[DEPRECATED] Tado Heating User Presence Device Type

OK Thanks, but just to clarify in my tiny mind.
This app interfaces with the Tado server and gets the presence of all the users that are defined in the tado app and then tells you whether thay are present or not?
Or does it interface with the tado server and just get the presence state of tado. i.e. Home or Away.
Sorry in advance for the dumb questions.

EDIT: How often does it check the presence?

ok so the clarification, when you install an instance of this device type, in the preferences it asks for the user, you input the Users name exactly as it appears in the Tado App and it will track the status of the User to see if it is home or away. technically in the Tado API each users current distance from the home location is listed, when this is 0 then Tado and this app shows the user as present at home and when this value increases above that value for the individual user then this app shows that user as away (the tado app also shows the user outside the house icon (which is shown in the pic in post 1) )

it does not track the overall home or away status in Tado at all, only each individual user for each copy of the device type you install. if you want to do your own home or away status in ST by amalgamating all the users status i.e. sets away when all users have left and sets home when the first user has arrived, this can be done easily in core. i hope that makes sense. if not install it and it will all become clear

All makes sense now.
I had already installed the app and now the 3rd field for user makes sense.
I only have 2 users on Tado so I have put in 2 instances for each user.
Will have to do some testing now to see how it works.

How often does it poll/refresh the presence from Tado?

it uses the standard ST refresh cycle of 10 mins, however i know that this is missed sometimes. to get around this i was using pollster to do the update every 5 mins instead for these devices

Thanks. I have set pollster to refresh/poll every minute and from the logs I can see this happening.
Now I just need to test to see how far away I am before it registers as not present.
Good excuse for a walk to the pub tonight!
If this works OK I may use this as my presence sensor.
For some reason life360 and ST have been playing silly beggars all week.

I have noticed that this seems to have stopped working.
Anyone else getting issues?

I don’t use this myself anymore so will try and have a look over the weekend see if I can get it working again

Hi, I just checked and mine seems to be working ok.

Mine has done nothing for 45 days according to the events logs.
Perhaps I’ll uninstall and reinstall.

@bobbles, i have just checked this and it works fine, have you changed the name of your phone in Tado as maybe that’s why its not being picked up?

if not yes i would try and set it up again. maybe aswell pm me a excerpt from you live log when the presence sensor is refreshed?

@bobbles. looks like Tado also have a number of Shards, and they were deprecating the v1.6 API in tranches, so allthough it was working on mine and not yours, i again tested on mine and the v1.6 Tado API has definitely been deprecated. use the new Tado (Connect) v1.4 App for a new updated solution

Thanks for this.
I’ve updated everything and just need to test it.
Will keep you posted.

Why is the DH not working with the New ST app?? Can you try to fix this please :frowning: