[OBSOLETE][[DEPRECIATED] Jasco/GE Motion Dimmer Switch 26933

That was it, I was on a prior version. Thank you so much. Nifty dth mlebaugh, nice work!

1 Like

Thanks. How about turning it on/off via webcore?

I could add a function for toggling that via webCoRE.

That would be awesome if you donā€™t mind. Iā€™m trying to be able to remove my other motion sensor in the room that has a light sensor.

If they added the additional functionality to expose the light sensor to zwave I would replace most of my switches with these. So far mine has been working fantastic! And you canā€™t beat the speed of the motion sensor for turning on the light.

Just so Iā€™m clear, what Iā€™ll be adding is a function that will enable/disable the light sensing ability of the dimmer.

Yes, like flipping the ā€œLight Sensingā€ config item from Enabled to Disabled

Ok I just pushed an update. Two more commands are available LightSenseOn and LightSenseOff.

1 Like

Thank you! And thank you for adding it to the non dimmer version too!

Any idea if itā€™s possible to allow the mode setting to be set using voice control via Google Assistant? Iā€™d love to say ā€œhey Google, set the entry light to manual modeā€

Awesome work on this. Wish smartthings staff was as good as you.

1 Like

You could do this but it would require a ā€œvirtualā€ switch set that up with webcore so that when the virtual switch is turned on set the dimmer to manual.

Is there a way to control occupancy without using webcore? I am a basic user and I want to turn off the motion sensor at night.

I am having this problem as well. Am using webCoRE to pull multiple motion sensors from different switches to control a 6 way light. It works sometimes, but was sporadic. Kept thinking my logic in webCoRE was screwed up until I realized the switch was not updating its status correctly causing my piston to behave irregular. Any thoughts on a work around to refresh the status like polling the device state from a piston to update status? Iā€™m new to ST so I maybe missing something obvious.

@Tyborg There is a reset cycle in the preferences (gear icon) this determines how long motion is ā€œactiveā€. If set to 10 seconds for example it will remain active for 10 seconds after motion stops.

1 Like

@Lance_Poole At this time, not reallyā€¦ Smartthingā€™s platform wasnā€™t really designed with this type of decide in mind, webCoRE gets around this with the exposed functions. It would be possible for someone to create a smartapp to do this, but you might as well just use webCoRE since it is more flexible.

@mlebaugh first of all thanks for getting the DTH setup and sharing it with the community and such a quick response today. Having published a small C# tool in a different community I remember it being hard to motivate myself to respond and support use cases other than my own. Just switched the reset cycle to 10secs and Iā€™ll see how that works. My biggest problem is the light reporting itself on when itā€™s actually off. It wonā€™t turn on using the piston when it thinks itā€™s already on. Iā€™m going to try using set level on the piston instead of turn on. Turn on gives me a smoother ramp rate than when I use set level or fade to, but function trumps aesthetics here.

1 Like

@Tyborg, yeah that is another issue then. It has to do with the rate at which the dimmer will poll after it turns off. If it polls as soon as it starts turning off it would catch it at 90% or so. This is likely what you are seeing.

I use a rapid rate to turn off the light so for me a quick poll following an off command works. Iā€™m guessing you have a longer rate to turn off causing this issue.

I need to think about a way to balance these - can you tell me what you are using for your dimming settings when you turn off the light? I can test some options.

Edit: Iā€™m mobile today probably canā€™t get to it for a while anyway, but since you have some coding skillsā€¦ if you can bump the delay from 500 to 5000 on this line of code in the dth I think it might solve your issue, if so I can try to get a solution that works for everyone.

def off() {
delayBetween ([zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0x00).format(), zwave.switchMultilevelV3.switchMultilevelGet().format()], 500)
}

@mlebaugh you are spot on, I did notice it showing levels in the 80%s usually when it reports the light on and it is actually off. I changed the delay on the DTH as you suggested and will do some testing today and report back. Thanks again for your help. Thrilled to feel like Iā€™m making progress after messing with my piston logic for the last couple of days to no avail.

1 Like

@mlebaugh I think you got it. Been walking in and out of that hallway constantly and itā€™s working perfectly. @James_Watts you might want to do the same change suggested above and see if that helps your scenario to test it more thoroughly. Iā€™ll report back later today after using it more.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great! Kinda feel silly not seeing that before, but understanding the issue is half the battle sometimes.

1 Like

I installed webCoRE and Iā€™m trying to figure how how to isolate the
occupany sensor. Do you have any suggestions or instructions?