[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

Same repo different files.

got it. thanks for your help.

Thanks Erik
I re did the entire thing and it all worked this time, I just need to install the Smart App which I will do when I am next at home
Tony

Which device type did you use Kurt? I have the same deadbolt as you but tried both device types @ethayer suggests with User Lock Manager and it’s not working. Thanks for your help!

On my Kwikset 916, I am using the @ethayer smartthings : Z-Wave Lock Reporting device driver which I have defined as ethayer/user-lock-manager (master) repository

It is the same as the standard Z-Wave Lock but has this extra function located at the bottom as a hook to the User Lock Manager SmartThings App by @ethayer

Hi Erik,

Wondering if there is a possibility to get event type reporting capabilities in your code. Something discussed here -

1 Like

Sure, I’d just have to take a look at the event. I thought that someone implemented this in a pull request but now I can’t recall what happened to that.

Anywho, yes this is totally doable. Someone with a schlage lock would be better suited to making a pull request for me, but I’ll take a whack at it when I get the time. I only own Kwikset units… though the more I hear about the schlage the more I want them!

Great, That will be Awesome.

Just installed a Schlage BE468 and I am having this issue also- my hello home action is not firing upon code entry. Everything else is working great though!

It appears the current device type online already has that function built in but doesn’t delete out what you have on the left side of the screenshot. I’ll follow your lead here and see if that works.

Didn’t appear to work. I’m unable to use user lock manager with this Kwikset 916 to create 1-time use codes or even update existing codes.

I just attempted to update to 4.1.5 and when I try to install I get the following error
grails.validation.ValidationException: Validation Error(s) occurred during save():

• Field error in object ‘physicalgraph.device.Device’ on field ‘name’: rejected value [null]; codes [physicalgraph.device.Device.name.nullable.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.name,physicalgraph.device.Device.name.nullable.error.name,physicalgraph.device.Device.name.nullable.error.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.name.nullable.error,device.name.nullable.error.physicalgraph.device.Device.name,device.name.nullable.error.name,device.name.nullable.error.java.lang.String,device.name.nullable.error,physicalgraph.device.Device.name.nullable.physicalgraph.device.Device.name,physicalgraph.device.Device.name.nullable.name,physicalgraph.device.Device.name.nullable.java.lang.String,physicalgraph.device.Device.name.nullable,device.name.nullable.physicalgraph.device.Device.name,device.name.nullable.name,device.name.nullable.java.lang.String,device.name.nullable,nullable.physicalgraph.device.Device.name,nullable.name,nullable.java.lang.String,nullable]; arguments [name,class physicalgraph.device.Device]; default message [{0} cannot be null]

Do I need two different instances of User Lock Manager if I have two different kinds of locks? I have the Schlage BE469 and the Yale YRD220-NR-619.

I have them currently installed and selected under one instance and I enabled all notifications for troubleshooting: I am seeing the follow behavior:

1. I keep getting a message saying “userX no longer has access to the Yale lock”. (2 of my 4 users keep showing this)
  2. Lock Info is never populated.

Schlage BE469 > garyd9’s device handler
Yale YRD220-NR-619 > Z-Wave Lock Reporting Device Handler

Any ideas?

I don’t have first hand experience so I can’t say for sure, but as long as you set codes for rule that satisfy both locks, you shouldn’t need to use two installs.

Look at the disabled user codes in the app and see if they’re reporting disabled for a reason… Is there a conflict message on any of them?

Both locks support codes 4-8 digits long The YALE has a master PIN that must be changed before the lock will accept any user PINS, so make sure you’ve completed that step on the YALE manual.

The YALE lock supports 25 users while the BE469 supports up to 30.

That’s all I could come up with.

Looks like you could be trying to paste device handler code into a smart app? Or vice versa?

Make certain you’re pasting the correct source code into the right dialogs. Could be platform issue too.

It works at the device level just not in the Graph api UI. Also at the app level it sometimes reports unauthorized access when I try to access the configuration on the device

I have been using and enjoying your lock code manager for quite some time, but last night, inexplicably it notified us that new users 1 & 2 had been added?

I’ve never seen it do this before. Why would this happen?

It’s a little disconcerting for it to happen in the middle of the night. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,

Bjorn

Every once in a while I get this, it refreshes all the codes, says one code was xxxx and replaced with xxxx, always the same. If a NEW code is added like code 1 was xxxx and new code is yyyy, that’s time for concern.

Hi. I’m having trouble with the scheduler. I set times and date to allow entry but the APP isn’t blocking entry on the off times/dates. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I think i have most of the functionality working with the two different locks now. I renamed, disabled then enabled, and changed the code for each user. I think that has fixed the “userX no longer has access to the Yale lock” message occurring each time an action is performed on the lock.

thanks for a great app!