[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 3.16 with Alexa Feelings

All users of EchoSistant - please see this notice.

NOTE!!!
ANYONE THAT UPGRADED OR INSTALLED BETWEEN 12:00 PM CST 24 DEC 2016 - 1:25 PM 25 DEC 2016 MUST UPDATE THE GROOVY CODE AND THE LAMBDA CODE. A GLITCH OCCURRED WHEN I MADE THE LAST UPLOAD AND BOTH FILES WERE CORRUPTED. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Yes I can!

It’s fixed now. You need to recopy the code.

It works now thanks.

FYI> In your awesome wiki you have a missed step

1. Highlight, copy, and past the ARN into Notepad on your computer. You will need this later, a lot. Save it.

Before this is the review page that you do not have a screenshot for. Not a big deal but it is another step before you get to the photo after step 10.

1. In Step 9. Main Intent Skill - Create / 6 - Amazon will not allow you to add a Custom Slot Type without adding something into the Value. But you said you will add this later in the wiki
2 Likes

Please let us know how it works. We haven’t test it on either type of devices…

I will fix this asap

1 Like

While you do that, what should I put into field for LIST_OF_PROFILES?

Start with the word none.

Once you build your profiles, add them in

1 Like

Thanks That works.

Hopefully this is the last question.

No worry about questions… we welcome them all as it helps us improve the app…

Your talking about Pioneer receiver right? Tell me about how the system is set up please.

@SBDOBRESCU I think this might be up your alley.

It is a VSX-1022. It has a OS on it to manage the speakers, bass, settings etc. So when I did the test, it worked but it changed the input from the movie I was watching to the OS. It spoke the test phrase (cool) but when it was completed it didnt return to its previous input and movie.

Further, it also stopped the movie we were watching (via Plex for AndroidTV).

Yup see couple of posts above. That’s why I am not using mine. Too busy doing other things than trying to figure out how to switch back the inputs, or better yet, not to interfere with the video…

BREAKING NEWS: another milestone achieved. New feature will be published soon as update to v3…and you will LOVE IT!

1 Like

I had to go on my own journey… :joy:

Well, I’m curios…

To the users out there…

What do you think of version 3?
What do you think of the app overall?

1 Like

I did the upgrade today… the wiki is great, I had no issues. Everything works as expected, excellent work! The conversational approach is definitely an option that Echo was missing.

My wife still gets a little confused when to use the native integration, Ask Alexa and when to use Echosistant. I think that’s mostly because I have not set everything up perfectly yet.

Great job!

1 Like

Super Awesome! Glad you to got it all updated… I know it’s a lot of work with the Major Version updates… but it is definitely worth it…

Just a Version 4 teaser… you won’t be able to tell what is Native Alexa and what is EchoSistant!

@SBDOBRESCU … yep… I just put you on the spot!

1 Like

Hmmmm…

hey… I’m the idea guy… I’m great at ideas… lol

1 Like

…a version 5 teaser you won’t even need to say Alexa…the lights will just magically turn on when you walk into the room…Hold on a second, SmartThings got that covered already. Scratch plan, scratch the plan!

bwahahahahah