[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

This is a minor update to the Notifications Profile Module to fix bugs.

• Push messages not being sent - Fixed
  • Speaker volume not reporting correctly in logs - Fixed

Please update your Notifications Profile Module to:

• Version:4.0 R.0.2.4
1 Like

Can I get some help with changing colours on Philiops Hue bulbs please? I have setup a profile called LivingRoom which has Group Coloured Lights setup with 2 Philips Hue bulbs. I have created a profile with the name living room and in the intent schema and Sample Utterances the name is displayed as LivingRoom (the same as the app) and also the main intent LIST_OF_PROFILES has LivingRoom listed out.
When I enter the following test text: ā€˜change the colour blue in the LivingRoomā€™ I get an error message of:

{
ā€œresponseā€: {
ā€œoutputSpeechā€: {
ā€œtypeā€: ā€œPlainTextā€,
ā€œtextā€: "Sorry, I wasnā€™t able to change the color to change the color blue in the LivingRoom, would you like to try again? "
},
ā€œcardā€: {
ā€œcontentā€: "Sorry, I wasnā€™t able to change the color to change the color blue in the LivingRoom, would you like to try again? ",
ā€œtitleā€: ā€œEchoSistant Try Againā€,
ā€œtypeā€: ā€œSimpleā€
},
ā€œshouldEndSessionā€: false
},
ā€œsessionAttributesā€: {}
}

Any suggestions?

Forget about the testā€¦It looks like you were trying to test from the Main Skill. And also when controling Profiles, you donā€™t need to update anything on the Amazon side, no slots or utteranceā€¦

Just say: Alexa set (change) the color to blue in the Living Room

You can delete the list of profiles from your main custom skills.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

This is a ā€œFeatureā€ update for the Security Suite Module & a minor update to the Parent EchoSistant App

Please update Security Suite Module to: Version 4.0 R.0.0.3
Please update EchoSistant Parent app to: Version 4.0 R.0.2.11

EchoSistant minor change ~ Change SHM audio output from Armed Stay to Armed Home to match what is in mobile ST app.

!!!You can now control your Garage Door with your Keypad. This is tested using the Iris CentraLite Keypads.!!!
Thank you @Squidward for the idea.

Security Suite Module New Features include ~

• Up to 3 Users with Unique codes for garage doors
  • Each user can control a single garage door, or multiple garage doors
  • Receive a detailed Push Message when the door is opened and closed
  • Detailed logging of garage door opening and closing

How to use ~

• Enter 4 digit code
  • Press ā€œONā€ to open the garage door
  • Press ā€œOFFā€ to close the garage door

Logs and Push messages will look like this:

~~ If someone with a smart lock that has a keypad would test this and let me know if it works, it would be great.

Thank you,
Jason and Bobby

3 Likes

I love to read this!!! I honestly havenā€™t set up my echosistant yet due to not really having enough time but is there a way to use the garage door smart app you just posted without echosistant?

No, there isnā€™t. The Security suite is a child app of EchoSistant and will not run on its own. Sorry.

Notifications UPDATE!

• added ability to select which state you would like to be notified for each capability (For example: on, off, or both for switches; open, close, or both for contacts, etc)
  • added water and smoke Capabilities
  • added 10 NEW weather variables (&today, &tonight, &tomorrow, &wind, &UV, &precipitation, &humidity, &conditions, &high, &low
  • added date as general variable (&date)

Release 0.2.5 is available!

Security Suite Module UPDATE!

• minor bug fix for the Push Messages on Garage Door Opening being blank

Please update to Version:4.0 R.0.0.3a

If anyone has a smart lock with keypad, will you please check this and tell me if it works with them? I can only test this on the centralite keypads.

I actually got it to work without fully setting up the echosistant. I installed the main smart app and then the security child app. In the echosistant I created a profile and only selected my garage door as a device. Then I set up the security suite app. Would say error if I didnā€™t set up the keypad in all the areas not just the bottom part for garage. But in the end it works. Im assuming because its a child app I canā€™t see security suite app in my smartapps list after configured but I can find it if I just go to the smartapps tab on the keyoad itself.
Just thought I would share this with you.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks.

You do need to install the Messaging and Control Profile. That one is required and gives you a lot of power with the app.
You will not see the child apps in your list of apps.

You open the ST mobile App, tap on Automation at the bottom, then tap on SmartApps, then scroll down and tap on EchoSistant.

You access the child apps via the main EchoSistant app.

You only go to the list in the market place to install appsā€¦ not to create or modify child apps

Ya I have the echosistant parent app and the security suite and profile child apps. Love that you incorporated the keypad to do more than just SHM.

1 Like

Ok, I was thinking I had read your post wrongā€¦ no worries.

I did see another post from you in a different thread about having it control switches and things. I do like that idea.

We have some big things coming in the next week or so but I really like the idea of expanding on thisā€¦

Keep the ideas coming!

1 Like

Ya I was wondering what seperates it from a simple button press. I have read how individual presses donā€™t register but codes followed a setting like on or off do. Could be used for things like a mail Dropbox that unlocks to last 4 digest of package number and then relocks when closed and code is burned. I was wondering if you would be willing to share how you changed the code to allow garage doors at all? Was hoping to modify the original lock manager code to integrate into codes I already have set up. Just thought I would ask.

I can actually set it up so that you can use anywhere from a single digit to 8 digits for the code. I will expand it to run routines, other child apps in Echosistant, and switches, and possibly other devices. Itā€™s going to take some time to do that as there are a couple of other thing ahead of itā€¦ give a week or so.

I have reached out to @ethayer, since this is actually his original code that he has graciously allowed me to modify and embed into Echosistant. If he wishes to add it in, that is up to himā€¦ but, you can look at the security suite module code in your API and see everythingā€¦ it starts around line 970.

2 Likes

Do your thing!! Thanks for the prompt responses and amazing work!! People like you are what makes this community awesome! Thanks again and keep up the great stuff!! Iā€™ll be watching and updating my system as you make more updates.

2 Likes

Found another ā€œfeatureā€ - EchoSistant Sass

ā€œAsk Home for the forecastā€
ā€œNullā€

ā€œAsk Home for the weatherā€
ā€œThe forecast is ā€¦ā€

Nothing came up in the live logging for the ā€œforecastā€ request.

Also one of my profiles is asking for prompts to continue, and I canā€™t seem to disable it. I know Iā€™ve done it on other profiles, but I canā€™t find the setting anymoreā€¦

Thanks for feedback I will try to replicate and will fixā€¦

Look under Output Message Settings. Disable conversation

Found it.

The option doesnā€™t appear if you donā€™t have an output device configured.

1 Like