[DEPRECATED] - Hive (Connect) V2.6 (British Gas Hive)

New update - Hive (Connect) SmartApp updated to v2.1

Improved authentication process.
Streamlined menu to allow for functionality expansion.
Added notification framework for thermostat events.

Any feedback or ideas as usual, please let me know. If you have installed v2.0, this is fully backwards compatible with Hive (Connect) SmartApp v2.0 so just paste over the old SmartApp code, save and publish. Your credentials and thermostats will carry over into the new version automatically.

Hi
I love the new look and connect smart app but for the hive heating device is it possible to re add boost for ungrounded numbers such as 15,23,67,ext
Thanks

Hi Alex,

The new Connect app seems to be working great for me, only used it for a few minutes, but looks good so far :slightly_smiling:
For the new Heating app, I like the new layout and reduced scrolling :slightly_smiling: I have found a couple of bit for feedback (not issues or bugs):

• I had the boot temp set at 29 minutes, which not jumps by 10 minutes with the new UI.
    –> Is it possible to change it to jump 5 minutes at a time?
    –> For me personally having it at 29 mins is a bit odd, and would like to have it at 30min or 20 mins. Is there a way to force it to default at the closest whole number?

I have been thinking about creating a rule to run heating or hot water when we arrive and leave, based on time and day. As the ST location capability on the Android mobile app is a bit hot a miss, I haven’t been willing to take the risk of coming to a cold house or running the heating all day, when ST thinks I’m not home or have been home the whole day. Have you or anyone tried any rules with Hive and what have you found?

New update - Hive Heating Device v2.1.3 - Allow changing of boost interval amount in device settings.

Now if you go into the Hive Heating device and click the Cog icon on the top right, you can enter a custom boost interval to suit your preference. This defaults to 10.

@viks - This incorporates a fix that automatically adjusts the boost length value depending on the boost length interval specified when you press ‘up’ or ‘down’. For example, you won’t get a value of 49 minutes if the boost length interval is 10.

New update - Hive Heating Device v2.1.4 - Allow changing on boost target temperature in device settings…

Now if you go into the Hive Heating device and click the Cog icon on the top right, select ‘Edit Device’, you can enter a custom boost target temperature to suit your preference. This defaults to 22.

Apologies for the quick succession of updates. Thought that this would be very useful though.

EDIT: Hive Heating Device v2.1.5 - Device Settings option added to disable Hive Heating Device. In summer, you might want to keep your Hive Heating Off. This option stops any external SmartApp commands from reactivating Hive Heating.

EDIT 2 - Hive Heating Device v2.1.5c - Minor bug fixes.

I use rules with my Hive heating system and they work fine. I use the brilliant Rule Machine although it doesn’t expose boost mode, but can turn Hive Off and back to Auto. I also created this SmartApp Auto Mode for Thermostats for my use. In my example, it turns off Hive when we all leave and sets Hive to ‘boost’ when one person arrives to get the heating on straight away but for a limited boost time.

Don’t forget that with the new Hive Heating device via the device settings screen, you can now specify your boost temperature so it’s not the default 22 degrees and disable the Hive Heating Device for the summer when you want it off and don’t want a rule automation to turn it back on. The disable option saves you having to delete those automations just for the summer.

In terms of the worry of having the heating on all day, if you use Auto mode which is controlled by Hive, then there is no danger of that. So an example is that when you’re out for the day or on holiday, then Hive will turn off saving you money. If ST doesn’t register you as away for some reason then it just keeps to your schedule. You can also set up notifications using the new Hive Connect app so that you know when ST turns Hive Heating and Hot Water off and on again.

Thanks Alex. Useful insight. Thanks

I have managed to get the updated heating app setup and just started to use it. I have some feedback, as I have seen that the UI doesn’t look quite as I expected, not sure if this is correct. I observed the following since I think build v2.1 and confirm in the latest build.

I have attached two screen shots, the first one is of the hot water. It shows the off status in the middle of the main status window correctly, which changes to on (with a orange background) when the hot water is turned on.
-> I notice three dashes on the bottom left corner, which must be there to show a status of some kind, but doesn’t show anything when off, on or boost.

The second screen shot is of the heating (on one of my floors), which shows a white panel in the status window and two arrows (Up and down). When the heating is on or on boost, the status panel lights up in orange (like in the hot water case), with the current temp and the target temp at the bottom.
-> Not showing any info on the dashes on the bottom left corner, like in the hot water screen
-> when the heating is not on, the screen does not show the current temp in the thermostat zone
-> What are the arrows for, when I press them, the target temp when heating is on, increases (even if I press the lower or upper arrow)

Hope this helps

Thanks for the Android feedback. This is very useful as I don’t have an Android to test on. I can’t see any screenshots at the moment though. Make sure you have v2.1.5c for the issue about the arrows. I fixed those this morning.

Regarding the other issues, I know the ST app 2.1.0 update did a lot of funny things to the tiles and awaiting for a new fix to the app before I figure out these display issues.

I have loaded v2.1.5c at about 1.30pm today, so I have the latest.
Sorry forgot to add the screenshots… here you are:

I can confirm, after a quick test, the arrows on the Status panel do work correctly now. :slightly_smiling:

Try updating to Hive Heating Device v2.1.5d. Does that fix the blank display?

No change that I can see yet. I will have a longer look a little later today, and report back.

No change, but did notice that the v1 does not have the same issue. V1 shows the current temp and has a red background.

Hi Alex.
Getting better by the day but is it possible for you to add an indicator of boost time left rather than the restart boost button as I feel that it would be beneficial to mine and lots of people’s setups. Thanks

The boost time remaining will reappear when ST fix their app. iOS 2.1.0 - Release Notes - Commentary . Just out of interest, are you Android or iOS?

New update - Hive Heating Device v2.1.5e and Hive Hot Water 2.0b - Android users affected by the mysterious blank thermostat tile, Hive Heating v2.1.5e and Hive Hot Water 2.0b should fix your issue.

I’m on iOS

Alex,
you mentioned that v2 is not backwards compatible. Would I have to manually modify any rules that were using the Hive?

Yes. Hive Connect will create new devices alongside your old ones. You will have to migrate your existing rules to point to the new devices. If you go to your old hive device and select the Smartapps tab, you can see the list of all apps and tap on those to modify them to use the new Hive V2.0 devices. Then you can delete the old ones.

1 Like

Hi - I’m totally new to SmartThings and only just setting up my hub etc. I’ve got Hive v1 with a combi boiler and have had that for some time. I’ve set up Hive Connect as a SmartApp, plus Hive v2 as a Device. I can ‘see’ the Hive device on my iOS app and I’ve added it - but the screen is showing nothing at all - no colours or data on the screen at all.

I’ve worked my way down this thread and believe that I’m doing everything as per what’s discussed here. From higher up the thread, it seems that your app should work with Hive v1 as well as v2 - so I’m hoping that’s still the case.

So, newbie question, any pointers you can give me for where I might be going wrong?