[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

You could try to use CORE to create a trigger event to launch the desired routine.

I have a schlage connect zwave lock. I really am having issues with using the lock manager. The lock was previously on a Vera Lite system. I have codes from that system in the lock and it is programmed with those codes still. I really need to be able to remove some of the old lock codes and add in different ones. I also want to be able to be notified when certain codes are entered (ie house cleaners, handyman, etc.) Is that even possible with Lock Code manager? Everytime I have tried to add a code I get errors. I assumed I needed to add some of the door coded I still wanted in order to get notifications but it gives me an error everytime. Extremely new to ST community but wondering if I need to just go back to Vera. I really don’t want to though because I think this will be more robust as it goes along

Works great so far! Thanks… Got the YRD220-ZW-619 the other day.

Hey all. I’ve decided to take a stab at writing a DTH for ZigBee devices. Is there any additional information on the lock code capability? I was hoping to get the input and output formats as it seems the documentation is no longer available.

Posted this question here with what I could find:

Hi All,
do you have any idea how can we get Event log history,
Event log examples:
Front door was locked manually
Back door was locked by john.

1 Like

I need some help with my Lock Code Manager smartapp. I initially set it up late last year and code management ran flawlessly up until the batteries died in my Kwikset 916 deadbolt (the app failed to update battery life) earlier this month. At that time, I decided to update the code to the latest version (4.1.5) and update the device handler. Now, when I attempt to modify a user, I get the spinning wheel for about a second and then nothing happens:

I get the same spinning wheel when attempting to modify the calendar feature:

Most of the other features pull up fine but I am being stonewalled on these two essential (for my needs) features. Can anyone give me guidance as to what could be causing this? I have tried the SmartThings app on my iPhone running iOS10 and on an iPad running iOS9… same result. I wondered if the most recent SmartThings app update that required the logout may have been responsible for this issue? Please help!!

Having the same issues trying to set up the system for the first time. App installed - handler installed and pointed correctly in device, some functionality exists (e.g, auto-lock) - but cannot access users to add/change codes. I get the spinning wheel and then back to the user menu. Tried setting up for a Schlage lock and for a regular z-wave Monoprice lock.

Can anyone please help? Am I missing a quick fix here?

Thanks!

Know this is odd recommendation, but it helped me when I was trying to install my keypad. Do you have any Routines that look broken or funky? This can happen if you update the code to SmartApp or maybe delete/install one that’s still connected sometimes.

In IDE Go to “My Locations” and click on “smartapps” on the right. If you see any that say “Phrase” or something weird (Usually under “Hello Home” . You can click “Edit” and delete them.

Alex-
Thank you for posting this! I actually was able to identify this issue with Samsung support over the phone earlier this afternoon. This is what they called a “NULL Phrase” and shows up as “Phrase” in the list of Hello Home commands. Once the NULL Phrase was removed, the menus began to navigate like they used to.
Now that the menu issue is resolved, I have two more followup issues. The first is now that I have everything set up again, I am getting three separate notifications for the single event of a user code being added or removed by the scheduler. The second issue is that I’m getting an error thrown when attempting to issue hello home commands tied to the same granting/revoking code routine. Here is the log dump of that’s happening on the hub at that time:

