[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

Ok. Re added the devices and the command enable turns on the curtains which turns the curtains on…

Now in my house the curtains physically close when on and open when off. This seems backwards but that is the way it works.

Oooops! My bad. I’ll fix that. The word ‘Windows’ contains ‘wind’. .

We don’t want awkward commands in ES…So I’ll see what I can do. Does your device have “windowShade” capability? It would be just easy to add a new group on the “Select Devices” page that handles windows coverings…

Which location? I haven’t been able to get a location into my api postal code…

But if I pull up the hub settings in my android/iphone apps, the map is in the correct location.

1 Like

Sooo… Been trying to upgrade… I know, I said upgrade… I’ve just been replacing code and everything rather than re-create everything since it would be a LOT to re-create… Main intent checks out fine, but my profile’s I keep getting this error when testing…

“response”: {
“outputSpeech”: {
“type”: “PlainText”,
“text”: "Oh no, something went wrong. If this happens again, please reach out for help!, would you like to try again? "
},
“card”: {
“content”: "Oh no, something went wrong. If this happens again, please reach out for help!, would you like to try again? ",
“title”: “EchoSistant Try Again”,
“type”: “Simple”
},
“shouldEndSession”: false
},
“sessionAttributes”: {}
}

Also, in the app it lists the number of profiles I had before, but doesn’t actually show any profiles when I drill in. If I create a new one with the same name as a previously created profile I don’t get an error and the one I create does show up in the list, but…? Any help? :slight_smile:

This is why you can’t upgrade to Version 4.0. We performed a complete overhaul of the app, which would prevent this type of thing from happening again.

You need to log in to the IDE, click on Locations, click on Installed smartapps, click on EDIT in the top right corner. Scroll down to EchoSistant and start deleting all of your old Profiles.

Thank you very much for the quick response. Will do.

1 Like

Oh, ok, I see…Please update the Main app to Version:4.0 R.0.2.2. Then go into the “Default” page and scroll all the way down…You can overwrite the hub settings :slight_smile: Again, the weather for Celsius is not really ready…I hope to get that done over the weekend…So be aware that (some) weather features may not sound or may not work at all …

Ok, I’ve removed all the profiles and re-created one, but when I try to send a message it just comes back and says 'congratulations, your echosistent is now setup properly. Is there anything else I can do"?

Nevermind, disregard my last. It’s working now.

Thanks!

lol… Ok… I hope you enjoy the new app

Use it as our home intercom, so spinning everything back up, but we have been loving it. Thanks for all the hard work!

1 Like

I think you’re really going to enjoy Version 4.0.

Check out the Wiki and look at the List of Commands… it only touches the surface of what it can do.

Some of the features aren’t working on release. This is outrageous. Echo, fetch me my pitchfork. /s

Nah, I’m glad to be testing the limits of your app.

Also, I’ve changed my invocation name for the main intent to “Please”. See how that flow helps when I get home tonight… That should work well combined with the suggestions from @tommyincville for “No Thanks” to end the conversation commands.

1 Like

I haven’t been using the celsius/metric in 20 years. I am surprised that (some) people still using those…So it slipped out of my mind to give them some attention…Wait the minute, it should be the other way around, shouldn’t? C’mon US catch up with the rest of the world…lool

1 Like

ha! not a chance! I can’t stand metric!

2 Likes

Let me try it this way

Me: Alexa ask home to turn on TV light
Alexa: OK, turning on TV light
Me: Thank you
Alexa: end

Does this make sense?
Rick

It is selected as a device

Rick

Point taken…Updated the release note:

Announcing the EchoSistant Weather 2.0 - FOR IMPERIAL SYSTEM ONLY. The Metric System is under construction.

IF YOU ARE using the IMPERIAL SYSTEM, this is the weather updates service you’ll ever need :smile:

Is there a video example of this working especially the two way intercom? I would to see how it works before setting all of this up?