[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, Version 1.2.*

Just did, doesn’t seem to have made a difference. I notice that it sends commands to change the fan on time, resume a program, or set a hold and it comes back with “returned false” immediately after.

OK, that usually means there is something wrong with the connection to the Ecobee Cloud. I’m near positive that nothing has changed recently to break all of those actions…but we’ll have to do a little debugging to be sure.

Could you please turn on Debug Level 5, and then capture the Live Log for both the thermostat device and Ecobee (Connect) at the time this occurs.

Also, please tell me what the Ecobee (Connect) app and the Thermostat DTH says is their respective version number on your mobile device.

Please PM me the above info - no need to fill this thread up with debugging discussions.

Thanks!

I haven’t heard back from you - is this still an issue for you?

Oops, I typed a reply and didn’t hit send! I used the Ecobee app to make an adjustment, and that must have done something because afterwards, everything was working within ST again.

Does the DTH provide access to Ecobee “Comfort Settings” and schedule?

My suite does allow you to select the thermostat’s programs/climates/comfort settings. Through the DTH UI you can change between Home/Away/Night (Sleep); programmatically you can select any program (climate) you’d like - both can be temporary, permanent, or timed/hourly. I also provide Helper SmartApps that can change the thermostat program when (for example) the SmartThings location mode changes.

It does not, however, implement the ability to create, modify or delete programs (climates).

Super. Thanks

Hi, I just wanted to pop in here to say thank you for this! I was looking for something to display my remote Ecobee sensor temperature in SmartThings and this does it.

1 Like

Anybody else have to reenter their ecobee login and the webpage times out?

1 Like

I think it’s ecobee tho, hopefully not down too long, does the thermostat stop heating my house? I can’t check and it’s really cold out

Yup I am having the same issue. The SA lost credentials and when I try to set it up the page in my ST app just sits there and does nothing.

The thermostat will still work as it is still in a mode. You can also download and run the ecobee app itself to get access.

Ecobee application no go also

This is what I get trying to login to the ecobee.com site:

So it’s definitely on the ecobee side and not ST or the SA.

Ecobee does go down from time to time.
Thankfully, the device itself is not web-dependent.

1 Like

Did you have any luck with this for v3? Ecobee’s API causing SmartThings to pop a notification that reauth is required is hurting the WAF.

If nothing else, changing the text of the notification might help, if it’s your code generating the text.

Well all my ecobee stuff went unavailable today, first time I’ve had to turn off device health to fix anything but that does work. Can’t get in through the ecobee app but I’m sure that’s on their end again.

I’m trying to fix it as we speak, since api.ecobee.com is timing out - I’ll try to handle that situation silently, and then hopefully recover when things come back on line fully…

1 Like

Turning off device health helped it not be unavailable but yeah it still displays odd temps, I’ll check in later, thanks for looking into this

This is because of the SmartThings platform outage last night which was causing TimeOuts trying to get data from the Ecobee cloud API server…