[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

When I attempt to set a condition using dates on Firefox or Safari on Mac, I am only provided the current date and unable to adjust

. It does work with Chrome on Mac and Safari on my iPad.

What works for me is to select one number at a time and replace it with the one you want - not very efficient but at least it worksā€¦ :confused:

I just updated to the latest version of webCoRE. Looks like the ā€œset levelā€ command for light bulbs isnā€™t working any longer longer? A piston which work well, stopped working and now Iā€™m playing a little bit around but a very simple piston to switch on a light to 20% (set level) isnā€™t working any more.

Switches seem to be fine, but light bulbs not. @ady624, could you please check if there is something wrong?

Thanks

Adrian added command optimizations to the webCoRE code today. This means that if the light level is already set toā€¦sayā€¦50%, and you specify an action of Set Level to 50% in a piston, that command will not be sent because the light is already at that level. Optimization is a good thing in that it reduces the amount of traffic on your mesh network by not sending redundant commands.

If your light is already set to 20%, but is turned off, a Set Level to 20% command will do nothing, because thatā€™s the level the dimmer is already set to. Dimmer level and switch state are two separate things. You either need add a separate Turn On action, or disable command optimizations in the piston settings.

@destructure00 what he said is correct. But Adrian is going to implement a workaround for the setLevel command. Just hold tight

2 Likes

What is the benefit of having multiple instances of Webcore? I know why for core (to increase speed). Is the same true for Webcore?

WebCoRe is more optimised than CoRE but I would still recommend splitting just to make it organised if you have many pistons - I split into Lights Automation (13), Lights Manual (7), Cinema Room (3) & Other (9).

Personal preference at this point I believe. With some recent changes there shouldnā€™t be any performance drawback to a single instance. Iā€™m at 110-ish devices and 85 pistons in a single instance with no issues. Others like multiple instances. I tried multiple but hated having to maintain all of the instances across multiple browsers, having to authorize 7 instances every time I was on a new computer/browser was a PITA so once Adrian implemented the storage fix I merged everything back together.

1 Like

I have 92 pistons in one instance that are non-critical but control my house Day to day. I have another instance the is for security pistons and another for development and testing.

1 Like

I have a sandbox instance and then my main one

The option to move pistons would help organize faster than playing the dance with the backup code and new instance.

In time it will be there

You can also duplicate pistons between instances (and locations) ā€¦

1 Like

I did as you suggested with making the wait 10 secs and flipping it with the refresh. Iā€™ll let ya know after sunset if I still have issuesā€¦ I use cellular, tether to a router so my internet is rocky at times which was the reason for the loop to begin withā€¦

1 Like

Had the same issue as the night before with levels at random amounts. For now I will just turn off the optimization on those pistonsā€¦

Have you updated to the latest version?

@ady624 trying to figure out if I can have a variable type of Device, assign it a list of devices, then pass the list as Args. My goal would then be, in a receiving piston, to perform a For Each and go over the passed device list.

As long as both pistons are in the same instance or both have access to those same devices, it should work. First run may be slower, as the receiving piston has to discover devicesā€¦

Currently in the receiving piston, I am seeing what looks like the Device ID and not the Device name. When I attempt to assign the arg list to a device variable, I am getting the message ā€œdevice [:123xy:] was not foundā€ Any thoughts? Thanks for your help, and thanks for webCoRe!!!

With the latest update the set level is working well for me.
Thanks @ady624

1 Like