[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

I have this one:

umm…

The title isn’t descriptive, but at least it kind of answers: it’s NOT the generic “z-wave lock” type.

Wait, when did you change your avatar? :slight_smile:

Ahh, yes that was it. Thanks! Gonna test out whether the code change worked tomorrow AM!

@ben made himself tougher looking and a crew cut. Can’t blame him with some community guys looking for him with a baseball bat in US and a Cricket bat in UK. :wink:

2 Likes

@ben, @tyler

I’m wondering if it’s worth it to continue development on this at all…

Questions ahoy:

• What features of LCM are going to be part of the new native solution?
  • Will the native solution provide abilities for scheduling… burn codes?
    • have you based features off of what customers have requested here?
  • If not, will there be new ST methods for developers to hook into (lock API)?
  • Will the new integration play well with SHM? (POWERFUL!)
    • Namely… disarming and confirmation (blink a light so that the user knows mode is disarmed;or- send a text, launch some fireworks ect…)
    • Support multiple SHM zones… this would take SHM to 11. (not related, but I’ll plug this thought wherever I can)

##TLDR:

• How close will the native solution’s scope come to LCM?
  • If all the features aren’t in the native solution, have you taken into account a developer API to close gaps?

Super excited to see this feature when it’s released.

I’d love to amp up my development for SmartThings. LCM has been a blast to make. You guys hiring developers in Minneapolis?

5 Likes

Erik. Don’t stop with the work on LCM. I think SmartThings should get about 1000 other things working first. Why they want to bring out a app to do what we have already I have no idea. Good Job. Thanks

4 Likes

Erik what ever you do don’t stop this app is fantastic and ST should consider making this the standard ST app

5 Likes

@ethayer Many of your followers love your 7X24 outstanding support and frequent updates to LCM that you provide without hesitation. My concern is that once it is absorbed and locked into the ST production code birdcage, how often would you be able to release updates and help those as you do now? :frowning:

@jerzydiver’ ST needs @ethayer’s great client satisfaction numbers and outstanding LCM APP to help them from their V2 hot issues #AnyPortInAstorm

2 Likes

The beauty of community developer created apps is that if something changes w/ST on the back end the users don’t have to guess what happened. Usually the developer knows immediately and is on it communicating in the thread. We can self-help with the forum vs. putting in a ticket and waiting in line.

Also, changes / improvements to the app are full disclosure. We know when they happen and if we need to take action due to additional features (if any) or issues that the new version will solve. if you aren’t having issues than no need to update and possibly break something.

1 Like

This is the biggest problem I have with device types and apps in the Martketplace - there is no version history or notification when things are updated.

1 Like

Interesting. I do think that if I could get LCM on the marketplace, that the current path wouldn’t just go away. I’ve found that tracking changes through git and offering a release history is just as much benefit to my sanity as anyone else’s.

1 Like

@damohabir re: Schlage FE599nx

I have the same lock and have been using @ethayer 's device code until today. I can’t directly answer your question “…which should I use,” see below:

I’ve just learned this afternoon of the “Schlage Touchscreen” device type created by @garyd9. I am trying it now. So far, I have formatting issues with that one (more tiles, but they are not rendering correctly - their text is sliding down out-of-frame). It seems to have more functionality, but until I can get the text issue resolved, all I can confirm is more tiles - so it must be better, right?

Stay tuned.

@ethayer, thanks for making a great app!

I’m brand new to SmartThings (I just migrated from Nexia Home Intelligence to SmartThings v2), and I was initially so disappointed with the device support for my Schlage Camelot Touchscreen, that I thought I was going to have to keep my Nexia hub running just to service the front door lock.

Now with your app, I can do almost everything I could do with Nexia – set up permanent and temporary door codes for my family, housekeeper, and guests. You’ve made me a happy SmartThings user.

I was going to ask how to set up a schedule for just one of the codes (I only want my housekeeper’s code to work on Wednesday from 9 am to 3 pm), but after reading through all the other comments I learned that I need to set up two instances of the app, so I’ve done that and all is working well.

I have run into the red “You don’t have permission to do that operation” while trying to open “User Settings” once or twice, but I think I have a clue that might help you. It seems that I get that error if I try to open user settings just after doing a “Refresh Lock Data” request. It almost seems like while the refresh is taking place asynchronously, attempting to open user settings triggers the area. If I wait a bit (and the Lock Info status is fully populated), the permission error doesn’t occur.

This is a great app. but I need some help.

I have an issue with the usage and notifications not working. I have a Kwickset 910 lock. i’m new to the SmartThings hub so after struggling a little bit to get it all to work I started from scratch. I disconnected and reset my lock, deployed your custom device and App, I reattached my lock to the SmartHub and I was able to get your App. to correctly allow me to associate users and PINS. I have tested it out and the deployed PINS work but the usage count does not increment and the notifications do not work.

Could there be something I’m missing in the process? From the comments section I see another 910 lock user that as everything working.

Within the App. i turned on Push notifications, send an event notification, and on user entry. At the user level I have ‘mute entry notification’ off.

thanks for the great app. and any help!

I am getting the error: You are not authorized to perform the requested operation. when i try to go in to the user settings.

This has been happening since I dropped my users from 10 to 3. The live logging shows this error:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object @ line 395

How can I just reset all the codes on my lock and start over?

Edit: I think i got it working now. However, the usage isnt tracking for User3. It is working for user1 and user2. All three codes work at the lock.

Can you confirm that user 3’s slot has the code you’d expect in the lock info page? If not, just disable user 3 and enable it again in a couple minutes. That should get it going.

Off means that the little toggle switch is not GREEN right?

Not sure why you wouldn’t be getting notifications. Did you program the users via the physical lock, or did you use the app?

Sending you a pm. 20 chars

@ethayer , Great SmartApp. I just got my Kwik910. Worked perfectly with more options than I can use. Thanks for the code!!!