[OBSOLETE][[DEPRECIATED] Jasco/GE Motion Dimmer Switch 26933

Can the resetcycle values be adjusted in the dth? For example, the options of 45 seconds or 27 minutes don’t capture what I’m attempting to do. I’d like there to be a 5 minute reset or delay from when the switch turns off to when it would turn back on again from motion. Thanks for the great work here on the device handler.

No the reset cycle is based on the options defined by ge/jasco. However, you could do what you want with webCoRE/core.

Light changes to off
-set switchmode to manual
-wait 5 mins
-set switchmode to occupancy

Thank you for the quick reply. That is actually the exact 3 steps I did in
webcore however what happens is it turns into a loop and continues to turn
itself off put itself to manual and then put itself back and it does the
same thing over and over again.

I just tested this and it seems to work. Did you do “changes to off”?

I failed to mention originally that I only want this performed after a physical touch of the down button to turn the switch off. For example, I do not want this action performed after the switch turns off because of a motion inactivity delay. To get around this (I think), I just tested the following:webcore

That looks like it should work. Let me know. I may steal this for my setup.

Is anyone having issues changing modes with this switch? It seems that it will constantly revert to the hardware set mode. Changing modes via the DTH or webcore doesn’t persist.

I have one in a high-traffic area that consistently reverts to Occupancy.

I put this dimmer switch in my master bathroom and your device handler is way better than the default one.

I’d like to be able to have it turn on very dim at night automatically. Basically between 11pm and 6am I’d like the switch to always turn on to the lowest dim setting (or a specified value) every time it turns on after being off for more than 1 minute (to account for someone sitting on the toilet not moving for a bit and having to wave their hand to get the light back on).

Then during the day always turn on at 100%.

Any way I can configure this myself or would it need to be integrated into the handler?

@ToxMox You can do this using webCoRE. There is the option to set the default dim level.

@MEarly do you have any device logs or screenshots when it reverts? That would be very strange behavior as there is nothing to call back to the switch unless a smartapp is toggling the mode.

@mlebaugh Thanks so much!

I found my problem. It was an artifact of a deprecated CoRE Piston that was still running and toggled Vacancy/Occupancy mode under certain conditions.

@mlebaugh Do you know if this switch has a double tap feature? I have the non-motion version of the switch with a device handler that initiates a button push when the switch is double tapped (double up is button 1, double down is button 2). Curious if this one even has that option in the firmware. I don’t know how to program device handlers, but if the device will support it, I may try pulling the code from my other non-motion switch and adding it to this device handler.

It should be capable of double tap. Unfortunately I never got it to work. (I’ll be honest it wasn’t something I really put much effort into.) At this time, I’m not thinking I’ll have any time to revisit it. However, if someone gets it working or gets close, I’ll be happy to merge the code and help out.

Anyone know of any light bulbs that don’t buzz with this switch? any bulb I’ve tried that claims to be dimmable with no buzzing seems to buzz

I’ve never yet found a dimmable bulb that doesn’t buzz when dimmed :expressionless:

1 Like

Is there a way to set a schedule to disable the motion sensor, or enable/disable to the motion sensor when you set a certain routine?

1 Like

If you have a Meijer in your area…I have some Meijer brand led’s that were really cheap…and they don’t buzz at all for me.

Yes I would like to use the switches as motion detectors when I’m away.

@jayhos yes this is possible, using webCoRE.

1 Like

Can you point me to a walkthrough on how to do that? I added webcore and that is as far as I got. Thanks.