang neutral switch. With simic’s code. I have managed to get it working only half way. When manualy switch on/off
(by hand) I can see status change in Smartthings app. So it looks like pairing is ok. But I can not switch it wirelessly from app. Nothing happens and it get stuck in turningon or turningoff status.

Do you know what could be wrong?

(A3 Scream) #43

Hey guys, something seems to be wrong with the aqara switches today. There is a lag of over 2 mins in the switches responding to toggle on smartthings. Am I the only one having this issue or someone else also facing challenges with smartthings app? It works perfectly for other devices just the aqara switches is giving issues… Any solutions?

(Darren) #44

It may be an ST thing, I see a few people saying strange things are happening today in their respective environments.

(Kelvin Kueh) #45

you may try to change the code below for off trigger, do the similar change for 3 6 1 to 1 6 1 for on trigger

“st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 3 6 0 {}”

to

“st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 1 6 0 {}”

This fix the issue I faced for my two gang wired switches with neutral line

(Aleš Příhoda) #46

Thanks! 260 to 160 and 261 to 161… working now…

(Antony Pugh) #47

Thinking of a few of these wire options.

Question.

Can you use the wired option as a dumb switch? Do it just acts as a button for say hue bulbs?

And do they work for actually switching a light too like a fibaro would?

I don’t need dimming in the buttons. This is to make the house switch friendly.

Thanks.

(Adam Walker) #48

Yes to both…so say your hue is wired to to the switch, it’s dumb. Or you could wire dumb light to the switch, and it will also then trigger the hue through smartthings if in a permanent on lamp .

(Adam Walker) #49

The double switch is more trouble,smartthings can tell which switch has been pressed, so big paddles trigger same command

Smartthings can trigger both switches from the app though

(Antony Pugh) #50

Do they sell a single paddle wired version???

(Antony Pugh) #51

I assume that’s a DH issue?

(Adam Walker) #52

Yep, I have 4 working well

(Antony Pugh) #53

Do we know why it’s reporting wrong in ST? Some missing code? Surely Xiaomi have no issue with it reporting.

Just curious.

(Daniel Consuegra) #54

Any chance this might work with the wireless versions of the switch? I will need it in a room… or 2…

Thanks!

(Antony Pugh) #55

Why is there Temperature on the DTH??? I seen no requests for updating this. Can the wired unit do Temp or is it just left over code??

(Kenneth Eriksen) #56

Hi all and sorry if this is a noob question.

Would you be able to use the switch (qbkg11lm - wired, 1 gang with neutral) as a cheap remote zigbee relay?
The price on these is about $30 around the web…
Or does anyone have an cheaper alternative, for a remote controlled switch/relay, to control (turn on/off) a small FM radio (230V) :thinking:

(James Scholes) #57

I guess you could, if you wired the switch into the power feed, but surely a Zigbee/Z-wave socket would be better?

The official SmartThings socket is back in stock in a few places, and £30.99 from Very at the moment. Alternatively if you can often get a decent price on the TKBHome Z-wave sockets if you buy a few at once from Vesternet.

(Zen) #58

From what I read from other threads the aqara wired switch is not a ZigBee repeater I bought 2 recently and it paired fine but it is not working in my setup since I was planning to put the switch in my stairway, the issue is my current setup it is a 2 way switch and when I replaced it with the aqara wall switch it is not quite working and unable to power 2 light bulbs at the same time, no time to reinstall it to somewhere else

(Kenneth Eriksen) #59

Thanks @jymbob

Normally yes, but maybe i should have pointed out, that this setup would be “build in” to a small cupboard in my bathroom, with no outlet, just the wiring coming out of the wall inside it… :roll_eyes:
I looked at the Fibaro Switch, but the Xiaomi switch is half the price…
Any good suggestions to an alternative here…?

I know - but thanks for the heads up…! (if this was meant as a response to my post/question) :slight_smile:
Luckily i have Ikea bulbs all over the house, and they seem to form a very solid Zigbee mesh…

(James Scholes) #60

If you’re after a cheap and cheerful wired in solution, and you don’t mind getting your hands a bit dirty, maybe look into the Sonoff Basic. @erocm1231 has written custom firmware and DTH to control it via ST, and there are a couple of other offerings on the table too.

It’s a wifi-connected switchable relay designed to be wired in line. They’re small enough to fit in a wall run, although you’ll have to decide for yourself if you’re happy that it’s not going to cause an electrical fire.

(Kenneth Eriksen) #61

Great tip…! Thanks @jymbob :+1: