[Deprecated] Lutron Caseta Connect V1.5

Large changes were made over night to address many of the issues people have brought to me as well as to add Ramp Rate functionality. Please see the first post in this thread for more information! Thanks all for your support and feedback,

Hm… another recommendation: Put IP addresses in a separate config file, so we don’t have to change the LutronPi.py on every update.

3 Likes

Still reading through these threads to understand the full capability. However, I am close to pulling the trigger on the Lutron Smart Bridge. I just wanted to confirm, if I get the Smart Bridge Pro, I can use the pico remotes to control anything. Otherwise, it can only control Lutron devices. Is that a true statement?

Yes. The pro bridge is needed to allow picos to control non-lutron devices.

1 Like

@njschwartz Thank you for all your work on this. I updated to the new version over the weekend with no issues. The Pico remotes work great and have suddenly become the most affordable way to add physical buttons to control SmartThings actions.

2 Likes

Well it ran for quite a few days but finally tanked…

Here is a screenshot: https://s15.postimg.org/6kta9p8iz/IMG_1671.jpg

Nate may be slow to respond for about the next month so you may have to rely on others in the forum for help.

Thanks mate, he mentioned he might look into the exception handling but I’m in no rush. In the meantime, I’ll investigate a watchdog… if I can somehow tell it failed.

I’ve had it crash out a couple times as well. I’m not too fussed, but I’ve been thinking about just 'cron’ing a stop/start of the script every hour or whatever, so even if it does go down it won’t be down for long/I probably won’t notice.

Same. I couldn’t find out how to watch it so I have a scheduled task to kill python and start it again every 30 minutes. The entire server VM reboots each night along with the Homebridge server.

I updated the ST app last night (android) and this morning, noticed it is not showing the level %. The setpoint slider shows the %, I see the level % in “recently”, and my CoRE pistons which rely on % all seem to work.

Anyone else see this? Is there anything I should try?

Nate released an update literally the night after I got this all setup so I am not on the latest. Was this addressed in that update?

Thank you!

I edited mydevice handler to be a multi-attribute tile instead so I cannot verify what you are seeing but it might be related to the update. I seriously doubt it had anything to do with the update njschwartz did recently. If I have time I will revert my DH and test this afternoon.

In the meantime, try to turn the switch power on and adjust the slider and let us know if the value appears. Also, completely close out the app and reopen to see if that resolves it.

Thank you for the quick response Stephan!

I power cycled my phone and the hub but its still not showing the value.

I have tried turning turn it on/off and moving the slider in all different combinations. When I adjust the light using the physical in-wall dimmer, I can see the slider snap to the current value after a moment so, I know the feedback is not broken. Only the tile is not working which is certainly not critical (if you take my OCD out of the equation)! Does this sound like it has something to do with the DH?

I appreciate your time but, if there is something I can help with or try just let me know. The only thing I can think of would be to update to the version Nate posted 8 days ago. I’m just not sure that will be the fix.

Thanks, again.

Edit: Newb question… if I update, will it be like starting with a clean slate (ie: rebuild all my core pistons?)

So I reverted back to the old handler and I see the same issue…no percentage. This has something to do with the update, because on my updated handler, I setup an extra tile to show the switch level and it is blank as well.

I think you should do the update and rebuild regardless. You going to have to at some point and it’s better to do it now than when you have even more routines configured with it.

In any case, I found the issue. It has to do with the background color. The info is there, you just cant see it.
If you are familiar with updating devices in the IDE it’s an easy fix.

Edit the “Lutron Virtual Dimmer” Device handler as follows:
At the end of line 26: remove
, backgroundColor: "#53a7c0"
Save and Publish “For Me”

@njschwartz, please update the handler if you can find the time.

1 Like

Can I buy you a beer or cocktail or something!!?! :beers: Amazing!

I’ll update everything tomorrow night and make the changes you mentioned.

I must say… other than this silly bug, this setup works flawless for me. I would be surprised if Lutron’s official integration is even comparable. I am running python on a windows server and haven’t had a hick-up with that… still running no problem after 10 or so days.

Cheers

1 Like

I’ve been using it for a couple of months…rock solid for me.

Btw, the Lutron integration will surprise you. It’s surprisingly fast. In fact, I use it for all my automations and only use this smartApp for my Pico controllers. I have a few lights with both…just in case the cloud to cloud gets wonky.

1 Like

Finally got myself setup today. Can anyone who is using the pico remotes to control non-Lutron devices confirm roughly how long the response time is? My test setup is taking like a second or two. I can see the Raspberry Pi pickup the button click immediately. Also, my Raspberry Pi is not on the same network switch as my Lutron and SmartThings hubs. I am not sure if it matters but I plan to change that this weekend. I was just curious what others were seeing.

Same here. There is a bit of a delay, probably because all commands have an additional 2 devices to route through; the lutron bridge and your server. The delay does not bother me through.

Thanks for confirming. They probably wouldn’t bother me either but my StaplesConnect hub that I was trying to replace is immediate. I wanted to get rid of it as I am not sure how much longer it is going to be supported since Staples sold it off, but I think I may keep it.