[DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

I installed your piston you posted on #495 above & nothing is showing up in my dashboard.
My dashboard says (beta) below it. Is there something I have missed?
Mike

Don’t click on the dashboard link. The tiles will show on the main webCoRE page.

To enable the tile go to settings and create a category and set it to ‘tiles’ or one of the options with tiles in it.

Then make sure your piston is set to that category.

2 Likes

Took a while but have it working now
Thanks Mike

1 Like

Now I need to learn to add the other items to the tiles.
Presence
Light control
Window & door sensors
Thermostat
motion detectors
Switches.
Have pistons running that have some of these items in them guess I need to add a statement to add tile.
This is a real learning process for a 67 yr old man that did not grow up with this type technology

Mike

2 Likes

You’re doing a great job then :wink: and you’re adding tiles because you want it, that’s always good :wink: have fun.

May I recommend picking up on pistons already made by others? Guys, any examples? @ahndee is the McDaddy of All Tiles of Mordor.

2 Likes

This is just a test piston illustrating the arrayItem() and piston tile constructs — it actually doesn’t perform anything useful :wink: It includes the not-often-seen execute-piston command that you may use to create executable tiles.

Just import the piston using the backup code, save the piston, then click on the Test button (since it doesn’t subscribe to any events) … then go to your dashboard. You can click on Tiles 1 (message in log, also restores tiles after you click on Tile 7) and 7 (clears tiles). Uh, just ignore the actual display contents of the tiles, LOL.

… produces:

webCoRE_arrayItem-test_1b

4 Likes

pssst…@elf. Tuesday should be probability.:grin:…maybe.lol
And here is the formula: Probability of event A that occurs P(A) = n(A) / n(S).:grin:

1 Like

LOL … I’ll correct that … thnx …

UPDATE:
Fixed! :blush:

thx…LOL.

Can different pistons modify the same tile?

If the title tile is using global variables to display info then yes. Otherwise no

Does anybody have a piston that have a sample on daily power consumption for power outlets?

Is there a simple statement or expression that can create a tile to be used in all pistons.
Something like create a tile for living room lights.
That way I (we) could copy & paste this into all pistons created just change the thing controlled.
Mike

Thanks. Title or tile? Just wondering if spell check got you :slight_smile:

Autocorrect definitely got me

I use the following (not for an outlet but the whole house using net metering). It keeps track of the cost as well and supports time-of-use rates:
Unknown

3 Likes

index

This will sense if contact sensors change to open, then turns off your thermostat and sends a push notification with which window is open. When all contacts close, thermostat is set to auto and resumes your program. This was built using the $ Ecobee DH.

1 Like

I have one very similar except mine will only change the thermostat if the selected doors are open for more than five minutes…then resume program when all are closed.

How did you add the “for 5 minutes” at the end of the open statement? I can’t see how in the WebCoRE GUI to add that.

Thanks a bunch! Exactly what i was looking for. Loved that it took the different time of day usage into account as well. Thanks @ahndee!!

1 Like