[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

Is really nothing to it, the appid and token come straight from ide. Make sure you have the single quotes. The tricky part is getting that path right. Other than that, make sure you copied the entire Lambda with all the begining and ending brackets.

Odd question but when I first put the lambda code in do I leave the pre text thatā€™s already there and past on line 4 after the brackets or to I start on line 5 to begin the initial paste of the code.

You copy and paste everything, then change line 30 to exactly what I sent you in the pm

2 Likes

Thought/question.

Right now I can run a profile by saying ā€˜Run xxxx Profileā€™.

The linguistics of this is somewhat ā€˜awkwardā€™.

Is there a way to execute a profile by using the word scene or some other verbiage.

We can add what ever trigger you want, as long as there is a key word attached. The only reason we cannot enable direct triggering (Alexa tell Home to run Profile) is because some people also have devices using the Profile names. So, if you give me a list of key words, I will add themā€¦(or examoles of how you would like to call out a Profile from the Main Home)

So if I am sitting down to watch a movie, for example, I would like to say ā€œAlexa, start the family movie sceneā€?

Well what would be the Profile name and the Skill connector?

Alternatively, how about ā€¦Alexa start the movie scene in the Living room ?

Thatā€™s fine as well!

Iā€™ll try that out. I got your pm and that looks good. I just need to replace line 30 with that. And replace my token ID and Stapp ID in between the ā€™ symbols and I should be good right? I have time at work today, shhhh lol, so as long as I can complete this away from home and hubs. Iā€™ll do official testing when I get home.

yes you can do it anywhereā€¦

replace the token ID and stapp id just like it says in the wiki

replace line 30 with what I sent you

I pushed a minor update to alleviate the pain of identifying the correct path to the API. When generating the token in ide, the 3 Lambda variables are now displayed in the correct format for copy/paste into Lambda code (lines 28,29 and 30)

If you had to change the path to the API and got it working, could you please confirm that details displayed in ide match the change you had to make in the Lambda code, when you first installed EchoSistant? This will ensure that new users will have a better experience. Thanks for your help!

This is how the live logging looks when activating the token ā€¦

1 Like

@SBDOBRESCU I have just update the SmartApp and tested this - all working correctly and displaying the right website for me - Iā€™m a UK user so donā€™t use the default address in the Lambda code:

var url= ā€˜https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/ā€™ + STappID + ā€˜/ā€™ ;

1 Like

Thank you James, appreciate the quick feedback!

On an echo-by-echo basis. I donā€™t want my sonā€™s infernal world-domination plans to interfere with mine.

1 Like

Small updateā€¦ Release R.0.2.7 is live. Among other performance improvements, the update has:

a fix for garage doors that have stopped working following the introduction of window coverings.

also you can now open the list of devices and the list of controls in a browser, to avoid the ide issue of truncating the log entries for people with a lot of devices. Thank you @tonesto7 for pointing that out.

Success. Thanks for all the help with the install. Iā€™ve learned a lot throuought this process. Now that I have this successfully installed with greater knowledge of aws, ide, developer options, what should be my next step? I donā€™t have sonos and at one point I was able to successfully installed big talker. Is that a good route to go if I want playback functions as well. Iā€™ve deleted every app in my ide to start over real clean. Echosistant is the first and only app as of right now. Things I want would be to ask ā€œjarvisā€ how hot or cold it is inside my house via whatever sensor, whats open or closed and just general statuses. Run routines with a delayed action. Garbage day reminders every two weeks. I have multiple echos in my house and I saw that you can tell your kid to get out the shower lol, I want that. I use echos in my bathrooms so can I ask jarvis from my bedroom and tell my kid in his bathroom through his echo devise? Is ā€œask alexaā€ needed if I have this app or are they different in other ways. Iā€™m at work right now so Iā€™ll do some true testing later but everything seems to be working, canā€™t wait to get home and talk to a computer, lol.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The hardest part is over :smile:
You can achieve most of what you want using EchoSistantā€¦

I am actually working on this, and a lot more recurring remindersā€¦ Right now you can set x days to replace your HVAC filters from the Main app and any free text one time reminders from a Profile. Soon you will be able to schedule recurring remindersā€¦

Sure, you can flash the lights or just turn them offā€¦But echo is unable to deliver instant audio messages to a different echo. Only record and play back. To have intercom like messaging, you will need a Sonos like device in the bathrooms.

I will let others speak on this one, as my opiniom would be totally biased lol ā€¦

Congratulations Cody!
Welcome to a whole new experience with your Echo Devices.

No, you do NOT need to install Ask Alexa to use EchoSistant, they are completely independent of each other. If you are wanting some great reports about your home, then AA will help. But, EchoSistant can definitely do what you are wanting. EchoSistant gives you great feedback about your home without having to make complex configurationsā€¦ Do you want to know if the garage door is closed? Just say, Alexa, ask home is the garage door closed.

Or my favoriteā€¦ Alexa, ask home to tell me about the garage door.

To send the voice messagesā€¦ telling your son to get out of the showerā€¦ you will need a connected speakerā€¦ as in connected to ST, not to the Echo.

This is unfortunately a limitation that is set by Amazon.

If there are things you find you want to do with EchoSistant, let us knowā€¦ we are always looking for new and exciting features.

3 Likes

Even with LaNouncer