[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

thats me :slight_smile: i actually use names in my version but when sharing publicly make it generic.

haha, yes. I tried this one. Not quite working

If you can spare a minute, can you explain just a bit more how you would test poll the hub? It sounds like the best option. Thanks!

I’d like to know how to do that also.

How would you do either of those inbWebCore?

1 Like

I’m sure it’s been answered before, but seeing as how enormous this thread has become, can someone point me to how to do something?

I want to so a set action so long as a condition remains the same.

Basically:
- if Door closes, send notification
- if door remains closed _
_ * for an hour: send notification, flash a couple colored lights for 30 sec.

_ * repeat each hour until door becomes open_
_ * reset to watch for door closed again_

What is the cleanest and simplest way to execute this?

Also, what is the best way to nestle this under an IF/Then statement (as a sub.)
The idea:
If time between night - morning, or (another idea) if User 1 is away, etc (to do the notification loop only under a condition) using an IF rather than an ONLY WHEN…

If User 1 not present
- if door remains closed _
_ * for an hour: send notification, flash a couple colored lights for 30 sec.

_ * repeat each hour until door becomes open_
_ * reset to watch for door closed again_
- cancel loop if user 1 becomes present

@anon36505037 @ady624

Hi could anyone help
I’m trying to create a piston that runs when my Goodnight routine gets activated.
I want it to check my sensors and text me if any are open and if so stop the routine and text me to tell me which ones , but if they are all closed to carry on and run the routine.
Nearly everything works and I get the relevant sms texts but it never stops the the goodnight routine from running if any are open.
So basically I want to know what to add to stop a routine running while it checks
Cheers

Is if just me or the dashboard is kinda down atm? Can’t get passed the spinning squares

@ady624

I would say make a blank routine that does nothing except execute at the desired time or however the current one is executed. Have webcore watch this. Then if everything is good have it execute the actual good night routine.

1 Like

Any thoughts on this issue? [DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

Thanks,
Matthew

Don’t use was. Use is

@anon36505037
Thank you as usual sir!

@ptdalen thanks. i tried but not having a fan control unit i cant map the device in the piston to anything that i have locally. unfortunately, i wont be able to help with this one.

the one suggestion i would make is, if it allows you to use instead of adjust level by use adjust level to.

sorry.

I’m still a little on the fence about how the wunderground api is really calculating POP here are 3 screen caps I just took within seconds of each other the first is the actually wunderground website showing 10% chance rain, the second is from the smart weather tile device i have installed in smart things. Also showing 10%. The last is the in the piston design screen after inputing the correct string for chance of rain with in the hour, and it shows up as 0%

What do you guys make of this ?

Same result 0%

What zipcode is your location in? Is it correct?!

Please forgive me where should i confirm my zip code in the ide or in webcore?

It’s 11225

That would be in the IDE - check the location

Okay it shows my zipcode as 11226 which is not 11225 but it’s not far off its the neighboring zipcode which also has a 10% chance of rain according to the wunderground site

Try evaluating

$weather.hourly.hourly_forecast[0]

What do you get?