[DEPRECATED] - Hive (Connect) V2.6 (British Gas Hive)

Would love to have Hive bulbs as part of this, but as I have Philips Hue around the house, I don’t have any to play around with. Hopefully like the contact sensor, someone in the community can create an add on in the future.

hi, how did you sort it? cheers

getting startup failed: script14788854223091250764952.groovy: 42: unexpected token: name @ line 42, column 6. 42 name: “Hive (Connect)”, ^ 1 error

what does this mean?

Has anyone got any idea if anyone is looking at the Hive bulbs? I’m about to get my hive installed and it comes with some bulbs included so would be awesome to add them into smartthings, otherwise ive got 2 “smart bulbs” that i will have to use a seperate app to control to everything else! :slight_smile:

@iBeech has been working on something. Watch this space…

Thanks to the efforts of @iBeech, we now have Hive Dimmable White and Hive Cool to Warm White bulb support. Great work!

1 Like

Wow awesome, thanks @Alyc100 and thanks @iBeech, even more looking forward to getting my hive now!!

hey man- you are welcome. Are you having any of the multi coloured lights? If so, it could be possible to work with you remotely to get the info I need to implement and test that device type.

Hey, no not at the moment unfortunately, just the standard active white ones (they are coming free with our boiler cover). I may get some coloured ones eventually, but not sure at the moment as i have no need for coloureds in the range they currently do.

Fair enough! If i ever get around to ordering the multi coloured lights and wall socket, i’ll code them up.

Wow! big thanks to @Alyc100 and @iBeech. I was just about to return my Hive bulb after failing to integrate it, but now i can try again at the weekend.

Good Work!

For info I purchased Hive 1 when it first came out. I called Hive technical support today and they advised that Hive 1 & 2 hubs, whilst look different have the same firmware and are the same devices except for range of hub 2 (beign slightly better). I ordered the new smart looking silver thermostat 2 and will pair this weekend (hopefully) along with creating device handler…so we’ll see how it goes…

Thanks to @iBeech, Hive Active Plugs now supported as of v2.5

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - Works like a dream! (heating, hot water, bulbs dimmable)

1 Like

You are welcome- glad my contribution meant you could keep your light bulb- they are pretty good bulbs to be honest. I like that they are a regular shape, compared to something like LIFX

Just seen youve now done the plug also? Good news. I will be looking at getting a multicoloured bulb for my son’s bedroom as soon as all my kit arrives. Im on a 28 day lead time with some special offer they have given us. As soon as it comes i will be in touch and can help work together on the multicoloured if required!

Yep- the plug is done. I’m working on the multicoloured bulb right now, should be available tonight / tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah awesome, you legend :slight_smile: Just had confirmation that my kit will be arriving in the next couple of days. Now to convince the wife to spend £44 on a light bulb… :smiley:

1 Like

Hi All

Bit of a newbie to GITHUB and ST (go easy on me :o)

I am trying to connect my HIVE 2 Thermostats and Active Lighting to the new ST i just purchased.

I followed the guide above but struggling to see HIVE in ST, so im stuck on this step

Iv coped the code over from above and created the SmartApp and Handlers and they are all published, but i cant seem to get passed step 8[quote=“Alyc100, post:1, topic:29492”]
Add the Hive (Connect) app within the ST app from the Marketplace, then selecting the ‘SmartApps’ tab and locating the Hive (Connect) app under the ‘My Apps’ section which should be at the bottom of the list.
[/quote]

I may be doing something wrong in creating handlers or smartapp in general I suspect, but i cant work out what…

is there a simple WIKI to help me troubleshoot the error maybe? Or what are the first things i should check

Thanks in advance all, sorry for the novice questions. :slight_smile:

Multi colour bulb support completed- Just waiting on @Alyc100 to merge the changes

1 Like

Hive Coloured Bulb support now live with v2.6 and new device handler.

1 Like