[Deprecated] EchoSistant Version 1.2.0

@bamarayne @SBDOBRESCU ,

Thanks both!! That’s useful to know! I look forward to V2 and will be in contact when I start my own development…

2 Likes

‎I update the parent app to 1.2.1 and it still give me an unexpected error occurred. Sorry but I don’t know what it means but seems like its almost there.

5‎:‎50‎:‎03‎ ‎PM: debug Your installed Profiles are []

It doesn’t appear that parent has any Prifiles associated. Have you installed the EchosistantProfile app in ide along with the parent app and created at least one profile? Or you haven’t gotten that far yet?

Yes I installed both parent and child app. That error occur when I’m trying to create a profile

When you first go into EchoSistant it is from the marketplace. Open it there, Tap done.

Then go to the automatons tab and open the app there. Then try and make a profile.

Hi @bamarayne @SBDOBRESCU,

Can I suggest the V2 merges parent and child in to a single app, i.e how CoRE works?, if you are unsure how to do this I can probably do this for you or show you how to do it…, but moving to this will likely mean older versions wont be migrated, you would need to uninstall / reinstall…

Let me know if it sounds like a good idea or if you want me to send you the updated code? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion. I didn’t see the benefit of having them combined, but it does add a little convenience for users and developers to deal with only one file. Jason and I agreed that is a good idea, so Echosistant v2 will have one file. Coming up very soon! Oops, sorry @bamarayne I let the cat out…

2 Likes

Well. At least 50% of the user based asked about it… So those three folks will be happy…

3 Likes

For computer novices, non coding people like me that makes a huge difference. I’m guessing about 50% of ST users that look at the custom apps & device handler stuff on this site say no way can I do that. I did one about 6 months ago for my BloomSky, but have forgotten for the most part how the heck I did it.

I can’t wait to try this out. Just gonna wait for V2. It will probably take me 3 hours & at least 6 beers to figure it out.

2 Likes

It’s not as difficult as it seems…

But yeah, wait for V2. It will be out as soon as we are done testing everything. Not long.

2 Likes

I love this app!

I ran into an issue when I was trying to add a contact from my address book. The app crashed, uninstalled itself, and killed the Profile I created making the token an App ID invalid. I had to revoke and replace the that data in the function.

Oh wow… that’s crazy…

I’ve not been able to text the contacts address book at all… It’s not installed on my system… Though, I know it’s crazy buggy and that could be why it is doing this…

But wait till Version 2.0 “AWESOME”

1 Like

Did I mention that I LOVE THIS APP?

I’ve been playing around with it for the past few hours. I don’t even have speakers yet, but I’ll be getting a Sonos tomorrow :grin:

2 Likes

@bamarayne made me get a couple of speakers and a few dots with his idea. This app is FUN!

don’t forget you can install landroid and bluetooth your phone to the echo… then the tts comes out of it.

1 Like

Has anyone had trouble getting EchoSistant to work in CoRE?

CoRE doesn’t seem to think I have the EchoSistant SA installed.

that’s because you do not have the version that has core enabled…

but you will soon

1 Like

Oooooh, okay. I thought I missed something. I’m so impatient :disappointed_relieved: :joy:

1 Like

@slagle

Please close this thread as this version is no longer active.

All, new version is out. Enjoy…

2 Likes