[OBSOLETE] Device Handler for Aqara Wired Wall Switch

Hi.

The network id is the important one. Yours is cb6d until you try and pair again

ZigBee Id, just enter the same network id. Enter all the details, not forgetting to select your hub and location in the new device form.

3m should be fine.

Good.luck

It’s always the seventh block of data that is the ID you want. It’s the same block for all Xiaomi devices.

Preformatted textcatchall: 0104 0000 01 01 0100 00 CB6D 00 01 115F 0A 01 01FF42296410016510006E20016F20FF0121E40C03281A05211900082112260A2100009923000000009B210000

U can only pair using catch all method.

The regular discovery does not work.

As for the feedback of switch status. It’s a limitation of st platform at the moment. The platform returns filtered results to the DH. Hence the DH cannot tell if the returned status refers to switch one or two.

If you Are using the single gang. U could use the other DH posted here by @johndoyle. It should track the physical presses properly.

Just chipping in to say my switch is working in the garage, a good 8m from the house, and through two brick walls.
I’ve been noticing a couple of issues where the switch appears to be going into a low-power mode (pure speculation - is this a thing?) or something, where devices using it as a repeater tend to drop. I’ve got an automation switching the light on for 5 minutes every 12 hours to keep it alive, which seems to have fixed it.

Just some more feedback. Switch has been rock solid for a week. No issues as all, and a it seems a stable repeater.

1 Like

I have been using the aqara switches for the past 3 months and they have been working quite well so far. Have installed 10 more and found a trick for pairing. So catchall is the way to go but we don’t need to keep pressing it on and off repeatedly. Simply press the switch down for 5 secs untill the blue light pops up while simultaneously pressing add things on your smartthings to discover devices. You can return back to the main screen on smartthings app after a minute and give it time. After roughly 10 mins or so you will see catchall show up on your events. In the meanwhile you can enjoy a beer or a cup of tea whatever your preference is :stuck_out_tongue: . I actually pressed atleast 5 switches in the home for new setup pairing mode one after the other and just gave it time. All catch call showed up. They don’t dissappear and will still be there of you come back an hour later or a day later. Simply added the devices and later changed the names on smartthings app based on whichever light it was for. All on all took me 30 minutes to setup 5 switches including setting up DTH. Thanks to @simic and other brilliant folks to make this possible!!

4 Likes

Hi All.

I bought a couple more of these, this time the single switch version.

The post above is spot on with the pairing method…one hit and wait for ten minutes, they all paired first time. Very odd…but it works.

They seem to be excellent repeaters, I now have solid signal all round the house.

Device handler works for double and single switches.

Cheers

Just to provide a further update. The switches have been solid.

However, now i have an XCTU stick to analyse the network, i can infact confirm they do not operate as repeaters, just end points.

1 Like

I am trying to set up my wired single gang neutral switch. With simic’s code. I have managed to get it working only half way. When manualy switch on/off
(by hand) I can see status change in Smartthings app. So it looks like pairing is ok. But I can not switch it wirelessly from app. Nothing happens and it get stuck in turningon or turningoff status.

Do you know what could be wrong?

1 Like

Hey guys, something seems to be wrong with the aqara switches today. There is a lag of over 2 mins in the switches responding to toggle on smartthings. Am I the only one having this issue or someone else also facing challenges with smartthings app? It works perfectly for other devices just the aqara switches is giving issues… Any solutions?

It may be an ST thing, I see a few people saying strange things are happening today in their respective environments.

you may try to change the code below for off trigger, do the similar change for 3 6 1 to 1 6 1 for on trigger

“st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 3 6 0 {}”

to

“st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 1 6 0 {}”

This fix the issue I faced for my two gang wired switches with neutral line

1 Like

Thanks! 260 to 160 and 261 to 161… working now…

Thinking of a few of these wire options.

Question.

Can you use the wired option as a dumb switch? Do it just acts as a button for say hue bulbs?

And do they work for actually switching a light too like a fibaro would?

I don’t need dimming in the buttons. This is to make the house switch friendly.

Thanks.

Yes to both…so say your hue is wired to to the switch, it’s dumb. Or you could wire dumb light to the switch, and it will also then trigger the hue through smartthings if in a permanent on lamp .

The double switch is more trouble,smartthings can tell which switch has been pressed, so big paddles trigger same command

Smartthings can trigger both switches from the app though

Do they sell a single paddle wired version???

I assume that’s a DH issue?

Yep, I have 4 working well

1 Like

Do we know why it’s reporting wrong in ST? Some missing code? Surely Xiaomi have no issue with it reporting.

Just curious.