[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

I’m pretty sure I’ve got everything configured correctly.

That looks correct to me. So codes set correctly but the lock info isn’t working? Is lock code manager constantly showing up in your “Recently” logs? If it is be sure to only set the number of users in the app to how many codes you want set (don’t leave any blank slots).

Under TYPE, it should say ‘ZWAVE LOCK REPORTING’

Yours is still setup using the stock Schlage lock device type.

1 Like

Thanks. Missed that. You are correct.

You will need to edit your lock to select Z-WAVE LOCK REPORTING.

Go into your IDE
Select Devices
Select your lock
Click Edit
Change Device Type to Z-WAVE LOCK REPORTING
Click save

Ok so that must be the issue.

I’ve selected my lock and clicked on Edit. However I don’t have a “Z-WAVE LOCK REPORTING” All I have are:

• Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock
  • Z-Wave Lock
  • Z-Wave Lock With Codes

The Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen lock is listed as the last entry in the drop down box to select. The other ZWave Locks are listed in Alphabetical order

There were 2 DTH options, did you select the correct one for you lock type ?

Yup. I copied and pasted this one for my Device Handler.

That one is called Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock and it does support lock codes, so the original one you had selected should work. Then we’re back to checking what I have above.

That looks correct to me. So codes set correctly but the lock info isn’t working? Is lock code manager constantly showing up in your “Recently” logs? If it is be sure to only set the number of users in the app to how many codes you want set (don’t leave any blank slots).

Really appreciate all the assistance everyone.

Did you set it to Use the “Z-WAVE Schlage Touchscreen Lock” option that is that last one in the list?

Yes I did.

I’ve got it listed like that in the screenshot I took earlier

It appears that your lock is not accepting the two codes or the codes are not set correctly. Make sure you have entries for the two user codes (none are blank). The specific lock DTH you are using needs to know what those codes are. If that doesn’t work try setting users to 0 (zero) and then recreate the two users.

I’ve tried to erase / set the users to 0 but I’m getting an error message “Unknown error has occurred”

On User “Everyone” I am also getting a warning that states WARNING: This user has been disabled. Reason: Controller has failed to set code

However, that code works in the door, I manually programmed that code before I installed this DTH / Program

I “erased” the actual Codes before I uploaded the picture but they are filled out. 4 digits.

Sorry about the confusion of device names… I forgot about the second device type.

I would suggest removing the second user, then hit done till your back to the smartapp list… reopen the LCM, change your code (temporary) then hit done again…

So there is a polling function in the DTH that is called by lock code manager. This function returns all of the known set user codes. This needs to match what the app thinks should be set. If they don’t match, lock code manager sends the missing codes again. This check occurs every 2 minutes. Since “Front Door Codes” is showing up every two minutes, this is the issue. The app and your lock are not showing matching code information. Until that happens, you will not be able to get user notifications.

Try changing user codes again temporarily as mentioned above. If that doesn’t work I’ll need live logs.

To gather live logs, start up a live logs session in IDE and try and change a code, then send me the output of your logs for the App and your lock.

Would it not be easier to just “factory reset” the lock (pull the batteries) and start over on the lock? (Or just remove this App completely and go back to the “normal” ZWave lock LOL!)

I think that is what the issue is, the “manually programmed code” is screwing up this App. Even though the manually programmed code is in the same slot in the app and the lock. I’m guessing because when I view “SLOT 1:” in the app, the CODE area is blank. That’s the manually programmed code.

Slot 2 has been programmed by the APP and that code shows up in the APP.

I’ve got to find the directions for the lock so I can “clear” USER 2 manually programmed code and then hopefully the APP will populate the code into the lock.

I think a “heads up” that you must start with a freshly installed lock with no manually programmed user codes on this O.P. probably would be a GREAT idea. LoL

This is consuming far too much time for everyone involved. Sorry.

I found that removing all the codes manually entered in my locks allowed the app to work properly and add the codes via the app.

I believe i was in the minority that did not remove my codes set in the lock before using this app. I had my lock for several months before connecting to ST, and never reset it.

This issue will be likely be solved in the new app. I’m hoping to kill this app after the new year.

2 Likes

This app broke my auto-lock when the sensor says the door has closed.
I’ll have to remind my wife to manually lock the door until I figure it out. Anyone know why this occurred?

In the meantime, what are some of the options about? For example, keypad settings?