[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

@bamarayne has been teasing people that he’ll record one. Maybe he’ll do it now? :smile:

1 Like

And, as I read it. It is using Sonos or other speaker as an output in a different room, and the echo as the voice correct? So, if i want a two way intercom, i’m going to need a Echo and Sonos in the different rooms is that correct?

1 Like

That’s one way of using it. You can also record a message on an Alexa enabled device in one room and retrieve the message in a different room.

Yes it has a capability for Window Shade.

Perfect, I’ll add a new category so you can use your curtains the way you should :smile:

Thank You!

EchoSistant has been tempting me to go back to Alexa for quite some time. I would… but the biggest annoyance for me right now:

Me: "Alexa, What’s the weather?"
Alexa: "The weather in Seattle, Washington is…"
Me: Sigh… “Alexa, What’s the weather in Toronto, Canada?”

:grimacing:

1 Like

That’s just another reason to install EchoSistant… but wait till I finish the celsius :smile: My biggest annoyance with Alexa weather was…Alexa what’s the temperature outside…Alexa: currently in Glen Allen is sunny with 50% chance of rain…

I replaced most of my dots with GH right now. Might switch back. On the fence currently.

Our new weather features are awesome and Bobby is making them better.

1 Like

I went the opposite way…Alexa is far more trainable than GH … And you can really do a lot of tricks with it, that would take GH 10 years to implement

1 Like

True, but Google Home understood me better and also not having to always say my location to get context aware information was a plus. I just wish I could trigger them with “Jarvis” :joy:

1 Like

Speaking of weather alerts, can you do this with your GH?

“Alexa do you have a weather update? Alexa: yes, the chance of rain changed to 80% at 4:40 PM”

Alexa via EchoSistant will be able to say that…very soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

They really need a Drool emoticon cause that’s drool worthy for me anyway.

Haven’t stayed up to date with Alexa in a while, but do the dots or echo have the ability to play music across multiple devices as well as not answer on multiple devices when you are talking to them from a location that can activate 2 or 3 at the same time?

1 Like

Not yet…

Yes, and is working very well, I have an Echo and a Dot pretty close to each other. You see the ring glowing, but only the closest device reacts…

1 Like

I think I’ll switch back once music can be played across multiple devices as well. Pretty much my entire family uses it and I am pretty sure FAF will go down the drain if I take that away.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Introducing a new feature: Virtual Person Presence (brought to you by user request)

You can now create a Virtual Presence Sensor from within an EchoSistant Profile. You can use this for your family members that do not have presence sensors or phones, but you still want automations for them.

Create your Virtual Person for Little Timmy and when he gets home from school, he can tell your home, Alexa, tell home to check in Little Timmy.

Use the Virtual Device in your CoRE and other automations to control what you want.

Please see the EchoSistant Wiki here for full instructions:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant#Virtual_Presence_Check_in_and_out

For a successful update you must do this:

• Update the Parent App
  • Update the Messaging and Control Child App
  • Install the Virtual Presence device type handler in the IDE
  • Update the Amazon AWS custom slots
2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply, I figured out the issue with the Harmony activities as I had to start the activity for Echosistant to save the state initially. As for the lights am I able to say “turn on accent light in the kitchen” and just have the accent light come on or is it only capable of doing everything that is a part of the profile? The logs are printed below.

Glad you figured the activities. Actually, the rule is to turn off an activity with EchoSistant in order to turn on the same activity next time…(works the same in both, the Main app and Profiles)

As for accent light, the Profile is unaware of your list of devices. It only knows groups. You may try to create a custom group on and call it accent light. I did that with my bedroom tv outlet and is working well…

For future ref… This is the EchoSistant log. The Profile has its own, with what actions it took based on your message…