[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, version: 1.5.*

Thanks for that. Just tested quiet time again. I have it setup so that the button turning off will start quiet time. So basically while the button is on, the HVAC is on.

I just tried setting quiet time now and captured the log from the helper app when it failed.

11:46:44 AM: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: statState for class: script_app_1080fbaaafddaef2f4ca0e989c50533bdf82cf38ff0eadd7c9bf93c9cc773424
Possible solutions: theState @line 201 (turnOnQuietTime)

Please see my updated message above…somehow the Community Platform lost my edits…

Ecobee Suite Quiet Time v1.5.02 fixes your second problem.

Sorry about these - somehow edits were not carried over to the repo when I updated to v1.5.*

And yes, that probably means nobody else is using these two at the moment…

Thanks! Sorry I’ve been away most of the day but I’ll update now and report back after I’ve had a chance to test.

1 Like

I have to re-sign in / authorize the Ecobee Suite smart app a few times a week. Is that normal?

I do this when I get into smartthings and it says all of my thermostat/sensor data is unavailable. As soon as I re-sign in all the data works again. For a day or two (or three).

No, this is not normal, but you are only the 2nd person to have reported this to me. I have taken many steps to ensure this is not an issue, but something strange appears to be going on…

To help me debug, can you please provide me with (via PM, preferrably):

• The vesion number of Ecobee Suite Manager and Ecobee Suite Thermostat that you are running.

• Live Logging for Ecobee Suite Manager that shows the first “error” - to do this you’ll have to run Live Logging continuously, and (hopefully) capture the initial error report. Ideally, set your debug level in Ecobee Manager Preferences to 5.

• Your physical location (City, state. country)

• Your Preferences settings (debug level, refresh frequency, decimal precision, etc.)

• Your device, and the version number of the SmartThings app that you are using

• Any other pertinent details (are you having intermittent internet access; do your Ecobee thermostats remain accessible via the Ecobee mobile app, etc.)

Finally, have you tried totally uninstalling and re-installing the entire Ecobee Suite?

Thanks - I’ll get to the bottom of this for you…it most definitely should not be happening…

Barry,

Defiantly something is up with Ecobee again. Three of folks I support in the Vera space also lost connectivity. Where the other 5 didn’t. I wonder if it’s account based?

I suspect that it is something to do with the Ecobee service - account or servers. Debugging so far seems to point to the user’s login authentication key being revoked by Ecobee, without notice or apparent reason. This is why the recovery code doesn’t work; the user has apparently been ‘logged out’ of the Ecobee servers.

That’s my working theory for now - hence the questions about location above…it might be related to which server one’s Ecobee API is being hosted upon…

I’ve been out of town, but it happened again this morning at 4:49am. I’ll try to figure out how to get the live logging for next time.

1. The version number of Ecobee Suite Manager and Ecobee Suite Thermostat that you are running.
  • The latest on GitHub, updated/checked Sunday. 1.5.00 on both Manager smartapp and thermostat handler.
  1. Live Logging for Ecobee Suite Manager that shows the first “error” - to do this you’ll have to run Live Logging continuously, and (hopefully) capture the initial error report. Ideally, set your debug level in Ecobee Manager Preferences to 5.
  • I’ll try to figure out how to get this for next time. Seems to happen every few days, so shouldn’t be long.
  1. Your physical location (City, state. country)
  • Boerne, TX, USA
  1. Your Preferences settings (debug level, refresh frequency, decimal precision, etc.)
  • Debug logging=2 [update: I changed this to 5 per your comment on live logging], polling interval=5 min, Decimal places=1
  1. Your device, and the version number of the SmartThings app that you are using
  • I have four Ecobee thermostats - Three “3” and one “3 Lite”. 11 sensors total (including the four thermostats).
  1. Any other pertinent details (are you having intermittent internet access; do your Ecobee thermostats remain accessible via the Ecobee mobile app, etc.)
  • Thermostats seem to be available via the Ecobee app every time I have tried it.

Another observation - when all of my thermostats/sensors show unavailable in the Things list. I can go into one and Refresh, and the “unavailable” goes away for a while, but it doesn’t actually update the value.

The only thing I have found that updates the value is to re-do the Ecobee API authorization.

@Jason_Bottjen

• Please try running your refresh cycle at 3 (or 2 or 1) minutes…I’m looking to see if I screwed up something that might cause the retries to fail because they are spaced too far apart…

• In preparation for (hopefully) catching the failure in Live Logging, please set your log-level to 5. This will maximize the error tracking…

• You’ll need to set up Live Logging running in a browser pretty much 24x7 so that it is collecting data when the problem occurs…

Thanks!
Barry

Got it. I’ll see what I can do to get the live log.

(Sorry for the delayed response)… Yes, I have it working in 2 locations with 5 different thermostats.

What problems are you experiencing?

Could you add “Enable only for certain modes or programs” to Smart Mode? I only want the app to be active if I’m Home. Thanks!

So you set this to run only while Home or Night modes…what should happen when ST changes to Away while the system has been set to Off Mode? What about other mode changes it may have made.

I guess the safe thing is to put it in Auto Mode, and hope that your Goodbye! routine sets an appropriate setpoint? I’d hate to get into a “If it’s Off when I leave, do this, but if its Heat when I leave do that, if it is Cool when I leave do something else, and if its Auto when I leave don’t do anything…” It is complicated by the fact that Off can also be Fan Circulate only (in effect)…

First off great app!! So much better than the stock Ecobee app!

Everything is working well for me except for quiet time. I’m on 15.02 and it just isn’t working with my house Fan switch. HVAC isn’t going to off when switch is on. So issue seems to be trigger I am guessing. My switch is Levitron.

Any one else having issues with quiet time on a
switch?

Thanks,
Brian

I am preparing a new release of the entire Suite - I’ll go double check that Quiet Time is working before I release it (you will be able to install on top of your existing installation).

Found the problem - new version coming up Very Soon.

With the release of Ecobee Suite v1.6.*, this thread is no longer active:

1 Like

Thanks for the update…it’s been working well over the last 2 days…

1 Like