[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

@KatieZ Now go to My Devices and find your door lock and click on the name. At the bottom of the screen, click on Edit. In the Type pull down list, find the device handler that you added and select it. Note, it will be near the bottom of the list, not alphabetically listed. Then click Update at the bottom of the screen.

1 Like

Done! Letā€™s hope that takes care of it! Thanks a bunch!!

Installed the latest version today for a Schlage BE469. On the IOS app, i am unable to save the users and codes. Whenever i press done and exit the screen, they disappear. please advise,
thank you
Jay

Jay - install the newer version :smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s working! Thanks again!

Iā€™ve successfully installed my first Schlage lock and have it working without many troubles. I have a couple questions:

1. Are there any problems with installing a second or third lock on other doors?
  2. Is there a way to input lock codes from the Lock Code Manager and have the lock update, or just manual input of codes in both places?

Looked for these answers, but was having a hard time finding them. Thanks for any input.

j

You should be able to install many more locks. I have 3 in total.
Make sure to run the code to clear the default codes on the lock, then you can add the codes via the Lock Code Manager, and it will remotely update them.

With the old app you needed a separate install for each lock. With the new app you only need one install and then you can choose which codes are active for each lock. Makes it much easier than having to program each lock individually

Thatā€™s not quite true. I know that you use this app 1 per lock, but it should be possible to use multiple locks on 1 install. Thereā€™s no need for multiple installs unless you need more than one schedule.

Though, the new app is better in most ways.

Okay Iā€™ll correct/ clarify myself, if using a 2 year old version of the old app . Never updating it because it just works. Is that better ? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks folks! Iā€™ll give it a go today and let you know where I screw up. :slight_smile:

Edit:
Screw Ups:

1. Didnā€™t change user code length on 2nd lock to match - fixed
  2. Deleted all user codes on 1st lock as recommended by JohnBotts and codes didnā€™t auto update - thoughts?

I successfully added 2 new schlage locks (3 total), but after adding them, only the last is receiving the code updates. None on the codes are working on the first two locks. Iā€™ve gone back and deleted all users and refreshed lock data in the app, and still no luck.

I did have to factory reset the second lock because it wasnā€™t locking all the way, and the 3rd I had to unenroll and re-enroll because I wasnā€™t patient while waiting for it to pair.

Any thoughts on why the 1st and 2nd locks arenā€™t getting the code updates?

Thanks again for all the help.

Make sure to wipe the factory codes off. Iā€™ve had issues with the code manager trying to update the locations of the factory codes. It appears to me that codes set on the lock itself have priority and will not update/erase via the lock manager.

Or leave slot1 and 2 alone and start from slot3

I havenā€™t had any problem with overriding factory codes and numbers. Remember that schlage locks are programmed to a specific code length. Itā€™s likely that your other two locks need to be a different length than the others. Refer to the manual to set the code length on your two locks to what youā€™re using, all should be programed to the same length.

I use and change slots 1&2 on my schlage and kwikset locks without issue.

Good luck.

EDIT: Something to also note that you cannot delete users on slot 1&2 on schelage locks, so if you need to limit access for a user using a schedule, use slot 3 for that user.

1 Like

Just bought a Kwikset 910. I know automation can occur when the unit is unlocked, but can it occur when it is locked? I.e. to arm the alarm in Away mode?

Yes, you can use CORE to trigger events when locked

No. Any code has to be valid on the lockā€™s firmware itself to be sent back to the hub. This is different than the normal keypad which just sends typed codes back to SmartThings.

If order for it to be sent back to ST as valid, the code has to be a valid lock code. So entering it into the 910 will cause it to unlock.

You could then have your trigger do a bunch of things and then also lock the door back up again though.

First off. Thank you for taking the time to make this app.
Question: The app seems to work well but I can not delete codes that are entered through the app. Also the burn or schedule function doesnā€™t work and the code remains on the lock.
I can send codes to the lock. But they do not cease to function when warranted.
Iā€™m using Kwikset 916 with smartthings.
Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using the new app or the old one? Iā€™m not offering support for this app anymore as Iā€™m no longer writing code for it.

Use the new one!

If you are talking about the new one, please ask the question in the new app thread for visibility.