[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

Probably same line, shared image line numbers is not the same as the editor.

1 Like

ST app, open webCoRE under Automations > SmartApps, go to Settings, scroll down:

Ady624,

I’m assuming you’re pointing me in the direction of the “disable all pistons” toggle? I read early threads about that, and had already tried toggling on/off (its currently turned off), but doesn’t seem to resolve the issue? Ive also cleaned and rebuilt data cache.

And you are still getting those warnings? What version are you on? Can you update all for good measure?

Yes, still the same warnings. I’m currently running the latest version and just updated about an hour ago on the advice from @eibyer.

strange, when did this start happening?

To be honest, this is a piston I’ve been working on (with the help of you and others) for a while now, so its sort of been a work in progress. If I had to guess, it was right around this latest update to 722. As I mentioned earlier, the only major change I made to the piston was to add a new Xiaomi motion sensor to the mix. But, i’ve since removed it and the issue has persisted. I’m going to try and rebuild the piston from scratch and see if that fixes anything. If you come up with anything in the meantime, I’ll keep an eye out. I’ll let you know if the re-build solves the issue. As always, thanks for your help!

Please help me with this because its driving me nuts.

Ive structured this 100 different ways and EVERY TIME the motion sensor goes inactive, it overrides the timer and turns the switch off.

@Townsmcp that would be the way i would do it. who needs a pull cord … specially with kids in the house. i would check-in with the wife though :wink:

Ugh. Wont even work set up like this.

What gives?

Holy crap, it even failed like this. It skips over the inactive portion of the restrictive statement completely.

@ady624, is this a bug?

What are you trying to do? Keep the light on as long as there’s motion?

Yes. And when theres no motion, it waits X time and turns off.

Only that doesnt happen.

Im on the 8th or 9th iteration of programming the same exact thing with the same exact result. It ignores the timer on state change.

Here’s what I have for my laundry… see if it helps, add your restrictions, you can remove/edit the piston state if you want to.

Imported. Changed devices to motion sensor and bathroom switch.

Skips the timer and fails. Same as always.

This is the trace. Timer is running, but it doesnt matter. As soon as the motion sensor went inactive, it turned the switch off.

Are you sure you do not have any other pistons interacting with that light/switch? I used simulated devices and it’s working like it should. Check the device activity and see if something else is turning it off :slight_smile:

Nope. Nothing else interacting with it. First thing I checked.

Just tried it with another motion sensor. Same firmware as the problem sensor. Works fine.

So it works when you use a different motion sensor?