[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, version 1.6.**

I also lost connection since 5:17AM EST yesterday and just sent a note to support.

Not sure if this offers any clues, I just went to the repo to load the last update for the device handlers and got this error:

Error 500: Internal Server Error
URI /ide/device/doRepoUpdates
Reference Id e3e4ede0-8186-41da-8935-099de23c2fe4
Date Sun Jan 13 15:24:57 UTC 2019

Update: Mine came back online at 11:06AM EST today. That was very shortly after I sent to a note to Samsung support. Coincidence, most likely.

1 Like

Yes mine also came back around the same time and itā€™s up and running.

Yes, it seems that things are back in order.

I have a theory about what may have caused it, so Iā€™ll be working on preventative measures for a future release.

But for now, I need to take a football break (go Pats!)ā€¦

3 Likes

Word is out that SmartThings had an error situation that caused their asyncHttp call to fail. This problem appears to have been limited to the usna01 shard, but it impacted all sorts of apps that utilize this API, including Echo Speaks and my Ecobee Suite.

My apologies for the outage, but it now seems that it isnā€™t/wasnā€™t something my code could prevent, avoid or recover from.

And thanks to everyone for your patience over the last day!

2 Likes

I was back up at 10:09 CST

1 Like

Has anyone experience an issue when adding the repository it states you donā€™t have access to it? Tried with and without Incognito.

In experimenting I found it works if you have a Samsung Account for Smartthings but not a legacy Smartthings account. Unfortunately all my work is under the legacy setup and no sign of a migration path so fixing the access issue would be ideal if anyone knows a way.

Have you tried using the Community Installer to install my Ecobee Suite instead of manually defining the repositories?

I have no idea if it works, but at least it is something different to tryā€¦

If that doesnā€™t work, send a message to Support@SmartThings.com - and FWIW, changing over to the new Samsung Account doesnā€™t force you do change anything else (ie., you can keep using the SmartThings Classic)

I think you misunderstood what I meant about it works on Legacy but not my Samsung account. I was referring to updating repositories. You suggested the Community Installer which also failed because you need to define the repository.

After more poking around I discovered that something had gone wrong with my link to GitHub and I need to disconnect and reconnect. This allowed me to install repositories. Then I installed Community Installer only to find out nothing was showing up under my Apps to access. Turns out my hub had become disconnected as well and I had to reset my location an confirm the location again on my phone before Community Installer would show up to install. After that i was able to log in and install the Ecobee Suite but it wouldnā€™t show up in SmartThings. Turns out that the Community installer would complete everything except the last step. It wonā€™t publish the apps for me. I had to publish them manually via the graph website and then they finally showed up on the app to install.

So finally after all that I have my Ecobee showing up in SmartThings using Ecobee Suite. The final piece is trying to determine why I canā€™t address any of my Ecobee Routines via a SmartThings Routine. I can manually set temps, which I could do with the official app, but Ecobee Routines arenā€™t usable.

1 Like

Currently with the stock ecobee app, I can hit my ST button and set a temp but I cant do more than that. I cant increase or decrease temp with the button and I cant set a comfort activity.

What I would like to do is be able to hit my ST Button and set the Ecobee to hold a specific temp using 1 single remote sensor only. Would this be possible with this suite or is this a limitation of ecobee itself? I want to be able to set a 62F hold temp in my bedroom while laying in bedā€¦

Sounds like Webcore is in your future. What you seek is entirely possible with this suite, as long as you write a few custom rules to do it.

Iā€™m actually doing exactly what you seek. Any ecobee - or other - temperature sensor can be utilized as the foundation for a rule that tells ecobee how to behave.

I actually have what I want kind of working right now using the Keep Me Comfortable (Keep Me Cozy II) Smart app. its a work around for the moment, i use my button to set the system to sleep mode which activates the keep me cozy II smart app which sets the heat based on the bedroom sensor. i started working on the original app to add some functionality like making sure it never sets the heat too high or too low and some other tweaking but i probably wont bother finishing it and will switch to this suite instead.

Yes, using my Suite this use case is simple to implement:

• Create a new Program on your thermostat, and have it use only the sensor you want.
  • Create a new Routine in SmartThings that executes when your switch (real or virtual) is turned on.
  • Create an Ecobee Suite Mode/routine/program helper the executes when the SmartThings Routine executes, and have it set to set the Thermostat to the program you created above. (You May need to wait a few minutes before the new program appears in the Helpers).
  • For bonus points, allow Alexa to turn on the Switch, then you can have ā€œAlexa, turn on the Chillersā€ (if you name the switch ā€œThe Chillersā€ :wink:

You can, of course, connect to your existing ā€œGoodnightā€ routine - my Suite makes it simple to have your Ecobee programs track your SmartThings Location Mode, among numerous other automations.

2 Likes

Hi,
New to the Ecobee. After months of trying another brand thermostat, Iā€™ve decided to try the Ecobee 3 lite, and your custom DTH; thanks for sharing.

Iā€™ve been trying to get my ceiling fan to turn on whenever my furnace fan turns on (using Webcore). After just installing this DTH, I donā€™t see a ā€œfan stateā€ listed in Smartthings. I have used the ā€œthermostatOperatingStateā€ with my other thermostat, but I found that the fan often runs when the the 'thermostatOperatingState" notes idle in Smarthings.

Thanks for your help!

With my Suite and any Ecobee thermostat, thermostatOperatingState will always indicate that the fan is on, EXCEPT when it says the thermostat is Idle. Unless, of course, your HVAC turns on the fan itself while the thermostat thinks it is still idle - usually this only happens if you let the HVAC control the fan, and the HVAC controller does a pre- or post-heating/cooling purge.

Note that thermostatOperatingState wonā€™t necessarily be recognized the moment the fan goes on - it should be picked up at the next poll cycle (which is why I run 1 minute polling frequency).

1 Like

Iā€™m also new to Ecobee 4 thermostat coming from a forced change from our beloved Nest. The HVAC burned it out ;( so Iā€™m still battling that battle. Anyway the Ecobee 4 is installed using the DH Ecobee thermostat. Will your Suite DH give me more options?

Itā€™s a great suite man, try it out

Yes, you will get a LOT more capabilities than you do from the SmartThings DTH.

And, you can actually install them both at the same time (following the instructions Very Carefully, of course), so you can run them side by side. But most of the incremental power is in the Helper SmartApps that come with the Suiteā€¦

Try it. The price is right, and you just might like it!

I have three SmartThings locations all with Ecobee thermostats and room sensors, Barryā€™s suite works great and he has provided incredible support when strange things happen. Each location uses the suite a bit different but being able to see occupancy, room temps, change the SmartThings mode based on Ecobee program or change the Ecobee Program based on SmartThings events is what makes a Smart Home.

2 Likes

Yep. Iā€™m using one ecobee to control the other and vice versa, and it is possible because of this suite. Iā€™m also using (via Webcore) calculations of wind speed and direction and outdoor temperatures to calculate the appropriate ā€˜offsetā€™ to ensure things remain comfortable.

For example, tonight with the local temp drops and high winds the main floor ecobee, which controls the heat throughout the home, will likely end up with a comfort setting (extr.cold) whose heatpoint is 73. This weekend, when exterior temps warm above 40 and winds die down, Webcore will choose the ā€œnorml wintrā€ comfort setting, whose heatpoint is 70. There are two other comfort settings (cold wntr, vcold wntr) to handle the variety of conditions.

2 Likes