[OBSOLETE][[DEPRECIATED] Jasco/GE Motion Dimmer Switch 26933

@tkdrob it was in fact parameter 5, previous generations of GE switches/dimmers it was parameter 4. I updated the DTH in github with this change. However, even setting parameter 5 doesn’t seem to invert the switch. I’m not sure what is going on here, when I have time I’ll have to reach out to GE/Jasco.

In case someone needs the parameter docs they are listed below.
http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2108/configs

I have the this dth installed (I only own 1 GE-26933 switch) as well as the GE/Jasco Zwave Plus Dimmer Switch dth from Nuttytree for my (3) GE 14295 toggle switches. The double tap on the GE 14295 on Group 3 turns on the GE 26933 light on but not the otherway around. Double tapping group 3 on the 26933 does nothing. Should I be using the dth for the GE 26931? I also don’t get instant feedback on the light is turned ON/OFF that is being doubled tapped, I have to press the refresh button on the light to get the ON/OFF status. This is true for this dth and the GE/Jasco Zwave Plus Dimmer Switch dth from Nuttytree. Thanks for reading and any help.

I was never able to get double tap on the dimmer to work. I think this is due to the fact that with the dimmer the first tap is to turn on the light and second adjusts the dim level. The dimmer is just designed for a different use than the switch which is just on/off.

That’s not to say that it won’t work, I just didn’t invest much time in getting it to work. (I did spend an afternoon or so messing with it).

Thanks for the update. I have the GE/Jasco 23931 dth installed on (3) GE 14295 ZWave Plus toggle dimmers, the doubletap works but the light I’m doubletapping on doesn’t show if the light is ON or Off in the smh app on my phone, I have to press the Refresh button to get this status.

I’m not entirely sure I understand what you are doing, but if you are using the switch DTH handler on the dimmer it’s not going to update the same way… due to the fact they are not the same type of devices…

I’m sorry I’m getting these dth mixed up, it not the 26931 dth, it’s the GE/Jasco Dimmer Switch dth by Nuttytree I was thinking about.

Hey mlebaugh, I’m having trouble controlling this via webCoRE. The 26933 is in the bathroom, and I’ve added a motion sensor in the shower to try and keep the light on while someone’s showering. I changed the mode to manual, and then using webCoRE did a normal “If any of ___ motion sensors are active, turn on the light”, then “if all are inactive, turn off after 5minutes”. Can’t get it to work properly. The shower motion sensor succeeds in turning on the light by itself, but then the built-in motion sensor doesn’t work. If I change it back to Occupancy, the switch ignores further instructions from webCoRE. Is this configuration possible?

Does the motion sensor report motion ever? It should report motion regardless of the mode.

What I do is set all my switches in this scenario with occupancy with a 30minute timeout. Then I use webCoRE to shut them off after 5 minutes. I do this so that the device instantly turns on the switch (no cloud delay) and then I can adjust the time off period in webcore. This way I can also have separate time-off values through the day.

1 Like

The 26933 switch does not report motion ever.

By “report” I mean showing up in the recent activity, or changing the gui from “no motion”.

Your 30-minute method works perfectly though. Now I don’t have to keep waving my arm out of the shower every 5 minutes. :slight_smile:

Did you happen to add this device prior to installing the dth?

I would unpair the device, make sure you have the latest version (in the first post) and re-add the device. It should always report motion on the device tile and in the recently.

Did this twice:

Installed latest ver of DTH
Excluded the device
Re-paired the device, which showed as Z-Wave Multichannel Device
Changed device type to GE Motion Dimmer Switch

Same behavior. No reporting of motion in tile or recently. Slow response, tiles not reflective of physical state.

it should not be pairing as a multichannel device…

does your device handler have this on line 41?

fingerprint mfr:"0063", prod:"494D", model: "3034", deviceJoinName: "GE Z-Wave Plus Motion Wall Dimmer"

Yes I do…

Let me try again…

here try this, remove the device. then pair it, while it is on the pairing screen, if it still pairs as multichannel don’t move past the pairing screen. Go to the ide and change the new device there to the dimmer DTH. then save on the pairing screen.

I’m not sure this will work, I’ve done it once before with another type of device.

No dice. First time it paired as multichannel again. So I excluded it again and then re-paired, but before I saved it I switched it over in the IDE. Then hit save in the app. Same behavior…

curious, when did you purchase this? I may have to add a new fingerprint if they made a new revision.

on the device in the IDE, can you get me the raw descrip

Raw Description zw:L type:1101 mfr:0063 prod:494D model:3034 ver:5.27 zwv:4.34 lib:03 cc:5E,72,5A,73,26,27,2B,2C,70,86,71,60,8E,85,59,7A,56 role:05 ff:8600 ui:8600 ep:[‘1101 5E,59,26’, ‘0701 5E,59,71’]

Purchased March 5th. I was super early bird on this one. I recall some of the Jasco Z+ devices were inexplicably pulled from the shelves for a while right at the beginning… Can’t recall if it was the paddle dimmers or these…

Raw description: zw:L type:1101 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:0.00 zwv:0.00 lib:00 cc:5E,72,5A,73,26,27,2B,2C,70,86,71,60,8E,85,59,7A,56

Ok, same batch as mine. Strange that you don’t have any manufacturing data in that raw description…

Can you go into the settings and change any setting there and hit done. There is a subset of commands that are run when the preferences are updated. Hopefully that will correctly associate them.

Also watch the live logging when you do this. Hopefully the logs will give us some indication of what is happening.

If this doesn’t work I’ll have to look more into it tomorrow