Detect when salt level in water softener is low?

Very nice! Glad you were able to incorporate that. I might switch out to this new style from your “Gen 1” that I retrofitted! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is an equally elegant solution as well, Sergio, thanks for sharing!

It seems that the magnetic flux direction in your application is perpendicular to what my new version has, will it still work for you?

If so let please let me know and I’ll send you the components to retrofit both your units free of charge.

By the way, may I have your permission to use your picture in my web site?

Thanks

1 Like

It very well might work as is since the actual device is pretty sensitive to the magnetic field it appears. Worse case I would move the device to be parallel with the embedded portion.

That’s very kind of you! I’d be more than happy to pay for shipping or even the two units. Very much into supporting small business and inventors like yourself!

Absolutely! Let me know if you need a higher resolution copy and I could send it over.

What sensor did you use?

Thanks Sergio!

I just shipped 2 sets of parts for you to retrofit your units, the tracking number is

9400-1036-9930-0012-8212-62

Best regards

Marcos

1 Like

Hello, Terri!

Not sure if your question is addressed to me or Sergio.

In any event, if it helps any reed switch will be actuated by the magnet embedded in the red piston.

Hope you are well and enjoying your unit of the low level indicator.

Best regards

Marcos

Hello, I am using the standard SmartThings open/close sensor. But I think this setup would work with any magnet based open/close circuitry.