[DEPRECATED] Tado Cooling Integration

still not working for me . never mind

Hi @Fuzzyligic. Thanks for the changes in 2.8. It works much better now :slight_smile:

I notice that the status in the Smartthings App only updates when you hit refresh which is ok although not sure if this is possible to refresh status automatically when you open the app.

The other thing that isn’t quite right is that when you switch on the aircon from the Smartthings App then it always sets the fan mode to automatic. Is there a way of switching the fan to the original fan speed as stored in Tado? The challenge for us is that we use the Smartthings App to switch on the aircon in our daughter’s room and automatic fan is very noisy (on off etc). We normally just have the fan set at a minimum.

Thanks, Gary

@Gary_Luton glad it works for you better.
The device type does refresh automatically using the standard polling cycle in St but this is about every 10 mins. If you want a more regular update you can use the Pollster smartapp to achieve this. I do a refresh every 5 mins.

Will have a think on how to check for the existing fan mode

Thanks @Fuzzyligic. Much appreciated.

Hi, Anyone having problems on using alexa to control tado thermostat devices recently?
It was ok before but now its not working.

I can confirm that v2.8 crashes on iOS when I tap into it but Android works fine. I am able to keep in my username/password on Android.

Can we somehow bind the “ON” switch of Tado with a virtual switch in ST?

I need that to connect with ifttt and Amazon Alexa,having 2 recipes to turn on and off the Tado Smart AC.
Now I have 3 Tado working without any problem.

Any help on what I asked will be highly appreciated!

I use CoRE to update a virtual switch with Tado for doing the same thing when using this with SmartTiles. I have a total of three rules to do this the first updates the status of the switch to off/on based on mode. Second rule triggers on virtual switch change and if Tado is off turn on heating if under 22deg c and cooling if over 25 degree c. And the third rule does the same but turns on auto mode if temp is above 22 and below 25deg

Thanks for the answer.

Apart from triggering on or off the virtual switch through a mode change how can you trigger Tado on by pressing the virtual switch to on?

How can I can manually switch on the virtual switch and that will actually translate to turning the tado switch to on?

@Fuzzyligic Do you know now Tado AC allow 1 account could control more than one Tado AC, but the SmartApp at SmartThings you create see only work with 2 accounts support 2 Tado AC.
Do you have plan to re-write the SmartApp so we can also use one accounts to chose the Tado AC we want to control first . then we could also select the manual mode and high/low set point ? It will more convience if we want to also use one Tado AC App to check and setup the schedule for 2 Tado AC ?, now we need to have 2 iPhone with 2 Tado AC App using different login accounts ?

I have just been notified that my accounts have been merged for multizone heating and cooling products so now have that option, i have a need to rewrite yes, but at this moment i have very little time available to do so,

Until now I had used your app to control with 3 separate accounts my 3 Tados so THANK YOU for that.
Now my accounts will be merged today in one app.

If you have the time to update your app to reflect the new status of Tado AC I will be glad.
The fact is that without your offer I would have returned to a very hot house here in Greece!

So thank you for your effort @Fuzzyligic once again!

@xneo1 i have no time available at the moment to look into this in detail. but i did get mine working ok with a quick dirty workaround, i have just updated the device handlers with a selectable zone id, please read the updated first post for details on how to correctly set the zone id (once i have updated shortly)
sorry its a bit messy, but to do it correctly i would need to write a smartapp to do the detection and install the devices but i have no time at the moment to develop all though i have made a start

@Fuzzyligic the dirty workaround is good enough, with this device handle, we could create 2 device for different Tado AC and with single username & password and enter zone 1 & zone 2, That is exactly I need

1 Like

Hi there, strange problem here. I added the device handler, added the device and I see the temp listed however, when I open the device in my app it crashes
 The app closes. Any ideas?

It happen to using the IOS version, Try open it (only for the first time) with Android based ST app

Or as an alternative you can set the device type preferences directly in the IDE which will allow you to open on IOS. I don’t know why it crashes on IOS before you get the chance to edit the preferences

I did try to change the seetings in the IDE but no avail. I opened it via my sons’s android and that did the trick :slight_smile:

I have trouble integrating Tado Cooling into SmartThings. The interface does show without crashing on my iPad but all functions are not working. I am wondering if I did something wrong in the IDE. Is Zone ID the Measuring Device “WR1********2”?

No the zone id will be a single digit starting from 0. Read the first post again and look at the address bar of your browser when you log into my.tado.com and select your zone. It shows the ID there.

Others though have reported that it still doesn’t work first time with an apple device, but I do think that is because the first update has not happened before they try and access. Use pollster to set the update period to 5 mins and wait that long before you try and access and you should be fine as long as your zone is its correct.