[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

Good to know…glad the metric system works… Enjoy! Let me know if I missed something…

The main intent works perfectly to start harmony activities, but when I go to use the profiles it will say the activity is starting but nothing is changing in the harmony app or in smartthings. The harmony logs posted below are showing an error due to timeout. Posted also are the logs for the profile and the logs just for the harmony activity.

Could you please try again? I thought I found a bug, but there isn’t one. It appears that the server had a hiccup…(not really sure which server… Harmony’s cloud or SmartThings - I had the same problem when I first tried, but now I’ve tried it from 5 different profiles and all worked fine) Let me know how it goes for you…

No, still getting the error. 2e730005-6f9f-473c-a747-c5b74657a242 4:12:24 PM: error Harmony - response has error: Failed to complete. Message was: Read timeout to home.myharmony.com/34.199.181.8:443 of 20000 ms

I also tried uninstalling the Harmony connect app and reinstall that had no change either. The Harmony also will work perfectly if i select the activity in smartthings and turn it on.

It now works I think the issue was with the smartthings hub was out of sync with what the harmony was doing. Once I started the activity in the harmony app and then told the smartthings bedroom hub to update it worked.

1 Like

I think it was a combination…a slow server too, because I had the same problem at first when you reported it, and I had no problem using it before. Glad is working for you now :slight_smile:

One step at the time (but I think Amazon has this one on their to do list, already) :smile: I just trained Alexa to open/close blinds in x minutes. ECHO 1 , GH 0…

@JDogg016 thanks for testing!

… I setup basic echosistant on my last dot yesterday. Haven’t used it yet. Might PM you later today because I am slightly confused about a few things.

1 Like

Any time… I know getting started could be onerous…

So I can’t get past testing. How do I go back in confirm I’m on the right shard without deleting the steps I’ve done. Or what else am I doing wrong. I’ve installed step by step.

When you log into the ide, do you have to log in twice before you see your devices?

You just have to go into the lambda and change the url, no need to delete anything.

Just follow the steps in the lambda section and let me know what else you need

No work should go to waste :slight_smile: No need to delete anything, everything can be updated … Check line 30 in Lambda code to make sure the path to API matches the path you get to your location in IDE …

yes I have to log in twice and am familiar with why. I kinda figured that’s where I need to look at. so I just need to make sure in the lambda code I’m on shard 2 which is the second log in on my ide. I haven’t looked but once I go into the lambda code I should see the wrong path I’m guessing and if I correct that on line it should correct itself?

ya I found the lambda code and it was in fact wrong. I know what my correct root is but not sure I put it in correctly so now of course I’m all messed up. I don’t want to post mine but is there a good fast easy place to my correct Stapp. cut and paste info

Here is an alterantive format…

var url=‘https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/’ + STappID + ‘/’ ;

FYI

It’s ok to pist the path, if you cannot figure out, or PM @bamarayne and myself and we will get you started

1 Like

cool thank you. I put that line of code in and looks good but I did reset my app and token Id away from home and hub. will that make a difference? can I do all this away from home? I can’t get a positive save like when I first started. all my issues are in this 3 lines of code. jeez just installing these apps I think raised my iq lol. probably not cause I get them finalized. lol

Yes, location where you refresh or update the app doesn’t matter. What matters is to update everything accordingly. If you have a new token, than Lambda code must be updated.

Your Lambda session may have timed out. You do need to refresh your token now, as you exposed it on the public forum.

yes I will. I wasn’t sure if I could. it’s been reset. I’m just trying to get theses 3 lines of code correct. I know how to reset and where to get this info but I think I might be inputting the line in correctly.