[Deprecated] Thinking Cleaner 2.x (Roomba Control)

New Roomba i7+, interesting features… It removes the waste from the machine into a bag, will allow it to clean by room if you want instead of entire floor…

2 Likes

About time! Been wanting this feature for years.

1 Like

EVERYONE KEEPS POSTING THIS EVERYWHERE!!! I NEED TO WALK AWAY!!! :smiley:

Now if they’ll only create something to empty the self emptying base…

Well… it seems like a setup for an inception type joke but honestly, the more I think about it, the more it could be cool if the base could then connect (or just directly connect anyway) to those whole home vacuum systems…

All I would want is someone to make a 3rd party bin to replace the disposable bags.
Cheap plastic. As long as I can rinse it out and let it air dry, that’s fine.

Disposable bags?

The tower will use disposable bags.
So the Roomba will pull in to dock, a vacuum sucks the dirt from the Roomba bin and puts it in a disposable bag in the tower unit. The official ones are 3/$15. I know some knockoffs will come and be cheap, but I’d rather just get a large bin I can dump and rinse out when needed.

1 Like

That’s not good!

I decided to dust off my thinking cleaner, reinstall on the Roomba 650 and play around with it.

Seems I can configure the TC locally through the web app, connect it to their cloud and control it pretty much like normal. I was even able to update my firmware over the air. One thing i’ve noticed is that it does seem to disconnect from tc.thinkingsync.com fairly often. (at least pre firmware update)

Is anyone successfully maintaining a connection to tc.thinkingsync.com with it? I figured I can fake an ST integration using IFTTT webhooks and trigger it with Alexa as well.

I gave mine to my parents and I believe it is working fine for them. They do not have ST.

1 Like

The ST integration uses the local ip of your TC. I remember a few months ago the thinkingsync site was down for several weeks, but the ST integration was still fine.

Yeah I’ll randomly still get emails when one of my Roomba’s dock…

I gave my parents my roomba as well and switched the Neato…

Which one? Been looking at making that switch as well. D7? Got a robot bug. :robot:

The D3 as they just updated for no-go and the white one was on sale for $250…

Thank You.

Please excuse any typos.

Does anyone have a spare Thinking Cleaner Module for sale??
Thanks

Message me, I have mine that I’m no longer using.

Thank You.

Please excuse any typos.

Interesting, any update on this?

Looking at controlling my roomba with 8266.

Don’t know how many people out there are still using their Thinking Cleaner. Mine’s been collecting dust in the box for nearly a year at this point.

Can’t help wanting to tinker with it though.

If you could divine the api calls for clean/dock on the TC, could you run some sort of server on the pi to route calls from the internet and send them to the TC? Figure I’d use webcore to make the calls. Assuming you could run network proxy software like Charles to sniff the calls on the TC?

Unfortunately i’m not much help here. Curious if this would work and if anyone had direction on how to do it. What software would you use on the pi? What does the setup look like? Something you could point to?

1 Like