[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

Thanks @sullust I’ll take a look.

I’m trying to use variables, and I’ve been able to define a local variable,
but I cannot get an action to come up to allow me to set it.

I have logged out, reloaded with no success.

I select a line with + add a new statement
it always offers me location of devices, but nothing for variable or expression…

What am I missing?

When there’s no device involved, the default is location, select Add task and you should be able to set variables, push notices, etc.

1 Like

Just set the switch to a piston that turns off the master at bed time and on during the day for Auto. This is what I have been trying to do for a month, thank you I really appreciate.

2 Likes

That’s why we have ‘turn automation on//off’ in EchoSistant Profile as stand alone group. :smile:

1 Like

thanks

That seems to work however it is now in a do statement.

I guess variables are not really fully integrated as their own actions

did you see ady624’s post about this?

Quote:

The HTTP request automatically determines if the request needs to be performed by the cloud or by the hub. Hub will handle all local requests (all standard local IP classes 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x through 172.31.x.x, 192.168.x.x) - the problem with his request is that user:pass@ interferes with the detection of a local IP - that should be fixed now, but not sure if the Hub can handle user:pass@ip requests. I guess it’s up to @Nashional to test.

hello, another issue I realized, had a problem with a HTTP post Error executing external web request: java.lang.SecurityException: Endpoint XXX (https url on Stringify) is blacklisted - research tells me that it could just be a timeout - is there a way to trap such an error and act accordingly? thank you

There is a system variable called $httpCode or something. or $httpResult… It should be 200 on success, 4xx/5xx on errors

talked to Stringify and they aren’t blocking it and the call works from my desktop, it hasn’t been triggered that often (maybe 10 times today) is there some way webcore would call it that could cause rate limiting somewhere? thanks

please update to the latest code - even if you did today, please do it again, then try again.

that did the trick, first time I have seen just the “webCoRE Piston” being out of date (and no notification on the dashboard) - thanks!

Hello everyone!

I am working on migrating all of my CoRE pistons over to webCoRE and I am having trouble with one of them.

I have a piston that I use to turn on lights after motion is detected during the night. I want each of the lights to come on in a specific order and then wait for X number of minutes before turning off (or in the case of dimmers, set to a specified level, then turn off).

The problem I am running into is that when the event triggers (and that part works), only the first light comes on…and that’s it.

It doesn’t wait the 20 minutes and then set the level and turn off…it just stays on. It also doesn’t trigger any of the other lights.

I thought this would be pretty simple to do, but I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong here.

Here is what I have:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Change all your ‘Do’s’ to Async.
Click on each one in turn, click on the settings cog, scroll down and you will see the setting.
The way you have it at the moment, they will run in turn.
With async they will all run at the same time.

EDIT: You will also see the left hand line change from blue to purple and you will see the async wording.

This piston is a modified version of a washing machine piston by @tonesto7.

I need help zeroing the variables at the end of the day, week, month and year.

Can someone please walk me through this? Thanks…

Thank you for the suggestion I couldn’t change the ‘Do’s’ but I was able to change the ‘with’ to ‘async with’.

Hopefully that is what you were referring to.

Will this also fix the issue of the light not turning off after the wait of 20 minutes?

@eric182 I use a second piston for this

1 Like

Picked the wrong action.
As long as you got there that’s the main thing.

I think you may need to change the ‘changes to’ to ‘is active’.
The reason being is that you have mixed triggers with actions.
EDIT: I think!!! Not sure though.

Thank you so much! I initially created the piston using local variables. Now I know why they are global.!

1 Like

@sullust thank you both.
It did not get any easy readable value from scene# but used a if within the “on event”
It works fine.
If i trigger another scene it will change the value before the piston evaluates it, so does not conflict.
Than you both.