2:58:46 PM: debug "zw device: 15, command: 9881, payload: 00 63 03 06 01 35 35 31 37 " parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:6, ‘data’:[‘code’:‘5517’], ‘descriptionText’:Kwikset 916 code 6 is set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Kwikset 916’]]
2:58:46 PM: debug code report parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:6, ‘data’:[‘code’:‘5517’], ‘descriptionText’:Kwikset 916 code 6 is set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Kwikset 916’]]
2:58:47 PM: debug "zw device: 15, command: 9881, payload: 00 63 03 06 01 35 35 31 37 " parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:6, ‘data’:[‘code’:‘5517’], ‘descriptionText’:Kwikset 916 code 6 is set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Kwikset 916’]]
2:58:47 PM: debug code report parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:6, ‘data’:[‘code’:‘5517’], ‘descriptionText’:Kwikset 916 code 6 is set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Kwikset 916’]]
2:58:46 PM: debug "zw device: 15, command: 9881, payload: 00 63 03 06 01 35 35 31 37 " parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:6, ‘data’:[‘code’:‘5517’], ‘descriptionText’:Kwikset 916 code 6 is set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Kwikset 916’]]
2:58:46 PM: debug code report parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeReport’, ‘value’:6, ‘data’:[‘code’:‘5517’], ‘descriptionText’:Kwikset 916 code 6 is set, ‘displayed’:true, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Kwikset 916’]]
2:58:46 PM: debug "zw device: 15, command: 9881, payload: 00 71 05 70 06 " parsed to [[‘name’:‘codeChanged’, ‘value’:6, ‘descriptionText’:Kwikset 916 code 6 changed, ‘isStateChange’:true, ‘displayed’:true, ‘linkText’:‘Kwikset 916’], 988100630206]
2:58:44 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1474580915874546864991.execute() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.json.JSONArray) values: [[Turn On Smart Switches, I’m Back!]]
Possible solutions: execute(java.lang.String), execute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String), execute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) @ line 797
2:58:44 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1474580915874546864991.execute() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.json.JSONArray) values: [[Turn On Smart Switches, I’m Back!]]
Possible solutions: execute(java.lang.String), execute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String), execute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) @ line 797
2:58:44 PM: debug setting code 6 to 5517
2:58:44 PM: debug code6 was , set to 5517
2:58:44 PM: debug setting code 6 to 5517
2:58:44 PM: debug code6 was , set to 5517

I’m working on creating a ZigBee DTH with the capability lock codes. It mostly works but I’ve been trying to get the inputs and outputs to line up with the smart app. I hope to be ready for testing within a week. Unfortunately though I only have a Yale to test with so I don’t know how well it will work with kwikset.

happy to help test - this is functionality i’d love to have on my kwikset zigbee 914’s - if you’re referring to lock code management and running routines from specific lock codes entered on a zigbee lock?

That’s the plan and I have that working. Having issues with the Yale lock and confirming whether a code is set successfully. Makes implementing the reloadAllCodes command troublesome. May not have the same issue with the kwikset locks. I’ll PM you with something in a few days.

1 Like

Does the Lock Code Manager app support executing a routine when a lock is manually locked? I’d like to be able to re-arm SHM when someone leaves and locks the door. This would be for people who I don’t have presence sensing for, like the house cleaner.

I am getting a lot of ‘Controller failed to set code for [User]’ messages when I add new PINs for new people. Sometimes if I hold the SmartThings hub near the keypad and lock/unlock the door with a known PIN the systems will sync and the new users/PINS will be added.

There has to be a better way to get these two pieces of hardware to ‘talk’ to one another. I have the hub placed on the other side of a drywall wall, about 7 feet from the rear of the keypad for the Kwikset 910 z-wave lock. It is rare that they sync usernames/PINs with one another without me intervening.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I’m running the 4.1.5 code and using the 4.1.5 device handler.

I’d see about replacing the z-wave module in your 910. 7ft away through some drywall shouldn’t be an issue for the Z-Wave signal to get through.

Thanks Jonathan - I’ll look into getting that replaced by Kwikset (since it’s only been installed since December 2015). I’ll let everyone know what happens.

I called Kwikset tech support and they said they’re sending me a full lock replacement. Hopefully this will fix the problems I’ve been having (again I’ll update once I’ve replaced the lock).

1 Like

I do not see ‘Zwave Lock Reporting’ as an option…there’s a ‘Zwave Lock With Codes’…any help is much appreciated

I’m getting the same issue out of nowhere and mine is about the same distance as yours. It was working great until a few days ago seems like.

So I have a working ZigBee DTH version with lock codes that I have tested with my Yale keyless lock. Is there anyone else who would like to try this DTH for compatibility before releasing this to the community? I’d like to make sure this is a little more stable.

1 Like