[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

The one difference in how CoRE is different from webCoRE is that in CoRE, actions were async (happening simultaneously) which caused a lot of confusion with users. webCoRE can handle both sync and async and defaults to executing them sync (each action waits for the previous to finish before starting) - your initial fan off will wait for the two minute wait above it, unless you set it to async in the options (see the cog button)

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. Would the temp adjustments work as indicated? I want the tstat to be off if the garage door is open but resume the adjustments when its closed.

if temp is 40 and the door opens, it shuts off, but when the door closes, it won’t do a thing anymore, because it’s 40 degrees. There’s that 37-43 range where it won’t “resume” anything.

1 Like

Perfect… I guess I explained it incorrectly. That’s what I want it to do.

When checking to see if a device is offline, what is the difference between $status and DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus? Checking for $status of ‘OFFLINE’ seems to work. Using DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus did not. As a side note, the pre-populated value in the webCoRE IDE to check for with DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus was “offline” and “online”. Not sure if those are supposed to be in all caps and if that was the issue with DeviceWatch (in which case the IDE should be updated to use all caps) or if there is some other difference I don’t understand.

Here’s the piston I’m using currently to monitor devices for going offline and it seems to work with $status (but didn’t with DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus):

I don’t know what that is - is it an attribute exposed by a DTH? $status is a pseudo-attribute exposed directly by webCoRE without it actually existing in the DTH.

There is where I saw the attribute. Does this help?

That is a custom attribute exposed by the DTH. I do not know what it does or what values it could take. If the value field below turns into a selection list, then the attribute describes the values it can take, if not, you need to check with the author of the DTH.

denotes a custom (in-house) attribute. $ denotes system.

⌂ $status is a custom system attribute - it’s injected by webCoRE, it does not really exist in the DTH (the reason for the $ sign is to avoid overlapping any custom attributes called status)

1 Like

First, I want to congratulate everyone who was involved in developing WebCore, absolutely amazing, THANK YOU! My question is: Wait for Piston State Change seems to be gone? Am I missing something? I know there is the new capability with Piston State strings but I’m not using that in the Piston Im building. I also realize I can achieve what i need with other logic, but the wait capability was pretty elegant.

1 Like

Oops :wink: it probably got left behind?!

1 Like

Good because I was convinced I was missing something since no one else has mentioned it! :relieved: Well I hope you get a chance to add it back.:slightly_smiling_face:

But you’ve done a remarkable job sir, I was beginning to become discouraged with ST. Though its been pretty solid compared to the complaints I hear, the capabilities were starting to seem a bit limited.

And while CoRE makes the system usable, I have no one in my household who would be able to work with if anything happened to me. That should be a concern we all have re ST. WebCore gets me closer to a system I feel very good about, and there are one or two family members who will be able to grasp it besides me.

WebCore is shear genius, the thought and effort you put into it is beyond belief. Samsung owes you a lot.

5 Likes

Hi James

That makes total sense. Unfortunately no real patterns. I live in a flatshare with two more people and we have have different (and changing) patterns. Really the only similarity is that we all work and usually dont stay up past midnight during the week :slight_smile:

Here you go @eric182, sorry for the delay was on holiday.
Just change the SPEAKER_IP to your speaker IP.

Change Speaker Connections

"Speaker To Bluetooth"
http://SPEAKER_IP:55001/UIC?cmd=%%3Cname%%3ESetFunc%%3C/name%%3E%%3Cp%%20type=%%22str%%22%%20name=%%22function%%22%%20val=%%22bt%%22/%%3E

"tvsoundconnect"
http://SPEAKER_IP:55001/UIC?cmd=%%3Cname%%3ESetFunc%%3C/name%%3E%%3Cp%%20type=%%22str%%22%%20name=%%22function%%22%%20val=%%22soundshare%%22/%%3E

“aux” (If supported or if you have the WAM270 for example)
http://SPEAKER_IP:55001/UIC?cmd=%%3Cname%%3ESetFunc%%3C/name%%3E%%3Cp%%20type=%%22str%%22%%20name=%%22function%%22%%20val=%%22aux%%22/%%3E

"Speaker To WiFi"
http://SPEAKER_IP:55001/UIC?cmd=%%3Cname%%3ESetFunc%%3C/name%%3E%%3Cp%%20type=%%22str%%22%%20name=%%22function%%22%%20val=%%22wifi%%22/%%3E

Hi all, I’m trying to create a piston that will do various things including arm SHM once everyone has left. I currently have 3 presence sensors and in CoRE had a piston that said

IF persons, 2, and 3 are not present
DO...

I understand that is a condition and not a trigger but it worked fine in CoRE, I switched to webcore this weekend and it doesn’t work. Any idea how to get this to trigger once everyone is gone? Thank you for your help!

Here’s one way

Make sure that it is subscribed to the presence sensors. You will know by the lightning bolt in the left next to the line with the If statement on. Check the example above to see what I mean.

If you have a piston with a mix of triggers and conditions. The triggers will be the only things that are subscribed to fire the piston, so you would need to check all of your statements and see if there are any conditions that you also want to fire the piston with. If there are then select the statement which is a condition that you want to fire the piston and click on the cog then at the bottom select always subscribe instead of auto for that statement.

try checking out the all new webcore forum.

1 Like

Neat! So subscribing to the event basically makes the piston say, “once true DO…”?

Does this mean I can use it for other pistons I’m trying to put together that requires multiple devices to change states to trigger an action? Such as a night light turning on once all the lights have been turned off and there’s still motion? Like this…

IF lights whatever/whatever are off (subscribe) AND motion wherever is active
THEN turn on designated night light

Would this make the light turn on ANYTIME there is motion or only if there is motion at the moment the condition became true?

Thank you for your quick reply!

Any events subscribed to will cause a fresh evaluation of the entire piston from top to bottom so therefore any if sequence which is fully true will fire any actions related to it as long as no restrictions are in force & async is set for each if statement.

Hope this makes sense.