[DEPRECATED] Samsung TV support in SmartThings?

I try and the smartapp find my TV, but is impossible save. :pensive:

But if you tell me no a good code. I stop my request, and try with a IR device to command my tv

Your TV would work with that SmartApp only if you somehow hasn’t updated the firmware of the TV since the beginning. The H series TVs has an AES encrypted communication and PIN verification implemented during the first year of the release by firmware updates. Unfortunately the SmartApp, and the missing DH (the reason of the error message) cannot resolve these requirements.

1 Like

Many thanks for your answer, now I understand are not a my error :slight_smile:.
Yes, the TV ask the pin code… I use this old app for android and the first connection ask me a confirmation code write in the screen.

It’s really a disappointment, but at least now that I know, I avoid banging my head again and resign myself to not integrating it into SmartThings.

Thanks for your feedback

You know, it is quite interesting that you added that screen to your post. Actually that app is going to be soon retired by Samsung (End of Service) and some of its features should have been added to the SmartThings app, but somehow, I haven’t seen that the old TVs would be supported… No comment…

1 Like

Yes I know. I have the app and I know the end of service… No problem, I use broadlink and Google home to make a order to TV, but I need on and off compatible with ST to automation :frowning:

I use a Xiaomi Mi Box 3 to turn on the TV, but any CEC capable device would do to turn on and off.
Recently I had the same discussion. If you have a RaspberryPi connected to the TV’s HDMI port that would do as well, or any other device what can wake up the TV from Stand-by mode through HDMI CEC.
That model of TV shuts down the network connection and cannot be awakened any way, just by remote or HDMI CEC command.

1 Like

yes I now. I have an onkyo home theatre for do it… but I have the same problem to integration with ST :slight_smile: