[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

The timer is a pretty special element that doesn’t really stop, I can look into having it stop. But what you want is really a while.

Go to Options on top right of editor and enable advanced statements.

Then use somethibg like this:

while
   Time is between x and y
do
   with
      device
   do
      Turn on;
      Send notification;
   Wait 1 minute;
   end with;
end while;
with
   device
do
   Turn off;
   Send notification;
end with;
1 Like

Just trying to copy a really simple piston from CoRE to webCoRE and wondering if this is correct. I could not find how to choose the specific hours as was done in CoRE so I went with a restriction in webCoRE and used the in between time. I also had to add a 2 second wait because the time would say 4:59 PM instead of 5:00 PM

Would this work?

Thanks for the information - working perfectly now.

Thanks @Jonpho. I had every 1 “hours” which didn’t show “Only during these hours…” Now I see those options change based choosing seconds, minutes, hours, etc

I’m trying to construct a piston with a while loop with a timer in it but it won’t save. I just get the spinning square in the lower right corner forever. Is this a bug or not allowed for some reason? The idea is that the action that I’m going to put in the timer should run every minute during the hours of the while loop. I chose this structure because the “only during hours” construct was not quite precise enough for my needs.

I didn’t fully construct the piston here. I didn’t want to wast my effort if I couldn’t save it so what you see below is a (slightly redacted) screen shot showing the spinning state.

Could it be that the timer doesn’t work as expected? I have been smoking my brain to get this working, but the conditions are ignored and the timer runs regardless:

The switch is on and the illuminance is less than 20lux, but the piston is turning the lights off.

That’s interesting. The reason I’m trying the “while” syntax is because I saw similar behavior to you using a timer wrapped in an “only when” conditional restriction.

That is, my timer event still fired even when the “only when” restriction was false. It sounds like a while loop wouldn’t solve my problem here either.

It works as designed. It was never designed to be inside an if.

1 Like

@wgmcg and @949BFN, why don’t you just use a standard timer with restrictions, rather than complicating it with While statements? Put the restrictions inside the timer rather than outside.

Time restrictions not met, SMS action not executed:

Time restrictions met, SMS action executed:

1 Like

Looks like using 60 minutes instead of 1 hour will cause the piston to run every 60 minutes from the time saved instead of every hour on the hours. No sure how to run something every hour on the hour just for specific hours.

Use timers:

every hour, at :00 past the hour
   <stuff to do>
end every

You can select which hours (which I didn’t show) …

1 Like

where do you select which hours?

Oooops … hehe … was recalling from memory (which is poor) … strike that last line.

no worries, thought I’d missed something obvious!

Yeah, I don’t have access to the dashboard at the moment — guess I should REALLY CHECK before I spew out some erroneous stuff (like above), LOL

It should work if he moves the time restriction inside the timer. From what I’ve seen, restrictions added outside the timer don’t apply to the timer.

1 Like

@anon36505037, did you label each button on the remote or provide some sort of legend to describe what each button does?

Hi all,
Just getting started with rebuilding some of my existing pistons in webCoRE. I have to say the web based tool is fantastic :smiley:

I was wondering if the below is working as intended (or recommended). I was at first trying to create an “And-If” piston as it existed in CoRE, but came to realize that I can really just keep adding IF statements within one piston (landed on 3). Personally I like this because I can now combine by “Coffee Pot On” piston with my “Coffee Pot Off” piston and control it all in one. However since it is beta I thought I would confirm that this was intended or recommended? I noticed that the piston is also at 43% memory usage, but I think I remember seeing somewhere that this is okay when I was reading through the threads…?

How can I get a short wait in after SHM Changes. This check is to quick being that the routine has not hit the close door yet?

Im just trying to send a push alert if alarm is on and the garage door is not closed.