[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

Read the time with this expression, only way I could get it to work: time(datetime(string([Alarm:alarm_formatted])))

But thats only necessary if you want to actually use the time for anything else but just displaying it as a string. Which I’m sure you would want to of course.

yeah, i am seeing the same problem. if printed as a string works fine. if passed to time() function doesn’t work.

tagging @ady624 so he knows of the issue. thanks.

You can use this expression to format the time to a string:

formatDateTime(time(datetime(string([Alarm:alarm_formatted]))), “HH:mm”)

But that is of course only if you have updated your DH to the one i posted to pass the formatted time to webcore.

thank you. but, its not a DH issue … the modified DH is sending everything as expected.

there is something in webcore that is not working as we think it should. so, anything i hack is going to be in webcore piston leaving the DH as it should be. at least i will try that first. :slight_smile:

Okey but believe me and save some hours… Its not sending the time as expected since it’s sending it in a format webcores datetime() can’t understand. You will need to format it in the DH with the timeToday() function.

See this post of how to get it to work. [DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

In one of the notifications Im converting the time object to a string in XX:XX format.

don’t get me wrong, i believe you. i see now why you had to do this. webcore should be able to handle the value:time.

Yeah and it was able to read time in format XX:XX with the time() function a week ago. But not anymore. If you want your piston to work today, update the DH.

well put :smiley:

heres my “hack” in webcore to get time in an usable format

time(((int(left($currentEventValue,2)) * 3600) + (int(right($currentEventValue,2)) * 60)) * 1000)

nice! :+1:

1 Like

Can someone please help me understand why this simple command for fading lights on 30 mins prior to sunset, and sending a push, never works?

It is currently running in a loop so I get a new push every 15 seconds and the lights never go past 0 or 1% in the fade.

It appears to be suddenly working for me. I also see that my honeywell is showing up as a full thermostat now.

It is not a dimmer switch just standard toggle GE/Jasco light switch.

@bigverm23 never tried fade myself but have you tried setting TCP to never cancel?

Sure wish someone could tell me why I can’t access Webcore Dashboard from an Android device. Gets old having to go into the computer to see if a piston ran or to make a minor change.

Hate to keep harping on this, but not hearing any answers.

There is no definitive answer as to what was changed in Chrome, a suggestion was to use Firefox to access the dashboard, for now.

1 Like

Then I believe you will be able to do what you are wanting to do

Well this has been a holiday weekend here in the US. So just take a break or use a computer. That is the main point of webcore

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a piston on core which works as a vacation Lighting mode when I’m away from the house between certain times. It works great however I have moved it over to webcore and it seems to run each THEN action one after another rather than simultaneously. Here is the piston, have I

missed something out? I should also mention that I’ve tried changing between synchronous and asynchronous but it doesn’t have any effect. Thanks