[Deprecated] EchoSistant Version 1.2.0

Update to Version 1.0.1 on Github now.

Update to Version 1.0.1a… pushing it now.

Much appreciated!

Final push to Version 1.0.1b for OAuth fix.

Thanks…

1 Like

So here is a nice use case if anyone is interested. I paired EchoSistant with @Mike_Maxwell 's Zone Player Manager (link at bottom)

I made a EchoSistant Profile named “everyone” and pointed it at ZPM’s virtual speaker - which then distributes to multiple sonos but only the ones in the rooms that are designated as occupied via the settings in ZPM. This works great for sending to multiple rooms at once AND when you don’t exactly know which room people might be hiding in.

EchoSistant is awesome! Also really like that you included contact book!

4 Likes

That is freaking awesome!!!

A free form message to the whole house but only to the rooms that have people in them!

Pm the details of the setup please.
I want to put this on the wiki!

1 Like

Will Sonos resume after the message?

It does for me - no problem

3 Likes

I hope so… it’s supposed to but I can’t test that feature. I don’t have sonos speakers… but I tried to make sure it was compatible with sonos.

@greg I was only joking :wink:

1 Like

Stop? No way.

In fact, I think bama should combine the talking fish Alexa with a drone and it can be a flying talking fish that fly’s room to room and tracks people down to deliver messages with EChosisstant and expanded to deliver food, sundries, punishments, surveillance and security.

Call it… FlyingFishelexasecurahelper

Really, until that is realized, the potential is squandered…

1 Like

Wait, no bullets, no fun…

1 Like

Me proud of @bamarayne and his apprentice, @SBDOBRESCU :wink:

1 Like

I like this part

1 Like

Says who? Security and punishments includes various weapons packages that enable working the entire force continuum spectrum

Lol… I wish… I learned more from him on this project than he could ever from me.

2 Likes

Oh wait, Jason just got into the goovy groove. Next he’ll tackle the new CoREographer. Sorry @bamarayne I spoiled your surprise AGAIN!

2 Likes

OK, so here you go! I’m a fairly low tech, retired guy that can read and thus figure most things out, it usually takes a few beers. I don’t golf, so Smartthings is my hobby. I’ve successfully done a couple of custom device handlers & apps thru the developer tools thing-of-a- bob.

I have a Sonos Connect on a receiver that can play on speakers around the house, 1 Echo & 2 Dots, with about 40 ST’s connected gadgets.

I’m constantly trying to show the still working boss, WAF, that I accomplished something during the day. (I should note that I do all of the laundry, grocery shopping, hired a great house cleaning crew & cook her a fantastic meal almost every night)

My question: I’m gonna read all of the helpful links above later, but, should this be my next project? I need somebody to push me! :grinning:

Yes… it’s an easy one. And wherever there is an Alexa device you can send a message