[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 3.16 with Alexa Feelings

I wouldn’t say it’s “all into one word”, but there is no pause between
"Incoming Message" (pre-message) and my spoken message. I am not using a
speech synthesizer with my sonos speakers.

Ok. Try this…

Attention, attention. This is the message.

Put in the period and then two spaces plus proper capitalization.

I’m using the Samsung Radiant360 R1’s. No speech synthesizer. EchoSistant V2.0.1

Oh… The R1… Yeah… Lots of problems with those being reported.

The speech model is entirely different in version 4. I used to see that problem on mine in version 3, but I thought I had fixed it…

Every new problem that is popping up lately has been o.k. The R1 speakers.

I’ll see what I can do.

Version 3 handles better, but version 4 due to release later this week, handles a lot better than 3. So I would wait a few days and then update. And speaking of update…

1 Like

Teaser Alert # 2

Let there be Hue Light…scenes that is

Me: Alexa I am reading in the Bedroom
Alexa: Ok, setting the Reading Scene

Me: Alexa, I am relaxing in the Living Room
Alexa: Ok, setting the Relax Scene

And a bonus for all googlers!

Me: Alexa I am feeling lucky in the Bedroom :wink:
Alexa: Ok, setting your lights to random colors, but you need to bring the Champagne!

1 Like

Holy crapola! Update man update!

1 Like

I was ready to until I read that V4 is just around the corner. Unless I need v 3 to go to v4 I can wait.

You don’t need v3 to update to v4

1 Like

Teaser Alert # 3

Let there be less repeating and more doing!

BEFORE: with Native Alexa Integration:

First try…
Me: Alexa open the garage door
Alexa: That command doesn’t work on that device

Second try…
Me: Alexa turn on the garage door
Alexa: I found more than one device, which one did you want?

Third try…me pushing the physical button to open the garage door

AFTER: with EchoSistant v4

First try…
Me: Alexa open the garage door in my home
Alexa: I heard door, but I wasnt able to take any actions, try again?
Me: open the garage door
Alexa : Ok

EchoSistant v4 is ‘smart’ enough to tell me that it misheard something and allows me to continue without putting Alexa to sleep.

3 Likes

So finally got to set this up last night. I ordered a Sonos Play1 through my work. Finally cashed in all of those reward points that I’ve been holding on to for the last 5 years lol. So can’t argue with free. I have so much fun with CORE having smartthings talk to me about things going on in the house. Last night finally finished building out the Echosistant and oh my did the wife have some fun with it telling the kids to do things like get ready for bed.

1 Like

I’m glad you and the family are enjoying it… Version 4 is coming very very soon and it does some amazing things! Welcome to the EchoSistant family!

2 Likes

V4 - Teaser Alert # 4

Get things done faster, A LOT faster!

Me*: Alexa, lights off in the bedroom
Alexa: ok, turning the lights off in the Bedroom

Me*: Alexa, tell Home Good Night
Alexa: Ok, Good Night

(* good night routine fires that includes security devices - E.G. locks, which are not supported by the native integration)

Me: Alexa, close the garage door in my home
Alexa: Ok, closing the garage door

*NOTE: above examples don’t require any connecting words to the custom skill, like ‘tell/ask/use Home’

2 Likes

I went ahead and upgraded to the latest version. things seems to be working well. When I tell Echo to dim/brighten, turn down/up, raise/lower the kitchen lamp. If I say “Echo the kitchen lamp is to dark/bright” There’s ether no response or it says that command doesn’t work on kitchen lamp.
Did I miss a setting?

1 Like

Did you list all of the devices in the configuration park on the aws website.

It is listed in Custom slot types LIST_OF_DEVICES.
The command turn off kitchen lamp in one minutes works

V4 - Teaser Alert # 5

Protect what matters, when it matters

Me: Alexa arm security in 5 minutes, in my home
Alexa: Are you staying Home, or Leaving?
Me: Staying
Alexa: Ok, changing your Smart Home Monitor to Armed - Home in 5 min.

…after 5 minutes, Sonos announces that Smart Home Security has been changed to Armed (Home)

Don’t want other people opening the garage door?

Me: Alexa open the garage door
Alexa:Pin number, please
Me: 1234
Alexa: Ok, opening the garage door

Pin protection also available for: thermostats, locks, switches, security (Smart Home Monitor), individual routines and mode changes.

5 Likes

Can someone tell me where to get the url for uk use. If I log into the smartthings ide the url I get is https://g if I put that into the lambda then run the test in the service simulator it just says that the response is invalid.

Also can someone tell me the format for the variables in the voice notifications. The smartapp is telling me anytime anyone leaves the building, but what I get is a notification that dollar presence has left.

This is my Lambda code. Sorry I can’t help for your other question though:

try this…

var url= 'https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/location/+ STappID + ‘/’ ;