[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

Erik: Do you know if License 2.0 is the latest version of Device Handler from garyd9? Thanks

how can i view the code on either an iphone, ipad, or chromebook so that I can copy and paste it?

Does anyone know if it is possible to differentiate between manually locking the door from the inside vice pressing the lock button outside? I would like to NOT run a Hello Home message when manually locked, only run when someone locks from the outside. Anyone able to help me out? Thanks!

Yes! On certain locks only. This will be a feature on the next release, which you should see VERY SOON. I’ve been working like crazy on it…

What lock do you have?

Excellent! I have a Kwikset 916. Confirmed that the lock works. Looking forward to seeing updates! Thanks for the hard work.

How do you plan on integrating this. Currently I send the following in the lock event in my DTH. I want my DTH to align with your SmartApp.

resultMap.data = [ usedCode: user, type: "remotely" ]

The different types I use are remotely, manually, keypad and key. I based this off other code I saw. Thanks.

Another device type sends the usedCode as ‘0’ when a keypad is used. I’m not sure if this is the norm, but that’s what I went with. I haven’t seen the ‘type’ variable before, but I’ve seen type in the ‘usedCode’ variable as ‘manually’ and ‘’

If there’s no data object in the event map, and data.usedCode is ‘manual’ then I’m treating it as a manual turn.

On top of that, if there’s no data object at all in the codeReturn event, I set the lock to ‘does not support keypad lock’ and I hide some UX elements like the options to use commands on keypad lock and the routine associated with it.

I’ll PM my notes to you.

1 Like