[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

Erik:
Are you available for paid consulting? Please let me know as I’m not having success following the various instructions in this thread. I’m only looking to easily and quickly change the codes on 5 Kwiset 910/912/914 and 4 Shlage Z-Wave Locks via the SmartThings App for my house and my vacation home. I’ve been lurking for about 18 months, but run into an issue, get distracted, the version changes or (as happened a year ago with yours) a new developed product emerges. I’m happy to pay to get someone to baby-step me through how. I’ve tried reading the thread and it’s just beyond me…

I’m on v 4.1.5 of the Lock Code Manager, have a Kwickset 910 Z-Wave lock, and the Z-Wave Lock Reporting Device Handler. I’ve setup “I’m Back” as the Global Hello Home Phrase and the User Hello Home Phrase. Also under Keypad Info I’ve set Disarm routine to be I’m Back. The I’m Back routine does not run when I enter my code to unlock the door. any idea what the issue might be? My main goal is to DISARM the security system when the door is unlocked. What is the best way to achieve this?
Thank you

I would try to use only the User hello phrase. I have 1 set up with my 910 and it has worked 100%.

for Global phrase i have had better luck with a CORE trigger instead.

That was happening to me too. Each time I went to the app, I was getting there from the Marketplace. That was my error. After the initial set up, you go to Automation… Smart apps… to get to your app.

1 Like

Hi this might have been answered before if so my apologies. Have anyone used the Yale YRD210 Zigbee here?

I use a Yale YRD240 ZigBee lock. In order to get this to work you will need to use my DTH found here.

Also I would recommend using the new Lock Manager App here.

1 Like

Perfect thank you very much for your quick response I try this soon as I receive the door lock :slight_smile:

I have a Schlage, and the connected lock is one of my favorite automations - I’m using the beta SW that @jhamstead pointed and it works perfectly for me in the background w/out any attention, and has resolved our constant forgetting and leaving the door unlocked when we were away or asleep.

I have a Schlage connect (the white light version which is the newer version of the blue light version) and I wanted to comment I was noticing the every 2 minutes polling thing and I uninstalled the app, although on reading some more here I think it was user error.

What I did exactly step by step, was install this app WITHOUT having removed any of my old codes… I had 3 (or maybe 4 I cant remember) codes programmed in manually into the lock before installing this. After installing it I wasn’t just messing around with it in smartthings on my phone and I saw it said slot 1 was already used, but tried to use it anyways (that gave a generic error) but I assume the error was that it was already in use, so I used Slot 2 and that worked fine. I Suspect what is happening in my particular case is that slot 2 REALLY IS used, the app doesn’t know it, and it’s attempting to program the code into the lock and the lock isn’t taking it so its polling every 2 minutes.

I’m not sure if it suggested before installing this app, but it really should state to delete ALL your codes before you attempt to program any to avoid this battery draining polling every 2 minutes.

I’m going to troubleshoot and test my theory when I get home but I wanted to state it here because if I can fix this polling thing then this app will probably be wonderful for managing users (its a pain in the butt having to do it at the doorknob every time).

Thanks for all the hard work either way!

Ah that’s what that is. The labels for Alert, Auto Lock, and Lock & Leave are all cut off in the app so I couldn’t tell what that was. Thanks for confirming!!

Thanks so much. That helped a ton. I did find a bug though. If you don’t push the Schlage button before entering your code and then try to use Lock and Leave without manually locking first then it won’t work. You’ll have to reset it by manually locking and unlocking your door or pushing the Schlage button and reentering your code first.

I can’t get past these steps.

In the ‘Type’ drop-down scroll to the bottom and select ‘Z-Wave Lock Reporting’ or ‘Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock’

I dont have Z-Wave Lock reporting as an option under type. I’ve gone though the steps up until this point x 2, and still I can’t get “Z-Wave lock reporting” under my types?

You must have had added that Device Type handler to your SmartThings library through the IDE.

Click “My Device Handlers”

Click “Create New Device Handler”

Click “From code”

If using a non-schlage touchscreen lock lock use this code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ethayer/lock-manager/master/devicetypes/ethayer/zwave-lock-reporting.src/zwave-lock-reporting.groovy

if using a schlage touchscreen lock use this code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/garyd9/SmartThingsPublic/master/devicetypes/garyd9/zwave-schlage-touchscreen-lock.src/zwave-schlage-touchscreen-lock.groovy

Click ‘Save’

Click ‘Publish for me’

Then go back to editing your device and select the device type handler that you made in the above steps. Custom device types will always be last in the list of device types. Scroll to the bottom and select. Then save your changes.

I have the Schlage Connect Deadbolt Touchscreen and was excited to see this app. I’ve set it up as per the instructions. It now appears in my ST app under My Apps but unfortunately the settings can’t be viewed or changed on the ST app on my iPhone. When I tap on the app, it always brings to me to the ‘Select Locks’ option. I have gone through and set up the locks and clicked all the Done links to save.

However, whenever I go back into the app, it again asks me to Select Locks and start all over. It doesn’t seem to save my settings on the device.

If I use the website and look at my Device, it shows User Lock Manager listed and if I mouseover it, the settings that I entered do appear. Unfortunately, they are not in the app on my iPhone.

I’ve set up two codes and they are actually working now when I test them on the lock but still, I can’t change them (or even see them) in the ST app on my phone. I’ve even logged out and back in several times.

Help!

Look for it under Automations > SmartApps

1 Like

Thanks @eibyer. Now I feel like an idiot. I was expecting it to show the settings when I selected it in the Marketplace.

Perhaps it shouldn’t appear there if the app is already installed…? It turns out I installed the app multiple times without realizing it.

Seems to be working great now. Thanks for creating this @ethayer

1 Like

Since you’re just starting, the version of this app recommended by the developer is below:

It says “beta” but it is completely stable/daily driver and resolves various issues in this version…

1 Like

It is useful if you want to maintain two or more locks, you can give it different names so you can distinguish which one is for which lock.

1 Like

I have downloaded the App and Device Manager but need help with the usage. Tell me if I can do this and if possible how:

Note: Used for a vacation rental

I want to assign different codes with different date ranges for the guests that book with me. It seems that when I assign a date range, it applies to all users (I want to to apply to only one user).

I have installed this app in smartthings. I installed the device handler for my Schlage lock. The app is very erratic. I set max users to 5 and then entered 5 users. Only 2 worked for the first few hours and then 2 others worked. The user in slot number 2 wont work. I tried deleting all of the codes and entering 1 at a time. I cant seem to delete any codes either. In other words the 4 of 5 originally set codes that worked still work even though i deleted them from the app.
Is there some sort of manual on this to show what each option is for?