[DEPRECATED] webCoRE Beta Milestone 2

Another thing i suddenly have (has been working fine for weeks) is this error message:
21:41:13: error ║ comparing 1498852260000 < 1498851675661 < 1498879260000

Which is caused by this part in the piston:

I changed it into:

Still the same error.

When i removed this condition, all worked fine (no error)

That’s not an error - it’s a debug message I forgot in place - I use error because it sticks out (red) - just ignore it, it’s NOT an error.

1 Like

Thanks ady!
But then back to the other issue: the time seems to be off, because the piston doesn’t work because of this line. And other lights came on 2 hours early.

Update to latest, pause and resume the piston - made a boo boo yesterday where time was (again) offset by the timezone offset… :frowning:

Thanks ady!

Cheers!

I see yesterday that there was an issue with pistons with timers and the latest release sorted the issue.
I downloaded the update.
I didn’t seem to get affected but this morning my piston that sets the mode from night to day that runs at 7:30, ran at 6:30.
The logs show it as running at 6:30.
Also in the logs it shows a scheduled task to run at 22:30 BST which will be my change from day to night routine which is the correct time.
Just wondering if there is still an issue or if this is just a hangover from yestsrday and it needed to go through a full cycle of the piston.
BTW it also ran an hour early yesterday for both time slots.

You either need to pause and resume anything time related or just let it run and the next scheduled time will work it self out correctly

I thought that was probably the case as this particular piston now looks to be running ok.
Just wanted confirmation as I’m going away and wanted to make sure things were straight before I left.
Cheers.

1 Like

@ady624,
Are you going to implement the Move function soon, or is Duplicate Piston going to be the method of moving pistons around?

I keep getting the welcome to webcore screen and have to register device again. Something is unregistering me, anyone else have this? Happened several times past few days.

@ady624

My logs are full of this error.

Error calling comparison comp_was: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'id' on null object

Just wanted to give a thanks to @ady624 and everyone who has worked on webCoRE.

I have just completed my conversion from CoRE to webCoRE and I could not be happier. If anyone is stalling I recommend you make the leap. There is a small learning curve but the flexibility that webCoRE affords is amazing. It’s an incredibly well designed product.

8 Likes

What browser are you using? I have been having this problem with a Chromebook, and my Google Pixel lately. I think Google has implemented a new security provision that doesn’t work with webcore.

Chrome…

There used to be an issue about ST logging you out if you use the same browser to open the IDE. I thought that was fixed but it looks like it has come back. I have to use IE to do any IDE stuff.

I don’t think that’s the problem here. I have tried logging out of IDE and doesn’t seem to help.

Yeah, I think there’s a problem with the latest version of Chrome, at least on my Android tablet. As soon as I updated Chrome, I started losing registration for the webCoRE dashboard. I had to switch over to Firefox. So far, Chrome under Windoze10 is working fine.

Not sure if this would be the right place to post this inquiry but…(maybe the right place is here for Google Helper?)…I wanted to avoid double posting.

Anyway, I would like to setup an automation where after my “good morning” routine (which switches my modes to Day Home) has been changed after someone walks in front of the stairway motion sensor.

I would like to create a piston where the same motion sensor triggers my Google Home to announce today’s weather conditions, and (if possible) providing information on traffic updates (not sure if this is feasible yet either). Anyway, a simple weather update would suffice.

How would one approach in designing the code to get this working?

thanks in advance.

As far as I know right now it is not possible to use Google Home as a ST’s speaker, or even trigger stuff on it on demand.
You might think it would be possible with IFTTT, but unfortunately Google Home support IFTTT only as the IF part, not the THAT part…

I am hoping the is the right place to post this.
It seems my Web CoRe has stoped working correctly in creating a piston. It started messing up after the latest update.
Basically, after I create a blank piston I am unable to add a new statement. The text will highlight but it won’t advance to the next step.

I have tried cleaning up and rebuilding date cache but no change.

Is there a fix for this? Or do I need to uninstall everything and start all over?