[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

Running into an error getting the list of devices from the Echosistant app - only when I configure my Kodi device as a Media Controller. It works for my Harmony Hub. The IDE error is

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘value’ on null object @ line 3725

This problem has been noted earlier in the thread. Neither one of have Kodi and could not test. The app has been specifically written around the Harmony…

Please PM @sbdobrescu and myself and we can work on fixing this, but we will need your help with testing and troubleshooting.

Yeah, we ran into this with @diehllane . I looked at the handler and there are no ‘activities’ . You can use Kodi as Media Player for all of its attributes…

2 Likes

Was just going to say that it seems to work as a Media Player… Thanks!

3 Likes

I was looking at the Broadlink RM earlier because, well, I bought one just because…
And you guys will get off easily with that one as everything gets set up as a switch, rather than using activities for a media controller.

2 Likes

Let me know what you think about controlling your hubs. The main reason I put media controller was for Harmony, but I thought there are others that may be using the capability and its attributes.

In case you need some insight of what EchoSistant can do with your hubs, check this post…

OK, I’ve solved my inability to get Alexa to run actions from my profiles. She now does everything I ask her to do as set up in the app profile: Alexa, tell garden to turn on lights. Alexa, tell garden I’ll be home in 10 minutes (thats as far as I’ve got with this test profile at the moment - I’ll try other stuff too)

I can’t be sure the following change was the fix, as I created the profile from scratch in the Amazon Developer Console, rather than editing my existing profile.

But the only difference this time was to select the ‘correct’ language. (Before it was the default US English)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Glad is working!

Hi guys.
I’m getting an error message ‘Unable to generate request for your skill’ when I test the main intent. I’ve double checked all settings 3 times so fairly sure everything is set… the only thing I am unsure about is the lambda settings. I am using the Ireland server and am getting an error there too… ‘Process exited before completing request’. Not sure if that’s significant or not. I was running Version 3 without problems but since I wiped everything and upgraded to 4.0 I am getting these errors… Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
John.

Please try anything but the example in the Wiki to test the Main intent. Try turn device name off, or how many lights are on, or something else…

That’s ok, is not really an error…

Thanks Bobby,

When I try Turn off Bedroom Light or How many lights are on i get:

{
“response”: {
“outputSpeech”: {
“type”: “PlainText”,
“text”: "Sorry, I heard that you were looking for feedback on something but Echosistant wasn’t able to help, , would you like to try again? "
},
“card”: {
“content”: "Sorry, I heard that you were looking for feedback on something but Echosistant wasn’t able to help, , would you like to try again? ",
“title”: “EchoSistant Try Again”,
“type”: “Simple”
},
“shouldEndSession”: false

Ok, the good part is that you are all set! Everything is working… :smile:

The response yiu get is because EchoSistant couldn’t match or find any light switches. Have you made any device selections in the Main Home Control section?

Yes all my devices show there… I seem to be making slight progress…
If i type “Turn Bedroom Light On” it doesn’t work, but if I type “Turn Bedroom On” it does…
But if I try “Turn Hallway On” or “Turn Front Porch On” they don’t work… so some do and some dont! (I have about 20 lights)
Surely if one works they all should!! And should i be able to say light in the sentence?

Not really sure what you meant by this…can you please elaborate…

I remember @jasonrwise77 pointed that out a while ago, but I don’t remember if I fixed it. I am checking on it now, and you may need to update the utterance file…

Same utterance missing…as the “Bedroom Light On”

Ok so adding this utterance seems to now work…

main turn {cCommand} the {cDevice} Light

As my lights are named Dining Room, Bedroom, Lounge etc in smartthings, it feels more natural to say Turn off the Bedroom Light rather than Turn off Bedroom…

Do you think it would be simpler if I renamed all my lights in smartthigns so they have ‘Light’ at the end?

Really appreciate your help with this…

1 Like

Question about profiles: If my profile does not involve TTS speakers, am I still required to create an intent using AWS or can I just create a new profile within the smart app?

Let me test it and see how it affects my switches (all of mine have the light in them) :slight_smile:

Did you add the

main turn {cDevice} Light {cCommand} ? Or did you see it in there?

I added it…

Great, was that it…to solve your “Turn Hallway On” or “Turn Front Porch On” …problem?