[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

Yup. confirmed. I just did that a few minutes ago. Here is the link - http://apkfind.com/root/apk/2016/10/6/com.smartthings.android_207901.apk?id=com.smartthings.android&f=SmartThings%20Mobile_2.2.1_apk-dl.com.apk

What measures should a user take to ensure this app is secure? I don’t see any Oauth instructions. Thanks for the help.

This app does not use any third party services.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this app. It’s greatly appreciated. If you would consider it, having the notification function ability to be set to “away” “night” etc. as the resident app does would be awesome!

ethayer thank you very much. It works great on Schlage Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt w/ Built-In Alarm BE469.
The only thing I noticed is that I set to notify me when wrong user codes are used in the keypad but I don’t get any notifications when this happens. Do you know why? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Marcelo

@ethayer - Have a quick question or two. I purchased the Kwikset 916 back in June of this year (2016). I have to laugh that I searched this forum before purchasing the lock and have no idea how I missed your SmartApp… So my apologies if this has been asked before. I found the following thread which appears to be quite useful: Helpful Hints -- the Kwikset 916 Lock

My questions are:
The first step says to “Get the Updated Device Type”. If I’ve already paired my ST hub to my lock do I need to unpair my lock from the ST hub in order to “Get the Updated Device Type”?
OR
Can I simply install your lock manager if I’ve already paired it to the ST hub and NOT “Get the Updated Device Type”?

Finally will your app recognize the master code and/or user codes I programmed into the lock using it’s own programming functionality?

Your SmartApp sounds just like what I need. I just changed the batteries in the lock and to my dismay found I had to re-program in my user codes (master code remained intact). I’d like to not have to do that again or at least to have a means to do it that can be done from my ST app.

You will need to install the new device type handler (DTH) and the smart app. After installing the DTH you can go to the devices section and click edit to modify the handler from the default to the custom installed one. No need to exclude and rejoin the lock.

If the codes are forgotten (switching batteries), the codes are stored in the app but you may need to have the app force update to readd the codes. Also I do not think the master code is modifiable/readable but I’m not certain with kwikset locks.

Thanks for the response… I did some playing and installed the SmartApp while I was waiting for a response. Though it “looks” like I could use the app without the DTH, I got the distinct impression, I would be sorry if I tried that… lol…

So good to know I can add the DTH without having to re-pair the lock… One last question. Just want to be clear. Once I add the DTH, amd install/configure the SmartApp, will the app poll the lock and get the user codes already programmed in (we only have 2)? Or do I have to clear the existing lock codes and reprogram them in via the app??

I believe the included DTH cannot retrieve codes. It will only know of codes that are added by the app. The smart app will program a user code slot (and overwrite that slot if one exists). All existing slots will continue to work, but are not programmable through the smart app unless you add those codes to the app itself.

The importance of the DTH (why it is needed) is that the functionality of programming codes is not available with the default handler. You would need to do that manually without it.

I think I got it… So once I add the DTH, install/configure the app I will add my code to Slot 1, and the app will overwrite whatever code that’s already in that slot (presumably the one I programmed in directly using the lock’s programming function)

Is this correct?

Finally once I do all of this, when I change the batteries in the future, with the app in place, it will have retain my user lock codes correct?

[quote=“DivaVocals, post:1276, topic:12280”]
Is this correct?
[/quote] Yes.

Yes. That is correct as well but you will likely need to exclude and rejoin your lock to re-establish the codes.

Okay… So, not sure what is the right link to get the DTH. The readme points here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ethayer/user-lock-manager/master/zwave-lock.groovy

I did a quick Google search and found this one: https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-lock.src/zwave-lock.groovy

What is the correct link??

Also what is this: zwave-lock-reporting.groovy is it something that is used with user-lock-manager.groovy?

Edited to add: Disregard the above musings… I compared zwave-lock-reporting.groovy to zwave-lock.groovy using Beyond Compare… I see the differences… (the readme was a little confusing… so apologies for the seemingly silly question)

I added the zwave-lock-reporting.groovy device handler, configured the Lock Code Manager SmartApp. Tested with both my existing user code, and I even added a new user code… (one I was too lazy to use the lock’s programming to add – just didn’t feel like opening the lock :grinning:)

All is A-Okay!!! :grinning: This ish ROCKS!!!

@jhamstead - Thanks for your help and patience

Sorry I am a little lost. Where exactly do I start? Where do I find the app?

I cannot for the life of me make this thing work with my iphone and my kwikset 910 I published the smart app and the device handler, then changed the lock type to Z wave lock reporting. I used the app on my iphone to set up user and code, I enable it, and when I leave the app I get a message that says " User lock manager 4.1.5 is installed an automating.

I wait a while for the app to talk to the phone Then I get nothing. The code doesn’t work on the keypad, and when I go back to the app on my phone, it doesn’t show that I have ever created any codes.

When I look at my events for the lock, I can see that user codes were created, and that " front door lock code is set" But the actual code still doesn’t work

Any ideas?

Is this smartapp repeatedly polling locks that is has in its list? Im trying to figure out why my keypad is reporting its temperature every 5 min

The default device type polls every 6 minutes AFAIK.

Ah so I have to go lookin at the DTH then. Great app by the way!

I’ve been a lurker here for a while. I just tried to install a Kwickset 916 and add this but I seem to be in a similar boat as @sean_burke above. I never set any codes on the device at installation because I figured I would set this with this SmartApp. I have changed the DeviceHandler and the SmartApp to what is in the GitHub Repo for this project. I can send the device Lock and Unlock commands from ST which is obeys, and it goes to the -ing state on the outside tile, but not the status once clicked on the device itself. I can only get it to report any changes in Lock/Unlock if I press the Refresh Button inside the device. And, no codes have been sent to the device, apparent as it will not even allow me to lock the door from the keypad, yet alone unlock. I know my lock is not on the list of tested units, but I was hopeful it would be supported, as this has all of the features that I was looking for except for the ability to lock the door automatically as long as the door is closed either automatically or at a Mode Change. Please advise if there is some step I may have missed or data I can provide to help troubleshoot this.

hello - please help me make this code work. i have done all steps up to this one:
Scroll down to ‘My Apps’ / Tap
in my android smarththings app there is no choice “my apps” - please advise how to get this setup so i can assign
codes to my door lock. thanks!
bradwww@gmail.com

Are you logged into the correct IDE? I had the same issue and discovered that my problem was poor load balancing practices by the smartthings web development team. (Still not fixed).

The below thread set me on the right path: