[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

I’ve got the Harmony too… it’s just that I want to simplify things and just have my cell phone as the main remote for all things at home… :slight_smile:

Plus! I bought the KS8000 Samsung TV mainly for its integration promises (and it was the only one that would allow me to watch one show and record 2 more, WAF you know…) lol!

FIrst time webcore user here, installed last night in hope of getting a night time bedside light routine working, but can’t seem to find a way to accomplish what I’m aiming for.

The basic premise is this: for the designated nighttime period 01 through 06 I would like the bedside lights to be activaded by a motion sensor, set both lights to red, fade from 0 to 2% over a duration of 4 seconds. Then wait for 1 minute and reverse the fade to 0% and set the lights to warm white when done.

Setting the color is needed as we have LIFX lamps, and they otherwise remember the last color used.

Using Core, I have a piston working but without managing to set the red color head/tail of the procedure.

Is this possible? if so, some guidance would be greatly appreciated. My GF works late and keeps waking me up when going to bed.

THis is my basic skeleton, not tried yet though:

webCoRE has native LIFX support and I recommend you use that instead - look for the LIFX tasks. That should give you the nice fade you are looking for

1 Like

Thanks! wasn’t aware that the (looong) task list contained LIFX support: cool!

How about setting the color WITHOUT turning the bulb on, is that capability included as well?

How do I delete a Piston that I created as a test? Edit: Nevermind… found it! :slight_smile:

Also… on this…

Any chances Hue might have native support too?

Maybe, soon… my hue hub is in a box lol

1 Like

Mine’s in operation if you want to use me as a guinea pig… :wink:

Issue with Sunday? (@ady624)

I run my lights with a combination of schedules , motion and luminance. Regarding the night schedules, there are two general schedules that are based on my work days - which are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Therefore, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I go to bed earlier than I do on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Several lights and groups of lights are driven by pistons similar to the one below - and they all turn off the ligh(s) on Sunday nights at the early time rather than the later time as they are supposed to. It’s important to note that these pistons all work on the other nights as expected and they all used to work properly even on Sundays.

Here’s the example piston. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Looking to have webCoRE send notifications for some door locks. I can get a notification if a certain user enters in their code. I am wanting to get a notification if an invalid code is entered into the lock using webCoRE. Any ideas?

Anyone got any ideas for help on this post?

hey folks ive installed a smartapp and device handler called plexplus lighting control.

the purpose of this app is to adjust lights according to the status of my plex player. While the app is great I don’t want it to be active all the time and I wanted to create a webcore piston to run this app only when my harmony hub is running a specific activity. After installing all the necessary components. I now have a device under my home called “new plex plus device” however when I try to create a piston using an if clause I don’t see it under physical or virtual devices. (notice on left in webcore after living room motion it doesn’t show it but on right in ST is does appear after living room motion. Without being able to select this device I have no idea how to create this piston. any thoughts?

Did you add the device to webCoRE? New devices don’t get automatically added, gotta select them when added like you did during setup

:head_bandage: oooohhhh , didn’t know that and don’t know how to do that lol. but thank you. Let me go try and figure this one out.

SmartTHings app -> Automation -> SMartapps -> webCoRE -> Settings -> Available Devices and Contacts -> Available Devices

MY MAN !!! 1000 Blessings to you and your family

1 Like

Ive started designing my piston for it but since it control lights Id like to get some assistance fixing my lights on a previous piston first because I can’t seem to get it to behave appropriately.

if you want lights to turn on directly to a certain percentage from off no matter what the previous on setting was what is the proper “DO” to select

-

Change the Task Cancellation Policy to Never Cancel, the motion sensor changing back to inactive is resetting your 1 minute timer.

1 Like

thanks for replying I made the change and tried what you said but the lights still don’t turn off after one minute. Did I do it incorrectly?

Click on the With and do it from there.

1 Like

thank you friend that solved it :pray: