[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

am not sure “run the test from the skill” means… sorry…

Sorry, this…

are you running your test from the lambda or from the main intent skill on the test tab?

according to that screenshot, you’re up and running

Thank you! I am sure up and running…that was my screenshot…loooool

2 Likes

oh geesh… Ima dork

2 Likes

its different from the GUIDE screenshot

lol…appreciate your help very much … just excited to get this going since wife is also enjoying all this automation… ill get a free pass for this project… z wave plus devices that is! dont get any other ideas…

1 Like

awesome… it’s great when everyone is on board.

are you able to send messages and control your devices?

Ok, let’s make your wife happy, mine is waiting for me to get you all set up…See my PM

1 Like

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

This is a minor bug fix update to the “Messaging and Control Profile Child App”

The fixes problem with the custom groups not working as dimmers or not working at all.

Please update your software

Hi @bamarayne,

Just now getting back to finishing my setup

I’m on step 9 of the main intent. Made sure all code is current from GitHub and my first test to turn on/off a light from my device list works fine

The next test, “this is a test” in the service simulator shows me “unable to generate the request for your skill” If I enter “this is a test of the main intent” my labmada code does not show “congratulations” but instead shows the following

If I then say “Alexa, tell Home this is a test”, she wakes up and then all I get is a gong sound

What am I missing?
Rick

Tell her turn some lights on and off

Jason,

She will do that, so now my question is this, since she has already discovered all my ST devices, she did that anyway before EchoSistant. In my case, I have a light called TV Light, works fine. How can I test to ensure that EchoSistant is working or she is doing it as a result of knowing about the light from the ST integration?

Thanks, Rick

Edit, FYI, I still haven’t gotten past building and testing the main intent in the Wiki

Finally got around to playing with the thermostat naming to try and make it more smooth before I try and train the wife… while my thermostat is set to 20 degrees (Celsius):

Me: “Tell Home, make it warmer in {Thermostat name}”
Alexa: “Setting {Thermostat Name} heating to 60 degrees”
Me: “…”

Set the thermostat back to 20 C, and try again:

Me: “Tell Home, make it warmer in {Thermostat name}”
Alexa: “Setting {Thermostat Name} to 21 degrees”

Thats not quite right manually set it back to 20 C, try again:

Me: “Tell Home, Its too cold in {Thermostat name}”
Alexa: “Setting {Thermostat Name} heating to 60 degrees”

Still not right not quite right:

Me: “Tell Home, Make it colder in {Thermostat name}”
Alexa: “Turning on AC and setting {Thermostat Name} cooling to 60 degrees”

I don’t have AC, and even if I did, 60 degrees is way too high. Thankfully the thermostat temperature ranges are set for 9-32, and “cooling” is disabled…

1 Like

Sorry the celsius is not currently supported. I opened a ticket in GitHub to remember to get it done. Not sure if I get to it tomorrow… 60 is the low temperature protection for the Fahrenheit settings in case Alexa misses a number. (With high of 85)

1 Like

Our apologies, we will get you taken care of as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Hi Rick. When you type into the test, turn on . The device turns on?

If yes, you are good to go. Go ahead and continue the install. Work your way slowly through the wiki, not skipping a single step.

Fair enough, let me know if you need any testing. I’ll leave the thermostat name as the default convoluted string for now then…

@bamarayne No problem. This setting is more for continuity of control. I already have the native nest integration through alexa as our usual method of voice control on this thermostat. Just thought the behaviour was weird.

I do have three stelpro baseboard thermostats on order that I’m looking forward to being able control via profiles eventually. That will be the one that really gets wife-approval next fall/winter.

2 Likes

Jason, I will get through this, even if it kills me, or you LOL
When creating my first Profile, Dirt Room, no matter how I configure it, I get an error

I have tried it as a single word, first letter upper, all lower, spaces… I used your example of Hall Bath and no luck

The ONLY change to the Intent Schema is that you will copy and paste your PROFILE NAME EXACTLY AS IT IS SPELLED
IN THE ECHOSISTANT SMART APP. IT MUST BE ONLY ONE WORD. So, Hall Bath is typed HallBath (no spaces).

Help please
Rick