[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, version 1.6.**

Watch out … that’s ST’s motto :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

ANDROID USERS - YOUR HELP NEEDED!

Can someone please post a screen shot of my currently released Ecobee Suite Thermostat device under 2 different conditions:

1. Idle
  2. Cooling

I want to clean up the display issues, but my own Android has decided to call it quits on me…

TIA!

I think there is an issue with missing variables when the system is off which causes errors in the DTH so I’ve included that screenshot as well.

Idle

Cooling

No Setpoint/Off

1 Like

I notice that the “idle” icon is smaller than the Cooling and Off icon - are there others that don’t render in the larger size?

Also, I notice that the humid/dehumid icons are smaller - I will look into all of these anomalies and see if I can coax the system into something that is more consistent for Android users.

OK, I think that I have fixed the Android icon size issues with the Operating State tile - icon files have all been updated, you may need to exit/reload your SmartThings app on your mobile device to get the latest versions…

1 Like

Updated to handle iOS/Android differences on August 7, 2018 at 4:00pm EDT

• New Android Optimizations Added to Ecobee Suite Manager v1.6.13 and Ecobee Thermostat v1.6.14
    • Via a new preference setting in Ecobee Suite Manager (under Preferences), users can now specify the type of mobile device they are using (iOS or Android).
    • Where SmartThings operates differently on these devices, the code now tries to optimize for the platform.
    • Primary differences are Heat/Cool At and Heat/Cool To on iOS (but not Android), and OperatingState ‘Off’ on iOS (but not Android).
    • Default mobile type is ‘iOS’, so if you have an Android, please go change the preference setting after installing this update
  • Fixed momentary erroneous display of null values during climate (program) changes on the thermostat
  • Fixed Operating State icons on Android - they should not be shrunken any more
  • Removed “REFRESH” text from the Ecobee ‘Bee’ icon - this icon should also not be shrunken on Android devices any more
  • heatingSetpoint and coolingSetpoint now always reflect the actual setpoints as displayed on the thermostat. New heatAtSetpoint and coolAtSetpoint attributes added.

If you notice other display or operational idiosyncracies on Android devices, please report them here in this thread. I probably can’t work around all of them, but I’ll do what I can…

Updated Ecobee Suite Thermostat to v1.6.14 for another Android setpoint tweak

2 Likes

Let me know if the latest updated fixes the Off problem…

Try my latest updates to Ecobee Suite Manager and Ecobee Suite Thermostat, and let me know if they solve the setpoint display problems.

Thanks Scott - very helpful. Please check out my latest version (1.6.13 for both Thermostat and Manager), and let me know if it’s any better on your Android (after you select the Android device in preferences, that is).

So, for “Mode: Auto”, I get “Automatic at 0-0”. Also, are those Humidify/Dehumidify icons suppose to be smaller?

Set to Android …

I think you need to reload the thermostat - the smaller icons are probably still cached. I think if you just pull down the thermostat display it should reload the cache (I usually do it once or twice). If that doesn’t work, try exiting the SmartThings app, remove it from memory, then reload it. Let me know if the icons stay small…

As for the “automatic”, I’ll try a different approach. Look for a 1.6.14 update for Ecobee Suite Thermostat…

Yes my actiontiles are now displaying what I would expect, thank you! However (and this is not a big issue), when I view the device in the smartthings app, the device handler displays “Automatic at 76-70” (I would expect it to say “Automatic at 75-70”) below the current temperature. Just a small discrepancy I noticed.

Something else I noticed was that when manually setting setpoints, the ecobee will “resume schedule”, and then execute the setpoint change. I am guessing this is sending two different api calls when a setpoint change is made, but it still works perfectly since the setpoint call is the last one to be made.

OK, it was a caching issue … the icons look fine now :+1:

1 Like

Is this with Thermostat version 1.6.14 ?

Yes - operating as intended. While Ecobee supports the notion of “stacked holds,” I don’t like that feature, so whenever I am going to set a hold (as in when you change the setpoint), I first release the current hold, and then set a new hold with the new temperatures…

Ecobee Suite Thermostat updated to v1.6.15 at 5:45pm EDT on August 7, 2018

Just a few more edits to Android setpoints…be sure to get Ecobee Suite Manager v1.6.13 as well…

Is this still not working for you?

Sorry about that, I updated to 1.6.14 and everything seems to be displayed correctly in all spots! The up/down arrows still do not seem to work for me. Tapping up/down does not cause the temp to change on the ecobee nor does the number in between the arrows move.

I have a suspicion that the Android implementation sends a different command than the iOS one - the code used to carry two different ways to adjust temperature, but I thought it was because of the changes ST kept making.

Can you do a favor? Turn on debug level 5, go into live logging for the Thermostat Device, then push the up or down button - I’d like to know what (if anything) shows up in the log at that point. I’ll get it fixed, I promise (it would be faster if my Galaxy Tab hadn’t fried its wifi chip…)

TIA!

So I’m not really sure where to set the debug level to 5, but when I go into live logging and press up/down I see nothing come across.