[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

Actually yes, lannouncer works wonderfully with EchoSistant… I use it every day!

1 Like

@Cody_Farmer … just how flexible the app is, my favorite is…

Alexa, is the garage door open in My Home?

Alexa understands both and EchoSistant delivers the response needed…

My suggestion to you is, push EchoSistant as much as you can, you’d be surprised on how many ways you can ask the same question and get the right answer.

1 Like

Just wondering if someone might be able to help. I have a Netatmo weather station setup and working in ST. In the EchoSistant app I have outdoor temperature configured as using the Netatmo Garden device however when I look at my list of devices I can’t see this in the list (as generated from the SmartApp and therefore in the Alexa LIST_OF_DEVICES). Also, when I say something like ‘Alex, ask home what is the temperature in the garden’ Alexa responds ‘The indoor temperature is X’. If I ask ‘Alex, what is the temperature outdoors’ Alexa responds what the lowest temperature has been, what the highest temperature has been and what the current temperature is however these temperatures are not what Netatmo has recorded for the day or showing up now. Being as I have a Netatmo, I don’t want to have the temperature use a generic temp for my area but want it to use my own devices. Any suggest to use the Netatmo reported settings? Even if its just what the current temperature is I would be happy

Thanks

1 Like

I’m sending you a PM

If you selected your device as the indoor sensor, then the reading should be from your station

Likewise for the outdoor. The low and high is coming from the Weather Underground but current temp come from your sensor. If your station is capable of delivering highs and lows I should be able to add that as an option to enable readings from local stations when selecting the outdoor sensor.

What device handler does your station uses?

I invited you on the pm.

Just add the station to another category beside indoor/outdoor sensor. I must have forgotten to collect those. Maybe Battery…that should take care for now…

I tried adding it to the Battery options but it didn’t show. The only place, apart form outdoor temperature devices, was indoor temperature devices so I have added it there too. Unfortunately that didn’t seem to work though when asking for ‘Alexa, ask home what is the netatmo garden temperature’ and the response is the indoor temperature is 20 :frowning: Let me know if there is anything else you want me to help out with

Thanks

Hello Everyone…

I’ve added a new section to the Wiki. I have seen some talk lately about Individual Room Control with your Echo’s and Dot’s. While we still can’t submit a single Echo to a single room location, we can come very close.

Follow the Link below to the Newest section of the EchoSistant Wiki…

How-To - Individual Room Control Configuration

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant#Room_Control_-_How-to_Configure

1 Like

Any idea why at Slot Type creation, Amazon spins perpetually, saying
Please wait while this Alexa skill is updated… ? (see bottom of pic)

What did I do wrong? Thank you!

Yeah… because Amazon likes to be a Royal PIA…

when it does that… just refresh the page and start over. Sometimes the info is there… sometimes it’s not.

3 Likes

i have a CoRe piston that is triggered when my window sensors get breached.

i have achieved
-getting sms, push notifications (through CoRe)
-triggering my Dome Siren to both sound off an alarm and strobe

what i want to add/integrate is a Notification profile where my sonos like speaker plays “barking dogs” sound to make a potential intruder think i have dogs in the house.

i can create the Notification profile fine but cant seem to integrate it to my CoRe piston or vice versa…

is this something i can achieve?

Does the ‘breaching’ have logic in the Piston as to what constitutes a trigger? The Notification Profile is trigger based too…You can have the dogs bark when the sensor opens…

The current integration with CoRE is only one way. EchoSistant is a trigger in CoRE.

That is correct. ES profiles are triggers in CoRE.

Have you looked at the security function of EchoSistant?

Look at sections 5.6.2 and 10.4

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant

i think this is what it translates to?

one strange thing is i the House Breached piston is supposed to trigger if window sensors open and MODE IS EITHER AWAY OR VACATION… right now none of the MODEs is true but i hear the dogs barking!

i was pretty sure nothing else would trigger the dogs bark i.e. motion sensors which i initially included as a test but removed it when i got the result i wanted. (it was easier to wave my hand on a sensor than going down to the basement opening and closing a window.)

i have since removed the the Away,Vacation-armed notification profile (echosistant) and i havent heard the dogs bark yet… so some “ghosting” on the coding?

will browse over it now…

thanks guys… ive had better luck with notification profiles than Messaging and Control profiles so far…

Did you set up the restrictions in the profile?

Remember, those restrictions are for WHEN the actions CAN occur.

before anything else let me extend my utmost thank you to you @bamarayne, @SBDOBRESCU for making #echosistant as pleasant (less painful) of an experience as possible for us who are really not programming,coding savvy.

i just noticed when looking at LIVE LOGGING and wow…everything is in there now! i remember staying up till 2am with you guys assistance just figuring out what should be at line 30 and what the proper api address should be… now, none of that problem! kuddos to you guys and more power…

i may have found my demise on why i am not having any better luck with Messaging and Control Profile. i did not have the updated LIST_OF_DEVICES and LIST_OF_CONTROLS. i have long added more to the list… so im crossing my fingers… and hopefully tonight is the night…one more free night for me and im back to the real word called “WORK TO LiVE” world after tomorrow… :frowning:

1 Like

What kind of problems did you run into with the Messaging and Control Profiles, or what didn’t work like you wanted to?

i can never get to replicate this …

this is what i always get…and no output on my speaker

cant get this result either