[Deprecated] EchoSistant Version 1.2.0

This is an evolving app. Code changes and clean up are constantly occurring.

What are you doing where you see an error?
Please follow the troubleshooting section on the wiki and report the error, so I can fix it.

Just telling me you have an error doesn’t help me troubleshoot.

Please update to version 1.2.1 for the parent and child smart apps.

No problem, was just letting you know the answer to the previous issue you were seeing, as I only installed your app out of curiosity at the moment, but was the same issue. The other issue on the parent is on pressing “done” I can send you more details when I get back, but I suspect like you say they are items of code left from other changes…

Hey Jason burned the midnight oil testing different enhancements at once and forgot to clean up some of the code this morning. Please update and try again…

2 Likes

No worry. I’m new to programming in groovy and this is my first smartapp… I’m learning as I go.

We expect version 2.0 to be ready for release in the next few days.

It’s going to have some major enhancements and additions… Which will bring this app almost to maturity.

1 Like

Most people start with a basic app, haha! :smile:

Keep up the good work, you’ve done well considering it’s your first! I’ve only been writing apps for about a year myself, but it’s fairly easy to pick up once you get in to it and work out what works and what doesn’t, I’m sure you’ve got plenty of help, but if you need anyone to help out from the UK I’m happy to help…

I don’t have an echo yet, waiting for Santa :frowning: but when it turns up I will be in contact with both you and Michael, maybe before as there is a project I potentially want to do in Alexa…

One quick question on yours though… can you only send phrases that are in the utterance file, so you would need to configure the different phrases there? If the answer is yes to the above, do you know if it would be possible to get Alexa just to pass what is being said without this?

That’s the difference between Echosistant and Ask Alexa. With Echosistant, Alexa catches the phrase and sends it to ST, and the ST does the processing. Wait till you see the v2.

1 Like

No. This app is total free form speech. You do NOT change the utterance file in any way.

You say whatever you want and it is repeated back over the speakers you choose, or via SMS and push message.

Total flexibility with nothing preprogrammed…

1 Like

EchoSistant is based around the base idea of making Alexa a true personal assistant.

We are working I’m sending emails, adding to the calendar… Maybe even emailing a to-do list or shipping lost.

1 Like

@protocol let us know after you update to last code, if you are getting any more errors…

@bamarayne @SBDOBRESCU ,

Thanks both!! That’s useful to know! I look forward to V2 and will be in contact when I start my own development…

2 Likes

‎I update the parent app to 1.2.1 and it still give me an unexpected error occurred. Sorry but I don’t know what it means but seems like its almost there.

5‎:‎50‎:‎03‎ ‎PM: debug Your installed Profiles are []

It doesn’t appear that parent has any Prifiles associated. Have you installed the EchosistantProfile app in ide along with the parent app and created at least one profile? Or you haven’t gotten that far yet?

Yes I installed both parent and child app. That error occur when I’m trying to create a profile

When you first go into EchoSistant it is from the marketplace. Open it there, Tap done.

Then go to the automatons tab and open the app there. Then try and make a profile.

Hi @bamarayne @SBDOBRESCU,

Can I suggest the V2 merges parent and child in to a single app, i.e how CoRE works?, if you are unsure how to do this I can probably do this for you or show you how to do it…, but moving to this will likely mean older versions wont be migrated, you would need to uninstall / reinstall…

Let me know if it sounds like a good idea or if you want me to send you the updated code? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion. I didn’t see the benefit of having them combined, but it does add a little convenience for users and developers to deal with only one file. Jason and I agreed that is a good idea, so Echosistant v2 will have one file. Coming up very soon! Oops, sorry @bamarayne I let the cat out…

2 Likes

Well. At least 50% of the user based asked about it… So those three folks will be happy…

3 Likes

For computer novices, non coding people like me that makes a huge difference. I’m guessing about 50% of ST users that look at the custom apps & device handler stuff on this site say no way can I do that. I did one about 6 months ago for my BloomSky, but have forgotten for the most part how the heck I did it.

I can’t wait to try this out. Just gonna wait for V2. It will probably take me 3 hours & at least 6 beers to figure it out.

2 Likes

It’s not as difficult as it seems…

But yeah, wait for V2. It will be out as soon as we are done testing everything. Not long.

2 Likes